Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Selecting Correct Light Bulb Type

• 15-07-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

I need to purchase a light bulb for an empty socket. There is no light bulb there at the moment.

A standard screw top bulb does not fit. A standard 'pointy' bulb does not fit.

I think a thin bulb with pointy things at the top and not the sides is required or so it seems.

Anyone any idea what type of bulb that I need to purchase?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

It would be best if you were to post a picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Not certain if this photo helps. Thanks.

11iim45.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Does it loom like this?

752185HBO111111M.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

There has not been a bulb in the socket for some time.

However, when there was, It did not look like that. The pins, if there were any, were not as long as that.

Maybe it needs a super thin screw light bulb only? It just seems that it needs pointy things at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

it looks like theres a base of a old bulb broken off and stuck in the holder
    make sure the light is turned of(switch off at the the fusebox to be safe) and try and twist out the old base of the bulb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Yeah power off at fuseboard and use a long nose pliers or a normal pliers and twist it out. It looks like a large edison screw in type bulb is stuck in it...

Thank you all so much for your help.

What you have said makes sense.

I now need to get my hands on pliers!!

Advertisement