Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

paddy147 wrote: »
    So thats why he was a factory Suzuki and Yamaha rider in GPs then??

To have been a factory rider in 500s for two major Japanese manufacturers and not win a single race is pretty shoite tbh :) but I wouldn't care if he had ten world championships, the commentary that pair deliver during a race is poor.

Scrap the cap!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

ninja900 wrote: »
    To have been a factory rider in 500s for two major Japanese manufacturers and not win a single race is pretty shoite tbh :) but I wouldn't care if he had ten world championships, the commentary that pair deliver during a race is poor.

Surely the BBC commentary cant be worse than Setanta though???:pac:

And at least the Beeb and Steve Parrish will do a short film on a Motogp bike and its setup and the team in question (which I actually do find interesting).

You dont get that with Setanta or even British Eurosport.

But British Eurosport makes up for that with 1st class commentary.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Aggressive??

Not at all,no harsh or crude words,no aggressive posting on my part at all.Unless you want to show me where though??????

Merely asking you a simple question about a TV audience and is base of viewers,and explaining to you that some people would and will learn stuff from what Steve Parrish shows and explains about the MotoGP bikes and teams.

You made a comment about bike enthusiasts watching it,so I made a very simple and honest reply to that comment about a TV audience and what Steve Parrish does for said TV audience.
    Paddy you do have some issues itd be handy if you gave up posting for awhile and spoke to a doctor for your own sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Paddy you do have some issues itd be handy if you gave up posting for awhile and spoke to a doctor for your own sake

Warning given for personal abuse.

ROY RACE wrote: »

I did,and he is sending me off abroad to see "The Doctor" in 2 months.:D

Thanks for your very valuable input here,with your 1st ever post on the motorbike forum.

• Advertisement

I,ll give Nicky Hayden an 8 out of 10 for his somersault through the air in Aragon on Sunday.

The landing could have been better though.:D...(thankfullly he was not injured)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0dSv-5LSmI

Someone give Johnny Rea a MotoGP ride for next year or 2014.

Hes worthy of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Why O why did the Kentuky kid hit that barrier....I have watched it a dozen times and he could have easily have dropped off into the kitty litter rather then head 1st into that barrier. He shed enough speed to do it, maybe he taught he could slow it and not hit it but man what a somersault.

I have to buy a new remote for my TV after Bradl binned it I ****ed it on the floor, I was gutted for the lad.

Poor old Cal, after all that work.....running out of go go juice as it was so honestly put. Delighted for Alvaro B with the podium and a little dissapointed with Lorenzo's performance....Its getting pretty predictable now with Lorenzo leading and Dani taking him in the final quarter of the races.

As for "WORLD CLASS" spies....PMSL :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Poor old Cal, after all that work.....running out of go go juice as it was so honestly put. Delighted for Alvaro B with the podium and a little dissapointed with Lorenzo's performance....Its getting pretty predictable now with Lorenzo leading and Dani taking him in the final quarter of the races.

Aye, it's down to a two-horse race and not even Stoner can help Dani. Pedrosa's only hope now is if Jorge blows an engine and has to start further back in the grid as a penalty for using a new engine (he's on his 6th engine of the season now).

Gutted for Cal, he put up a good fight. I guess his bike is harder on juice than the Gresini Honda. Nice that Bautista was re-signed for next season too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    a little dissapointed with Lorenzo's performance....Its getting pretty predictable now with Lorenzo leading and Dani taking him in the final quarter of the races.

Lorenzo doesn't need to take any risks, 2nd and 3rd places will do him fine...

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Lorenzo doesn't need to take any risks, 2nd and 3rd places will do him fine...

He aint got it in the bag yet and this is coming from a Jorge fan BTW, Dani is only 28pts behind with a possible 75pts yet to claim. I know it will take something out of the ordinary to put a spanner in the works but Pedrosa is on fire and its not impossible for one of the lower teams rider to take Lorenzo out like Pesrosa was side swiped a few weeks ago.

Yes, of course the same thing could happen to Pedrosa ;) guess I just want an exciting run in thats all. :pac:

Cracking Moto 3 and Moto 2 races in Philip Island this morning.
    MotoGP was ok.

Watched it all live on Setanta Ireland at 3 am this morning.

The Aussies did fantastic indeed,in all races

Stoner absolutely smoked them all in the MotoGP race.

It was something else to see him power sliding the RCV at 160mph through "Stoner Corner" (officially renamed corner 3 in honour of Casey Stoner).

Pedrosa crashed out on the 1st lap and handed the title to Lorenzo.

Lorenzo came home in 2nd and Cal Crutchlow came home in a very well deserved 3rd place.

Rossi was 7th and over 32 seconds behind Stoner at the end.

Moto 2 was epic with a great battle for 2,3rd and 4th right down to the line.

As was Moto3 aswell.

A double bird strike in Moto3 on the main straight was interesting to see,the seagulls flew right into the main pack of riders.

Id rather see 2 seagulls taken out than see 2 riders taken out.

Now if only they can get MotoGP to be as exciting as Moto 2 and Moto 3 then we are all on a winner.:D

Mark Marques was crowned Moto 2 champion,by getting a 2nd place.

He nearly crashed his bike when riding into parc ferme,with his celebrating antics.
    Dont know what he was trying to do,but it nearly ened up badly for him and a few people around him.

Lorenzo did a massive burnout in the pit lane,right on the edge of parc ferme aswell,he was revving the absolute nutts of his M1.

Wonder would the FIM or Dorna frown on that and possibly fine him for that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Wonder would the FIM or Dorna frown on that and possibly fine him for that??
    Not a chance, its done all the time.
    The only ones that would have said anything to him would have been his mechanics if he hadn't won.
    He doesn't need the engines now so smoke em up Jorge.

They need to shake it up for next year big time....its so boring right now. They could do worse then to change it to a 2 shorter race format like WSB/BSB, anything its crying out for a bit of UMPPPPHHHHH!

I would have stayed up aswell but I knew it would be boring so decided to record it and watch it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I watched Rossi last week being interviewed..he was saying that the racing was boring for the viewers and spectators, with the same riders at the front all the time.....
    Lets see next year when he's back on a bike that he can handle if his opinion changes....:rolleyes:

Honda has threatened to pull out in 2014 if the FIM and Dorna go ahead and introduce a one make "control eletronics and ecu package" for all teams.

Basicly every motogp team would have to work with the exact same ecu and electronics package.

HRC is completely against this,as they say its turning prototype motogp bikes into a more production based WSB system instead.

Im pretty tired now.

Never went to bed,between 4 hours of live MotoGP and then 2.5 hours of live F1 this morning,from India

The race long scrap for 4th place between Dovi,Bradl and Bautista was a good one.

Plenty or aggressive overtaking and racing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I watched Rossi last week being interviewed..he was saying that the racing was boring for the viewers and spectators, with the same riders at the front all the time.....
    Lets see next year when he's back on a bike that he can handle if his opinion changes....:rolleyes:
    In fairness it is.
    MotoGP you had Stoner,Pedrosa, Lorenzo to come in on the podium.
    If one of them was injured or crashed out then the satellite bikes would have a chance, Tech 3 Yamaha or LCR/Gresini Honda.
    So unless your are on factory machinery from Yamaha or Honda you have no chance of finishing in the top 5
    The Ducati GP bikes are not competitive, 30 seconds off the pace of the lead rider.
    CRT bikes from Aprilia were in front of the factory Ducati's at Phillip Island.
    What does that say about their competitiveness?
    Rossi is right in what he says, its just processional racing at the moment in MotoGP, basically time trials.
    Lorenzo is turning out laps that are within tenths all race long, thats consistency but the race in Brno between him and Dani was the highlight of the last few months racing, thats not good for the riders or the audience.
    MotoGP Racing has to be more competitive, now that Bridgepoint has given Dorna control of both series WSBK and MGP, things might start to change.

Honda has threatened to pull out in 2014 if the FIM and Dorna go ahead and introduce a one make "control eletronics and ecu package" for all teams.

Basicly every motogp team would have to work with the exact same ecu and electronics package.

HRC is completely against this,as they say its turning prototype motogp bikes into a more production based WSB system instead.

They (Honda) have spent literally millions perfecting the electronics and ECU, now that is likely to be money totally wasted. No wonder they pissed off....cant blame them. :rolleyes:

A CRT bike (yes I said CRT) is "leading" the MotoGP race live at the moment on BBC2.

I know its a wet race,but fcuk me...a CRT leading???:eek::eek::D

Oh and its Pol Espargaro in the lead.

Well Dovi on the M1 has just passed him for 1st.

Good race,all comming into pits for dry tyres and jumping onto their 2nd bikes now.:D

Normal service resumed.

Lorenzo and Pedrosa battling for the lead.

Both on slicks and on a damp track too.

Big crash for Lorenzo while leading.

He was trying to lap James Ellison and he got it wrong.Lorenzo tried to go around the outside on a wet corner and he ended up in the air...big time

Fast and big highside indeed..

Imagine if that had have been for the championship???

This is how mad this race is.....

Rossi is in 10th place,and Pedrosa who is in 1st,has just lapped Rossi.

James Ellison on a CRT bike has just lapped Rossi too

Cal just crashed out of 2nd place.Cals bike tried to ride over his head

This is a "Crashtastic" race indeed........all dropping like flies

• Advertisement

Pedrosa has a lead over over 30 seconds,back to Nagasuto in 2nd place (Yamaha test rider).

Ben Spies must be kicking himself seeing the Yamaha "test rider" in 2nd place and on for a podium finish.:eek::pac::D

Advertisement