Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent??

Options
  • 15-07-2012 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hello all,

I am hoping some folks can help me: I may have to move to Dublin within the year for work. I will need to be near St Stevens Green.

I don't know Dublin very well. Any sugestions for areas to rent and schools would be great :)

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

spacecat wrote: »
    Hello all,

I am hoping some folks can help me: I may have to move to Dublin within the year for work. I will need to be near St Stevens Green.

I don't know Dublin very well. Any sugestions for areas to rent and schools would be great :)

Many thanks

do you mean areas with primary schools? when you say near do you mean close enough to walk or cycle etc?

ranelagh or rathmines would be two but are best for flats and apartments, would probably be a bit expensive for a house...are you moving with a family?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Hey lolo62,

Yes, primary schools and it would be great if I could walk ie, to the school then on to work.

Yes, moving with family and pets,lol

I will check out the area's that you have mentioned. Many thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Dublin 8, Dublin 8 and Dublin 8!!

Have a look around the Coombe/Pimlico. You should find a nice enough house there plus you'd only be a short stroll away from the Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

well for walking distance, with schools and amenities for a family definitely rathmines, ranelagh or donnybrook

remember as well stephens green is on the luas line so you have all the options along that route too if you dont mind a short hop

if youre not familiar with dublin then particularly rathmines would be where i would recommend as its like a little town itself with shopping centre, sports grounds, parks, cinema, mc'd's, restaurants bars etc and very close to ranelagh, terenure, rathgar, rathfarnham

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Stephen's green is also on a number of cross city bus routes which opens up a lot of the northside and its lower rents as an option you could consider.

Your budget will probably decide where you choose.

• Advertisement
Advertisement