Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on advertising

Options
  • 15-07-2012 2:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭

Greetings,

I'm looking to burn about €25k on advertising a new product targeted towards taxi drivers.

Does anyone know how best to go about this? I realise it's an expensive game, but how to maximise my spend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

Actor wrote: »
    Greetings,

I'm looking to burn about €25k on advertising a new product targeted towards taxi drivers.

Does anyone know how best to go about this? I realise it's an expensive game, but how to maximise my spend?

Firstly join irishtaxi.org and post on the drivers forums there, second email all the taxi companies you can find. Both are free.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 348 ✭✭Actor

corkonion wrote: »
    Firstly join irishtaxi.org and post on the drivers forums there, second email all the taxi companies you can find. Both are free.

Thanks for that. I was thinking along those lines anyway. Preparing a marketing strategy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭smeharg

Greetings,

Thanks for that. I was thinking along those lines anyway. Preparing a marketing strategy here.

If you've that kind of money to spend you might be better engaging a professional marketing firm to do it for you.

smeharg wrote: »
    If you've that kind of money to spend you might be better engaging a professional marketing firm to do it for you.

Yes, I was considering this. I don't think €25k is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things.

I want to advertise on the back of buses, etc. I also was thinking about bus shelters, etc. But I'm not sure if this is the biggest bang for my buck.

smeharg wrote: »

Yes, I was considering this. I don't think €25k is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things.

I want to advertise on the back of buses, etc. I also was thinking about bus shelters, etc. But I'm not sure if this is the biggest bang for my buck.

If your aiming at taxis, why not advertise on taxis? Also there is a company that does a lot of advertising in taxis called digicab ph0214303030, they might be of assistance. There is also the taxi federation magazine, perhaps the most direct way is leaflet distribution at busy taxi ranks.

• Advertisement

corkonion wrote: »
    If your aiming at taxis, why not advertise on taxis? Also there is a company that does a lot of advertising in taxis called digicab ph0214303030, they might be of assistance. There is also the taxi federation magazine, perhaps the most direct way is leaflet distribution at busy taxi ranks.

Hi Corkonion. Vehicle wrapping might be a way forward. It's just I've heard stories of the paint coming off when the wrapping is removed (especially around the bumper area).

Does anyone know how much this would cost?

I'll get on the phone in the morning.

Easier and cheaper, but just as effective to get magnetic signage for doors, wrapping is expensive, and usually requires a 12 month commitment.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Is this Hailo you're advertising?? If so love the product, delighted it's finally here, I use it in the US and UK!

I reckon the taxi community is so small that you'd be best off spending that money directly on the taxi drivers? Make a little meal pack - a small lunch & drink in a branded bag with information about the product and give it out free at the ranks. Then offer them a bonus if they sign up - no fee's for the first month etc when they join as an incentive for them to give it a go with the risk reversed. That way they will share the service virally.

Is this Hailo you're advertising?? If so love the product, delighted it's finally here, I use it in the US and UK!

I reckon the taxi community is so small that you'd be best off spending that money directly on the taxi drivers? Make a little meal pack - a small lunch & drink in a branded bag with information about the product and give it out free at the ranks. Then offer them a bonus if they sign up - no fee's for the first month etc when they join as an incentive for them to give it a go with the risk reversed. That way they will share the service virally.

Hi Ronan, thanks for the message. It's a product rather than a service. Not sure about lunch packs, but definitely something I hadn't considered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭IRE60

I'd look at direct as they are a very identifiable group. i'd get some high quality information printed then hit the bricks - if you spent all day thursday friday and saturday in the city center you cover a huge number of your target audience (get t-shirts, sweat shirts printed up for about 10 people and hit the streets).

Then I'd look at the bigger taxi companies in the suburbs and hit then the following week.

Try and see if there is any promotional product that a taxi driver would keep (nothing off the top of my head)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

IRE60 wrote: »
    I'd look at direct as they are a very identifiable group. i'd get some high quality information printed then hit the bricks - if you spent all day thursday friday and saturday in the city center you cover a huge number of your target audience (get t-shirts, sweat shirts printed up for about 10 people and hit the streets).

Then I'd look at the bigger taxi companies in the suburbs and hit then the following week.

Try and see if there is any promotional product that a taxi driver would keep (nothing off the top of my head)[/QUOTEThermos type coffee cups with corporate message, pens, post-it pads for the dashboard, branded gillet ( sleevless huskey jacket )

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭EamonOSullivan

Wini Cabs is an Irish-based company that are building up a customer base in Dublin for their system which matches the customers co-ordinates with taxis who are within 5 minutes drive. If the driver accepts the fare, the customer gets a text back with a registration number and ( I think ) a car colour. Just thought I'd give them a plug. I have no connection other than having met the founders at a business network event.

Advertisement