Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What position do you sleep in?

• 15-07-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Fetal position - On side, curled into ball
    Log position - On side, legs straight
    Yearner position - on side, legs straight, arms spread out.
    Soldier position - on back, legs straight, arms by side
    Starfish position - on back, legs and arms spread out
    Freefaller position - stomach down, face to the side.

Illustrated - http://jepoygreen.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/sleeping-positions.jpg?w=468&h=217

What position? 67 votes

Fetal
    0% 0 votes
    Log
    55% 37 votes
    Yearner
    17% 12 votes
    Soldier
    13% 9 votes
    Starfish
    5% 4 votes
    Freefaller
    7% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I don't know because I'm asleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The ' turn over 40 times during the night ' position .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Partially on my side/front.

One leg fully extended, other one drawn tightly against my chest.

Switch several times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭EireIceMan

spoons or missionary position for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Horizontal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Standing in the corner. Corner flag it's called, I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

It's pretty much exactly the recovery position, it's super comfy.
    Often wake up with a dead arm though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

On my face with my arms under my head. Soooo comfy.

mitosis wrote: »
    Standing in the corner. Corner flag it's called, I think.

Thought it was called "Blair Witch"?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

No option for doggy style :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Have to lie on my belly to get sleepy then at last minute I turn onto my side to avoid a dead arm

God I love sleeping so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭whendovescry

missionary, just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Neither Makikomi or Chuck Norris sleeps in case one sneaks up on the other!.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

upside down during the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I sleep in Yearner.

Bears like to cuddle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

A the moment with the heat, it's always one foot sticking out from under the duvet, and constant flipping of my pillows to find the cool side.

Lollers wrote: »
    A the moment with the heat, it's always one foot sticking out from under the duvet,

:(
    Monsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

All of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

A the moment with the heat, it's always one foot sticking out from under the duvet, and constant flipping of my pillows to find the cool side.

What heat?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

One arm under my pillow with my head leaning on it. 1 leg curled up.

I suppose its kind of like the recovery position. Kiiinda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

upside down from the rafters, like a bat.

What heat?.

Where I am it's around 13 degrees, that's, feet sticking outta the the bed weather, for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Fall asleep on my tummy with hand under pillow and one leg bent, I wake up on my back, side (fetal) or tummy. If im having a nightmare or in sleep paralysis I'm on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

I sleep upside down. That's why I can't be killed by conventional weapons.

Sierra 117 wrote: »
    I sleep upside down. That's why I can't be killed by conventional weapons.

i.e. pillows?

Sauve wrote: »
    :mad:
    That's sick.

No it isn't. Wait til you find out about scarification!

Fall asleep on my tummy with hand under pillow, I wake up on my back, side or tummy. If im having a nightmare or in sleep paralysis I'm on my back.

I used to get sleep paralysis as well, always used to wake up on my back too. I found wiggling my little toe would gradually bring me out if it. Horrible business altogether.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I sleep in the managerial position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

Alternate between starfish and the swastika... depending on clammy levels

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Burky126

Now and again i'm known to do the teleporter - Waking up in a different place from where I originally slept.

chin_grin wrote: »

true:

Warning: (Viewers discretion is advised, over 21's only) do not click if under 21.

http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a97230_g138_16-back.jpg

sleeping legend:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SiofSM9RZU8/SQRVwPyWl9I/AAAAAAAAAIE/BLUrblG_kic/s320/nicesleep.JPG

chin_grin wrote: »

I know what scarification is :confused:
    That doesn't bother me at all, I actually think the results can look quite cool :p

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Sauve wrote: »
    It's pretty much exactly the recovery position, it's super comfy.
    Often wake up with a dead arm though.

Oh yes, this is the one. Spoon the hubby for 5 mins then over into the recovery position. Wake up with pins and needles and a soggy dribbled-on pillow. Had to vote for freefaller as that was the closest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

I used to get sleep paralysis as well, always used to wake up on my back too. I found wiggling my little toe would gradually bring me out if it. Horrible business altogether.

Is it weird that i do try and induce sleep paralysis? Only managed it twice but thought is was really cool. Can see why people would be terrified, but if you go in with the right frame of mind it is not bad. Even enjoyable.

If you think of it as a bad thing it will end up being horrible experience. The complete lack of control/ability to move means there is no stimulus for the conscince mind. The mind will then start to make stuff up. Is kinda simular to 'Bloody Mary' thing that we have all tried as kids (which is basicly just the Troxler effect). You have to overcome your fears and whatever image that it trows at you though before you can enjoy just being there with no stimilus what so ever to distract you from your thoughts.

If you think of it as a bad thing it will end up being horrible experience. The complete lack of control/ability to move means there is no stimulus for the conscince mind. The mind will then start to make stuff up. Is kinda simular to 'Bloody Mary' thing that we have all tried as kids (which is basicly just the Troxler effect). You have to overcome your fears and whatever image that it trows at you though before you can enjoy just being there with no stimilus what so ever to distract you from your thoughts.

That's an interesting take on it, I would love to be able to have control over it but TBH I have never gotten over the sheer terror it induces. I have practiced some techniques with lucid dreaming and found them great, the vividness and intensity is fantastic, almost like a second life. Now if only I could make it happen with sleep paralysis. Ah well, I can but dream, lucidly :)

Is it weird that i do try and induce sleep paralysis? Only managed it twice but thought is was really cool. Can see why people would be terrified, but if you go in with the right frame of mind it is not bad. Even enjoyable.

Do not click on links before you ho to bed, leave them till the morning...... Have to turn my light on now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I have the worst mattress in the world. It's just springs with a sheet on it.

So anyway I can avoid them does me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Where's the upside down option?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I voted fetal 'cause that's the position I sleep in most of the time. I find sleeping on my stomach much more comfortable though, but I never know what to do with my arms!

I voted fetal 'cause that's the position I sleep in most of the time. I find sleeping on my stomach much more comfortable though, but I never know what to do with my arms!

Im the same!! I normally put them under my legs if that makes sense, but it looks like youre touching yourself! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I have the worst mattress in the world. It's just springs with a sheet on it.

So anyway I can avoid them does me :)

My word, how could anyone sleep on such a barbaric mattress...

I sleep in two different positions ...

On my own, i sleep on my right hand side, arms behind my pillow.

With somebody, on my back, with my left arm around her neck, with her cuddled up to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I spoon a pillow :o

My word, how could anyone sleep on such a barbaric mattress...

I sleep in two different positions ...

On my own, i sleep on my right hand side, arms behind my pillow.

With somebody, on my back, with my left arm around her neck, with her cuddled up to me....

Springs digging you in the ribs isnt fun....

Cuddles suck though....Id rather my pokey mattress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

I spoon a pillow :o

Have u ever tried being the small spoon with your pillow ?

That's an interesting take on it, I would love to be able to have control over it but TBH I have never gotten over the sheer terror it induces. I have practiced some techniques with lucid dreaming and found them great, the vividness and intensity is fantastic, almost like a second life. Now if only I could make it happen with sleep paralysis. Ah well, I can but dream, lucidly :)
    I lucid dream too, now and then. I fly as I can control the wind that makes me fly however if I have dreamed a dream more than once I know it and can change it.

Had a nightmare the other week after watching terminator 3, I remembered the dream, I changed it and something unexpected happened, the dream took a different direction I got scared really scared, I told my self I was scared and to wake up, wake up now and I did, I was on my back. I liked the dream but after I changed it the lights went out and Arnold or should I say the terminator, his location was unknown, he was supposed to go after the others I left behind but he was still after me.... I knew I was going to get killed again but in a much scarier way.

Sleep paralysis us worse as I dont always realise I'm dreaming I'm in the exact position in my bed in my room. It helps to have someone in bed with me, if the bed was shaking that hard they would have to feel.it too. I've realised that the bed does not shake but I can feel pulsing in my veins that makes it feel like the bed is shaking, I then can control my breathing and heart rate. I swear I should have died from a heart attack as the pulsing was all up my legs, arms, neck head and chest really really fast and hard.

Imagine how it would feel to be in a shaking bed and then imagine blood coursing through your body that hard... It's not a good feeling....

Lesson 1 don't sleep on my back.
    Lesson 2 don't watch or read scary stuff before bed.

Lesson 3 have someone in bed with me at all times

Lesson 4 if I haven't followed any of the above dont go to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I like sleeping on my side with one foot on my knee. If im on my right side, its my left foot to my right knee. And I sleep with my arms folded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

yknow it's funny, these past few years I've gone to sleep o my back and woke up on my back. No more schwetty tossing n turning, dunno what happened the turning bit..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Always on stomach

• Advertisement
Advertisement