Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap butchers/meat shop in the city centre

Options
  • 15-07-2012 8:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any shops where you might be able to buy meat cheap? I'm thinking of somewhere like a freezer store that might sell good quality meat frozen in bulk for cheap. Preferably fish and chicken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Peakin's on Leonard's corner always have special buys for chicken. And the Indoor market on Beaumont Road (close to the Beaumont House) is not too bad either

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I can recommend Carneys Butchers, Parnell Street.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Peakin's on Leonard's corner always have special buys for chicken. And the Indoor market on Beaumont Road (close to the Beaumont House) is not too bad either

Whats the story with the market? Is it open on weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

malin182 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the market? Is it open on weekends?

I presume he's talking about Beaumont Drive In. It's a shop rather than a farmers' market type place. As far as I know, it'd be open normal shopping hours Monday-Saturday.

Your best bet would be to have a search through the Health & Fitness and Nutrition & Diet forums because this has come up a load of times there before. There are definitely a good few factory outlets for meat around Dublin but the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Branagans in Ballycoolin. Not sure where you could get fish cheaply though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

For Fish, Taste of the sea in Dublin industrial estate beside Lidl, all fish cleaned and blast frozen, huge variety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

An Citeog wrote: »
    I presume he's talking about Beaumont Drive In. It's a shop rather than a farmers' market type place. As far as I know, it'd be open normal shopping hours Monday-Saturday.

Your best bet would be to have a search through the Health & Fitness and Nutrition & Diet forums because this has come up a load of times there before. There are definitely a good few factory outlets for meat around Dublin but the only one I can remember off the top of my head is Branagans in Ballycoolin. Not sure where you could get fish cheaply though.

That's the one, I just forgot the proper name...even if I live round the corner ;)

Anyway, some locals call it 'market', don't know why, it has not much of a market, but never mind, it's quite decent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

Dublin Meat Company do amazing deals - think their website is www.dublinmeatcompany.com They do delivery and their meat is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

nudger wrote: »
    For Fish, Taste of the sea in Dublin industrial estate beside Lidl, all fish cleaned and blast frozen, huge variety.

Taste of the sea seems really handy, I'm always at that Lidl store, cant believe I never noticed it before!

Advertisement