Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered 8mb but only getting 6mb???

Options
  • 15-07-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

I recently got the 8mb package from eircom but im only getting 6mb. My previous phoneline broadband was UTV and we got 8mb so i know my line can handle the 8. So im wondering why im not getting the 8mb??? Also i havent received my login details yet etc. Lucky i know a bit about computers. Can anyone help?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

It is an up to 8mbit package with a 'free synch'. The old 7.6mbit pachage was more like guaranteed to synch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    It is an up to 8mbit package with a 'free synch'. The old 7.6mbit pachage was more like guaranteed to synch.
    So whats that mean? Yeah i know that its "up to 8" if your line can handle it but i was already on 8 with utv. I sent them a query through their site, they said they'd get back to me. Cheers for reply anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I recently got the 8mb package from eircom but im only getting 6mb. My previous phoneline broadband was UTV and we got 8mb so i know my line can handle the 8. So im wondering why im not getting the 8mb??? Also i havent received my login details yet etc. Lucky i know a bit about computers. Can anyone help?

Hi Irishmaster,

I ran some checks on your line and broadband connection.

Our systems show that the broadband capability on your telephone line is between 6 - 7.6MB.

So at the moment the speed provisioned is 6MB.

I will look into trying to increase the speed on the line to see if it remains stable. And I will get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Irishmaster,

I ran some checks on your line and broadband connection.

Our systems show that the broadband capability on your telephone line is between 6 - 7.6MB.

So at the moment the speed provisioned is 6MB.

I will look into trying to increase the speed on the line to see if it remains stable. And I will get back to you soon.

Thanks, Mark
    Ok cheers, would love to get back to the 8/7.6 like we had before with UTV.

Ok cheers, would love to get back to the 8/7.6 like we had before with UTV.

Hi Irishmaster,

I have changed your profile to 8MB can you monitor it over the next few hours and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Irishmaster,

I have changed your profile to 8MB can you monitor it over the next few hours and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,
    We are now getting 7.6mb according to my router stats and speed test. A slight bit lower than what we had before. Thanks for your help!

Hi Mark,
    We are now getting 7.6mb according to my router stats and speed test. A slight bit lower than what we had before. Thanks for your help!

No problem,

Let us know if there is any connection issues.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement