Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What position do you sleep in?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Im the same!! I normally put them under my legs if that makes sense, but it looks like youre touching yourself! :p

I've tried that a few times, but my arms just get pins and needles! Same if I have them above my head, it's so annoying >.<
    Have u ever tried being the small spoon with your pillow ?

My brother does that, he says it's very comfy. Only works if your bed is up against a wall though really.

I love your avatar :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Lollers wrote: »
    That's an interesting take on it, I would love to be able to have control over it but TBH I have never gotten over the sheer terror it induces. I have practiced some techniques with lucid dreaming and found them great, the vividness and intensity is fantastic, almost like a second life. Now if only I could make it happen with sleep paralysis. Ah well, I can but dream, lucidly :)

hahaha lucid dreaming is what got me thinking about this in the first place. Been doing lucid dreaming techiques and dream journiling on and off for a while but never really gotten lucid in the proper sence. A few great dreams but nothing to write home about. So started trying sleep paralysis to see if it helps

ps: everyone goes into sleep paralysis ever night. It is what stops you moving in your dream state sleep. when you are dreaming that you are moving in your dream it stops your actual body moving. sleep paralysis is generaly taken to be when you are conscince of it though
    Do not click on links before you ho to bed, leave them till the morning...... Have to turn my light on now frown.gif
    oops. sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I've tried that a few times, but my arms just get pins and needles! Same if I have them above my head, it's so annoying >.<

have you tried one arm off the bed and the other out straight??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I spoon a pillow :o

Have u ever tried being the small spoon with your pillow ?

What's the point if it can't rub your belly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

What's the point if it can't rub your belly?

You need to use you're imagination ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

Lollers wrote: »
    I lucid dream too, now and then. I fly as I can control the wind that makes me fly however if I have dreamed a dream more than once I know it and can change it.

Had a nightmare the other week after watching terminator 3, I remembered the dream, I changed it and something unexpected happened, the dream took a different direction I got scared really scared, I told my self I was scared and to wake up, wake up now and I did, I was on my back. I liked the dream but after I changed it the lights went out and Arnold or should I say the terminator, his location was unknown, he was supposed to go after the others I left behind but he was still after me.... I knew I was going to get killed again but in a much scarier way.
    Ah yes as crazy cabbage said it depends on your frame of mind/ability to control it.
    Lucid dreaming can be absolute heaven, but in the wrong state of mind it can be absolute hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Sleep paralysis us worse as I dont always realise I'm dreaming I'm in the exact position in my bed in my room. It helps to have someone in bed with me, if the bed was shaking that hard they would have to feel.it too. I've realised that the bed does not shake but I can feel pulsing in my veins that makes it feel like the bed is shaking, I then can control my breathing and heart rate. I swear I should have died from a heart attack as the pulsing was all up my legs, arms, neck head and chest really really fast and hard.

I would have a few reality cheacks. If you aren't sure if you are dreaming or not try holding your nose and breading in though your nose. You should feel preasure in your lungs. If you dont then you are dreaming.

I have never gotting properly lucid though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

syndeyfife wrote: »
    have you tried one arm off the bed and the other out straight??
    No actually. I will have to attempt it tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

No actually. I will have to attempt it tonight!

Let me know how it goes!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I sleep in the recovery position, so kind of on my side, kind of on my tummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Missionary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

When going to sleep I normally go in for a cuddle with my legs curled up. I always sly off then to cool down and for my comfy position - the free faller, one hand under the pillow.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 250 ✭✭DuPLeX

I'm afraid to say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Bazgina

my knees in my face position wake up with a watch imprint on my tigh XD

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Fetal position - On side, curled into ball
    Log position - On side, legs straight
    Yearner position - on side, legs straight, arms spread out.
    Soldier position - on back, legs straight, arms by side
    Starfish position - on back, legs and arms spread out
    Freefaller position - stomach down, face to the side.

Illustrated - http://jepoygreen.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/sleeping-positions.jpg?w=468&h=217

you forgot doggy position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

I broke my right arm recently; almost impossible to find any sleeping position that suits it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

All of em, I change throughout the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

I can never sleep on my stomach because my cock is too big

Advertisement