Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union transfer money to AIB current account?

Options
  • 15-07-2012 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to transferr money from a credit union account to a AIB current account?

Also do the Credit union have a current account like AIB or BOI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

RobitTV wrote: »
    Is it possible to transferr money from a credit union account to a AIB current account?
    Depends on the credit union. Each credit union is an independent organisation. Some are very high tech, some are not. Check your own CUs website.
    RobitTV wrote: »
    Also do the Credit union have a current account like AIB or BOI?
    I'm not aware of any CU that provides a current account service. Some have good online banking services, but I don't think any CU provides ATM withdrawals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My credit union (Aughrim Street, Dublin 7) allows for online transfers to be made to pay loans, savings etc. Also when i recently took out a loan they transferred it directly to my Ulster Bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shiftee

I'm interested in this aswell. I found a pdf here http://pscubed.com/downloads/uuuzqnvv.pdf
    which seems to indicate so but I don't think my local branch has heard about it.
    I opened an account today and specifically mentioned that I wanted a current account but i'm pretty sure what i've got is the usual savings type account.
    I forgot to ask about a debit card.
    The account seems to be just an aib account with an extra credit union account number.
    I also asked about online banking and given a standing order mandate form. Overall i'm a little confused:confused::confused:

It seems they're aiming for Dec2012 for full implementation
    http://www.creditunion.ie/Default.aspx?p=103&n=111&a=344

And finally Bishopstown credit union in Cork seem to have it all setup with:
    LINK (current) accounts
    Debit cards (no fees, even from abroad)
    Online banking

http://www.bishopstowncu.ie/images/library/documents/16122009%2D164941%2Epdf

Sorry AIB, we had a good run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 fedup.with.itb

kceire wrote: »
    My credit union (Aughrim Street, Dublin 7) allows for online transfers to be made to pay loans, savings etc. Also when i recently took out a loan they transferred it directly to my Ulster Bank account.

Hi kceire, I'm a member with aughrim street too. Can't find their NSC? Can you post it please. Thank you, want to set up this transfer asap

Advertisement