Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retail security tag systems

Options
  • 15-07-2012 7:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭

Dont know if this is the forum.
    I want to buy a 2nd hand security gate and tag system but was wondering do they all work with different tags or are they all universal?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ill move this to Home Security. Its more suited there than computer Security.

I don't think you would have much luck picking up something like this second hand. All tags are different also. And pretty expensive. Whats the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I briefly looked in to this a few years ago and refurbished units were easy enough to get and tags started from a few cent each. I'll post up details if I can find them
    Different tags for different applications

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 368 ✭✭wanabe

ya I need to use a gate with the stickers but was just wondering would a gate used for the clothes tags work with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Yes it's all down to the frequency of the tags and making sure the system can operate at that freq.
    The systems I looked could take all sorts of tags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

wanabe wrote: »
    Dont know if this is the forum.
    I want to buy a 2nd hand security gate and tag system but was wondering do they all work with different tags or are they all universal?

i have sent you pm on this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement