Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen iPhone - can it be found?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

smash wrote: »
    I'd wait before blocking it. If you have a password on it then I'd give it a day or so in case it connects to open wifi.

Actually, it should still connect I think.

Well when I reported it stolen to 3 Ireland, they told me to block it straight away. Not a lot I can do about that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

Mine was picked last week. I was devastated as everything was on it. The iPhone search brought up nothing / it was obviously turned off. I blocked it via the web site. I rang vodafone and they locked it totally. I rang the guards and no one had handed it in. It was the fourth one that was picked that week-a small town.
    It was insured so another one landed yesterday. I did A restore via iTunes so I've most items back bar photos.
    I'm glad I paid the extra for insurance- I was going to give it up to save a few euro.

My insurance just ran out, it was literally three working days since it ran out. So I am fecked.

My insurance may still cover me which is a relief!

I have been using Find My iPhone and it still hasn't popped up, wonder what that means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Find my iPhone won't work now because you have blocked the sim card. Chances are the phone was restored aswell which will also block find my iPhone

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    Find my iPhone won't work now because you have blocked the sim card. Chances are the phone was restored aswell which will also block find my iPhone

Well you have to do all that for insurance purposes. It's really a useless feature unless you have just misplaced your phone.

I just had my claim approved even though my insurance had run out so I will get a new/refurb iPhone next week so stick that you smelly scanger.*

*aimed at the yoke that robbed me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

So let me get this straight. If you are unfortunate enough to get your phone stolen, if you give the IMEI to your carrier, they can get the phone blocked?

If I was unlucky enough to get mine stolen, seeing I can't make it blow up in the scumbag's face, the next best thing would be to brick/block the phone so it can't ever be used on any network worldwide. Is that possible?

As far as I know it using the IMEI number to block the phone only works in Ireland, I would imagine if these guys have any sense at all they are robbing them to sell them to people who are exporting them. They are basically worthless then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

yeah it will only be blocked in ireland, sometimes though it doesn't get blocked on all networks

• Advertisement
Advertisement