Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlackBerry - packet error

Options
  • 15-07-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope someone on here can help me, I have a BlackBerry and am with O2. For the past 2 days I can't send or receive Emails, can't access the internet at all. If I try to send emails it tells me *Packet error* and if I try to access the internet if tells me *Unable to connect to internet*!

Texts and calls are working fine.

Also, I have noticed that the writing next to the reception bars has changed from capital letters to lower case, ie EDGE to edge.

I have taken battery out, waited a while, put it back in and re-booted but it made no difference.

Whatapp isn't working either, it tells me I do not have enough coverage although I have full bars?

Any ideas? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Make sure you're signed up to the blackberry service on O2. If you are take the battery out for 2mins and pop it back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Yes, I've done all that and have the BB for 18 months now and never any problems like it?

So for blackberry services to work you need the signal in capitals. Go to network settings and make sure data services are enabled. Are you bill or pre pay. What device specifically do you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

BB Curve, pre pay, plenty of credit and add on purchased. Yes, I have checked the settings and all ok.

BB curve: 8520, 93xx?

Go to settings, advanced settings, service book.
    Delete all in here (provisioning won't delete)
    Then go back to host routing table and press menu and register your device

• Advertisement
Advertisement