Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family law Judge Cork.

• 15-07-2012 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the name of the female Family law Judge sitting in Cork ?

Many Thanks .
    Stargate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Stargate wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the female Family law Judge sitting in Cork ?

Many Thanks .
    Stargate

must have been a once off - there are no female judges based in Cork.

Judge dave riordan takes the family list in the circuit court

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Thanks Jacko , Nope , not a once-off , been there twice since last year and judge is female ;) She`s not listed under the Courts service site either !

Stargate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

perhaps the county registrar ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Stargate wrote: »
    Thanks Jacko , Nope , not a once-off , been there twice since last year and judge is female ;) She`s not listed under the Courts service site either !

Stargate

I assume it is An Breitheamh Aingeal Ní Chondúin, she is a movable judge of the District Court she has appeared a number of times in Cork District Court. If it is the Circuit Court then the only one I can think it may have been is Her Honour Judge Leonie Reynolds, I think she took a few Family law cases in the past in Cork.

If it is Court 7 in the Circuit Court, then as someone else said it is the County Registrar.

I assume it is An Breitheamh Aingeal Ní Chondúin, she is a movable judge of the District Court she has appeared a number of times in Cork District Court. If it is the Circuit Court then the only one I can think it may have been is Her Honour Judge Leonie Reynolds, I think she took a few Family law cases in the past in Cork.

If it is Court 7 in the Circuit Court, then as someone else said it is the County Registrar.

Thanks ResearchWill !

Appreciate your help , Yes that`s her , Aingeal Ní Chondúin . Her signature on the Court doc is difficult to read , but now i have the name ... its a match .
    So she is a movable judge , wish she`d move from Cork :rolleyes:

Glad to have a name ResearchWill

THANK YOU !!

Stargate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭corkboy10

Not the most pleaseant of judges in my experience :(

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

She usually adjudicates in a fair and just manner in my experience.

Being pleasant is not a requirement.

i get a sense of bias,but then again i only had the experience of her the one time

corkboy10 wrote: »
    i get a sense of bias,but then again i only had the experience of her the one time

From what I have heard a very fair and to the point judge.

i hope to have that positive experience next time,all any father would like is equal treatment at the end of the day :)

• Advertisement

i hope to have that positive experience next time,all any father would like is equal treatment at the end of the day :)

I can tell you as a fact the complaint from family lawyers about that judge is that she is a fair judge and unlike many male judges she does not listen to crap from either party.

As an aside I never understand why people think a judge who only gets to listen to a few hours of people's lives will get to fully understand all that's going on. The only advise I give over and over as a lawyer to people in family law situations is avoid us as much as possible.

The only advice I would give to anyone in a breakup situation, to a mother get independent as quickly as possible and give the father as much access and custody as he wants to the fathers I say give as much Money as you can to your children.

is she pro mother or pro father on any specific issues????family law can get quite messy i agree

is she pro mother or pro father on any specific issues????family law can get quite messy i agree

From what I have heard she is fair and is neither pro father or mother but will not listen to crap.

thats good to hear :D

I can tell you as a fact the complaint from family lawyers about that judge is that she is a fair judge and unlike many male judges she does not listen to crap from either party.

As an aside I never understand why people think a judge who only gets to listen to a few hours of people's lives will get to fully understand all that's going on. The only advise I give over and over as a lawyer to people in family law situations is avoid us as much as possible.

The only advice I would give to anyone in a breakup situation, to a mother get independent as quickly as possible and give the father as much access and custody as he wants to the fathers I say give as much Money as you can to your children.

Agree with some of what you say ResearchWill .

But i have to say from my OWN experience she was unwilling or would not take the time to view or listen to evidence , which IS important in deciding a case .

She just wants to streamroll ahead to get results SHE thinks fit the case ,and no I cannot say she is a fair judge , far from it.

Regards
    Stargate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Quite often difficulties are encountered where someone thinks something is relevant evidence and someone else thinks otherwise. If the first someone is a litigant and the second is a judge, or vice versa, then the litigant is going to be disappointed.

That's what appeals are for.

how often are family law appeals overturned/judgements edited???

Good question , would love to know the answer to this one myself ?

Stargate

afaik its now Judge David Riordan dealing with circuit court appeals for family law,only had one (positive) experience of him from his time in the district court,but back to the original issue,i actually havent heard on many people appealing family law cases

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

Best of luck dealing with this woman, I wish she'd stay in Cork. she's a curse in Dublin, for men anyway,:mad::(:mad::(

• Advertisement

its not the familly law court at all,its the mothers shafting fathers court

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Peew

its not the familly law court at all,its the mothers shafting fathers court
    True that:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

District Court appeals are heard in the Circuit Court and further appeals are heard in the High Court. The High Court appeals are listed HERE and all of the cases with initials of both sides rather than names are generally family law.
    There are no records of Circuit Court appeal but the report Post-Separation
    Parenting
    refers to a few. Happy reading!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

District Court appeals are heard in the Circuit Court and further appeals are heard in the High Court.

What do you mean by further appeals sorry?

whether married or not 99% of the time the mother will come out as the victor in the court,the majority of family law legislation dates back several decades,but sure the day a father (married or not) has equal rights to his child will be the day we wont be living in a corrupt society!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭James Jones

What do you mean by further appeals sorry?

If you're not happy with a District Court order, you can appeal it to the Circuit Court. If the Circuit Court order does not help you, then you can appeal it to the High Court. High Court orders can be appealed to the European Court unless there is a point of law that can be appealed to the Supreme Court.

Due to the costs, few normal people can afford to go further than the Circuit Court and so the sham of Family Law is maintained in secret as only the High Court judgements are public

If you're not happy with a District Court order, you can appeal it to the Circuit Court. If the Circuit Court order does not help you, then you can appeal it to the High Court. High Court orders can be appealed to the European Court unless there is a point of law that can be appealed to the Supreme Court.

Due to the costs, few normal people can afford to go further than the Circuit Court and so the sham of Family Law is maintained in secret as only the High Court judgements are public

There is no appeal to a either the ECj or the ECHR. There can be a reference to the ECJ on a EU point but I assume most family law would not involve such a point, there can be a case brought to the ECHR if and only if there is a Convention point.

While some High Court family law judgements are written and published anonymity is mainted, quite a large number of family cases are fought in the High Court. It was decided when setting up the divorce system to allow the Circuit Court to deal with divorce to keep costs down.

The simple problem with family law is if two grown adults (or either one of them) wants to act the muppet no legal system can do anything to stop that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

There is the alternative avenue of appeal in dressing up as Batman and scaling a crane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm still confused as to why there is two appeals - are you sure a DC order can be appealed twice?

• Advertisement

I'm still confused as to why there is two appeals - are you sure a DC order can be appealed twice?

There is a misconception that only one appeal is allowed, but many matters can say start outside the courts be appealed to DC then to CC then to HC and then on to SC and then even ECJ (not really an appeal but you know what I mean).

The Zambrano decision started out as a social welfare appeal from the Belgium dole office.

But also some matters can only go one step example criminal matter in DC can only be appealed to CC. It really all depends on the rules and statute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement