Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peace Commissioner

Options
  • 15-07-2012 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anybody know the location/contact details of a Peace Commissioner/Commissioner for oaths in cork city?

I know there is a few threads here on this but there a few years old.

Preferably a Peace Commissioner as I believe they are free? Just have to get one declaration signed.

Thanks,
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Take a walk along South Mall, take your pick, some are free, others have a small fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

aujopimur wrote: »
    Take a walk along South Mall, take your pick, some are free, others have a small fee.

Do you happen to know which ones are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I've never had anything signed for free, but whenever I have an Affidavit I call a mobile Commissioner for Oaths based in Cork (not sure exactly where he is based now)

He drives to my office or indeed house!, for 20 euro (i.e. 10 to sign and 10 for travel) tis fairly handy

www.commissionerforoaths.ie

Davie89 wrote: »
    Do you happen to know which ones are free?
    It depends on what it's for, most don't charge for family law or legal aid clients, you could ask at reception.
    I think there's one in each courthouse, as far as I know they don't charge as it's a public service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Just for future reference,

Barry's photographers next to the GPO still offer a peace commissioner service, free

There is also a peace commissioner above peter marks on winthrop street. I am not sure if he charges or not ( I think peace commissioners are free, and commissioner for oaths can charge 10 euro)

Anyways, this might help someone in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 geraldine d

same here, dont know where to go

Read post 5

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

I'm a Peace Commissioner in Cork.

PM me if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pottygoleor

Hello Sean ,

I am looking for a Peace Commissioner to sign a document for me ?

Are you available to sign it ? It is for the Department of Education .

If you can help , could you let me know your location and a suitable time to call to see you ?

Thank you ,
    Kind Regards ,
    Frances

Mod:don't post personal contact details on a thread

Hello Sean ,

Are you available to sign it ?

If you can help , could you let me know your location and a suitable time to call to see you ?

Thank you .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭myhandle

Hello Sean ,

Are you available to sign it ? It is for the Department of Education .

Thank you ,
    Kind Regards ,
    Frances

Mod:don't post personal contact details on a thread

How much per week does 'July Provision' pay? I assume the overall package is worth at least 500 euros over the summer worst case?

So why are there so many teachers who won't spend the small amount of money to have their form signed.

I worked with an agency involved in the process a number of years ago and heard of forms signed by people themselves (pretending? to be a peace commissioner with a vague figure of eight signature and no rubber stamp), or people who 'forgot' to sign, or people who had a priest or garda (not acceptable) witness their signature, those forms were rejected

according to page 8 of the form (here is the PDF)...

http://www.education.ie/en/Parents/Services/July-Provision/July-Provision-Home-Based-Application-Form.pdf

.... it says it can be signed by a number of people including a Commissioner for Oaths and Practicing Solicitor, both of which are easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

Yes please send me a PM and I'll let you know where my office is.

By the way your local garda station will have a full list of appointed Peace Commissioners.

I found someone thank you, the Garda station had no list just 2 people to send me to, they were both on holiday.

Advertisement