Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can/will Rossi win MotoGP Races again??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Pedrosa 1st

Nagasuto 2nd

Stoner 3rd

Bautista 4th

Piro (CRT) 5th

Very interesting race indeed.

Oh and a CRT bike finished in 5th place...yes 5th

Rossi in 10th,lapped by several CRT bikes and well and treuly pi55ed off sitting down in the Ducati garage.

I bet Rossi cant wait to jump onto the Yamaha M1 in 48 hours time for the 1st big test for next year.;):D

Nagasuto has not got 1 word of English on him.

He needed a translator with him for the parc ferme interviews.

Id say Ben Spies is asking himself..."why couldnt I do that on the M1 then"..:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

paddy147 wrote: »

Not quite. I heard him say 'something something conditions something something'. :)

The conditions had a big influence on the race all right.

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Not quite. I heard him say 'something something conditions something something'. :)

The conditions had a big influence on the race all right.

Well he had no English when speaking to Azi when she interviewed him on the BBC after the race in parc ferme.;):pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,394 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I mean when he was speaking Japanese to Azi I definitely heard him use the word 'conditions'!

A lot of non-English speaking racers will do that when they're referring to racing terminology.

Works the other way too, the word 'box' (pit) comes from German.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Fair play to Nakasuga. He did a great job; better in one race than Ben Spies has been all season. I for one cannot wait for next year with Rossi back on the M1 and Marquez in the mix. Gonna be great. The awards ceremony is on motogp.com atm if anyone is interested.

I could imagine Lorenzo absoluetely storming down to James Ellisons pit garage,after the race and having fistycuffs with him.
    Imagine if the title race was still on and that crash had have lost him the championship title.:pac::pac::D

Lorenzo...you are a lucky lucky boy indeed.:D

That was Ellisons last race for the Paul Bird Motorsport team aswell.

They have not asked him to race with them in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

Lorenzo's fall was nobody's fault but his. He was on the wet trying to overtake.
    Marquez won today's race starting from the last postion in the grid. He overtook 20 guys in 3 corners.The next MotoGP championship with Lorenzo, Marquez and Pedrosa is going to be great. Not sure about Rossi's performance next year. I would have signed Crutchlow rather than Rossi. He has done great on the Yamaha Tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

He needed a translator with him for the parc ferme interviews.:pac::pac:

:confused:....Didnt know it was a regulation for the riders to be able to speak english.....
    I could imagine Lorenzo absoluetely storming down to James Ellisons pit garage,after the race and having fistycuffs with him.
    Imagine if the title race was still on and that crash had have lost him the championship title.:pac::pac::D

Totally Lorenzo's own fault..he could have waited till the straight and blew past then...he fcuked up ....

• Advertisement

:confused:....Didnt know it was a regulation for the riders to be able to speak english.....

Totally Lorenzo's own fault..he could have waited till the straight and blew past then...he fcuked up ....

Its been a long time since they needed a translator in perc ferme for MotoGP.....didnt know there was any harm in posting that here or saying that Nagasuto didnt speak any English to the BBC....(he reminds me of Haga in his early WSB days).

And I never posted that the crash was Ellisons fault either.Unless Im going blind that is.....:pac:

I said that Lorenzo tried to ride around the outside of Ellison and that it went wrong for him.
    Big crash for Lorenzo while leading.

He was trying to lap James Ellison and he got it wrong.Lorenzo tried to go around the outside on a wet corner and he ended up in the air...big time

Fast and big highside indeed..

Imagine if that had have been for the championship???

If you look at the footage of the crash,Lorenzo was fumming and shaking his hand in protest,while siting in the gravel.
    So I only said if that had have been for the title,then I could imagine Lorenzo storming down to Ellisons pit garage at the end of the race and fistycuffs ensuing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I think Lorenzo was complaining about the lack of blue flags for the PBR machine.
    Its Lorenzo's own fault at the end of the day going off line on a mixed condition track on slicks, plenty of others paid the price as well.
    Hayden, Crutchlow, and plenty of the CRT riders also crashed the same way.
    Nakasuga had a double celebration, he had a son on the Saturday.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I think Lorenzo was complaining about the lack of blue flags for the PBR machine.
    Its Lorenzo's own fault at the end of the day going off line on a mixed condition track on slicks, plenty of others paid the price as well.
    Hayden, Crutchlow, and plenty of the CRT riders also crashed the same way.
    Nakasuga had a double celebration, he had a son on the Saturday.

What a way to celebrate eh?:D

I bet Tech 3 wish they had have signed him up for next season and not Bradly Smith.:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I bet Tech 3 wish they had have signed him up for next season and not Bradly Smith.:pac::pac:

Just one person's opinion here, but I think signing "Bradders" is a HUGE mistake!!! He's too young, too inexperienced and too full of himself. There are far better riders in Moto2 who would have filled the seat better IMHO.

Just one person's opinion here, but I think signing "Bradders" is a HUGE mistake!!! He's too young, too inexperienced and too full of himself. There are far better riders in Moto2 who would have filled the seat better IMHO.

Couldnt agree more.

There is also a certain Mr Johny Rea from WSB too.;):)

He did very very well for those 2 races on Stoners RCV.

Is Rea contracted to stay with Honda.....if he gets into MotoGP in 2014 though????

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Paddy, the lads name is Nakasuga. :P.

But yeah, Bradley Smith is one of the worst choices they could have made. He didnt even do anything decent this year. That just stinks of daddys pocket.

Anyways,... look who's back. Now the fun really begins.

rossi-1.jpg

A7hizcYCYAE_Lar.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Spotted that on his facebook page today alright Pipz. Exciting times ahead :D

I wonder will it be like letting a caged up animal out of the cage and letting it go wild...with regards Rossi being let out of the Ducati cage and let to run wild with Yamaha????

Lets hope so.:)

I wonder will it be like letting a caged up animal out of the cage and letting it go wild...with regards Rossi being let out of the Ducati cage and let to run wild with Yamaha????

Lets hope so.:)

Can't wait to see how he gets on tomorrow!!!!!

I rekon Bradly Smith will be way faster on the Tech 3 than Rossi will be on the Factory Yamaha.

Just Kidding.:pac::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I reckon that Bradley Smith will be way faster then Ben Spies was on the Factory Yamaha......

AND I AINT KIDDING....HE COULD NOT BE ANYWORSE!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Today testing was curtailed due to bad weather

Rossi was 6th by the end of the day.

Bradly Smith and Cal Crutchlow didnt even go out testing.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/186055/1/pics_valentino_rossi_returns_to_yamaha.html

Yamaha have left Valencia for Aragon.

Have to say that the grey paintwork and bits of the bare carbon left unpainted looks the mutts nutts on the Yamaha M1.

Today testing was curtailed due to bad weather

Rossi was 6th by the end of the day.

Bradly Smith and Cal Crutchlow didnt even go out testing.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/186055/1/pics_valentino_rossi_returns_to_yamaha.html

And Dovi 3rd on the Ducati!!!??? :eek:

Jesus I really hope this (Ducati) does not fcuk Dovi up....I really do. The last thing MotoGP needs is another big name non performer that hands the races to the other 2 or 3.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jesus I really hope this (Ducati) does not fcuk Dovi up....I really do. The last thing MotoGP needs is another big name non performer that hands the races to the other 2 or 3.

I hope so too, I like Dovi. But the Ducati is a career ender (Stoner excepted) Look at Melandri, Capirossi, Hayden, Rossi.....

Must be a Jessie J thang......"ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONNNNNEYYYYY MONEY MONEY"

• Advertisement

I hope so too, I like Dovi. But the Ducati is a career ender (Stoner excepted) Look at Melandri, Capirossi, Hayden, Rossi.....
    In its current iteration.
    Preziozi has been given the P45 by Audi so maybe, just maybe there are going to be changes in the GP13/14 bikes?
    If they got rid of the L twin and opted for a narrow angle V then they might be in the running.
    They have some amount of work to do though, the Panigale is a POS and its largely based on the GP setup.

Advertisement