Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Gaming

Options
  • 15-07-2012 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hey I'm visiting Galway city on Tuesday and I was just wondering is there any shop whiich sells retro games? i.e snes, nes, genesis etc. Thank you :)
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's been asked a few times in Retro Games and there doesn't seem to be one. Suppose you can check the usual game shops if they might have something lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Unfortunately there is no retro game shop in Galway. :(

On the off chance that you are considering opening one in Galway OP, for the love of Jesus please do!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Charity shops (rarely) have them, try the pawn shops.

Theres one on Eglington St and one around the corner beside the Charcoal Grill, they have a few sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭timsnewbridge

Thanks for all the replies guys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭steel_spine

Retro console games, you're probably out of luck in Galway. Out of all the shops, I'd say your best bet would be the pawn shop on Eyre Square near O'Connell's pub, I've seen some older stuff in there before, but I'd say your chances are slim.
    I wish there was a nostalgia gaming shop here but I can see it being hard to make money out of. Incidentally, Cork had a savage one last time I was down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Retro console games, you're probably out of luck in Galway. Out of all the shops, I'd say your best bet would be the pawn shop on Eyre Square near O'Connell's pub, I've seen some older stuff in there before, but I'd say your chances are slim.
    I wish there was a nostalgia gaming shop here but I can see it being hard to make money out of. Incidentally, Cork had a savage one last time I was down there.

The shop beside O'Connell's is gone I'm afraid!

Personally, I always found Cork very expensive. Try The R.A.G.E. in Dublin, brilliant place.

http://gamegameblog.wordpress.com/2011/01/20/the-rage-retro-game-shop-in-dublin/

Advertisement