Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawnguard: So, how was it for you?

• 15-07-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭

I am not sure if was worth the money, but I got two full days out of it.Just finished the main quest And its a fairly decent quest. Although alot of it seems to be wandering aimlessly got awful stuck once or twice, couldn't get out of areas for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

i thought it was pretty good even though tbh me and my character have no interest in vampires cos i am not a teenager

they do a lot of good work advancing the lore of the land with the falmer etc info and i am into dwemer stuff so loved the aetherium forge. There are some really nice meaty fights, and the twin dragons on the ice lake is definitely one of those wow moments for the game. Tho i am a bit disappointed that a thousands of year old vampire babe sounds like a cheerleader. Some of the locations are very well done as well, but the plot itself doesnt break any TES boundaries imo

i think for me this will occupy the same place as KOTN did in oblivion - not much replay value unless i play a character who wants some white armour or a fancy bow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Picked it up on the PC and i must say i like it. The quests feel better than the quests from the main game, kinda more involved.

Question on the dwemer artifact quest, i've found 2 of the parts but have heard no more, does yer one get back to me or do i have to go through all the dwemer ruins randomly?

Picked it up on the PC and i must say i like it. The quests feel better than the quests from the main game, kinda more involved.

Question on the dwemer artifact quest, i've found 2 of the parts but have heard no more, does yer one get back to me or do i have to go through all the dwemer ruins randomly?

once you have the quest activated in your journal, as far as i remember, it'll point you to each part as you go

I think you meet her at every stage so make sure she's there.. sometimes she might get stuck in to a random fight and you have to find her or wait for her to come back, that can be a pain in the arse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I was reading up, i think i you have to get the shards in a certain sequense, if you don't get them in that sequense it can get a bit wonky.

Also got hit by a gamestopper on beyond death, had to use setstage to move on the quest. Gotta love bethesda at times and their bugs.

yeah, i'm on the 360 so cant tinker with the console.. i reckon i've had to replay around 6 or 7 hours worth of heroic deeds due to game breaking bugs, i tend to save quite a lot

it's a big game so i suppose a lot can go tits up

• Advertisement
Advertisement