Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hamlets Award Ceremony

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Eathrin wrote: »
    And the winner is...Leaveiton!!

Delo.jpg

:L Brilliant!

And just in case anyone doesn't understand:

Really though, well done on all the (legit :P) awards everyone! :) Good to see some of the ones I voted for winning! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eathrin wrote: »
    Eh no, people in my house would think I was crazy if I started shouting and roaring right now:pac:
    You mean you've hidden it from them until now? 0_o
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    "TWO FINGERS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN ONE" :p
    *sigh*

Et tu, Patchy?!

Fecked if I'm ever shaking hands with any of the guys on this forum / from this year!! >.<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Thank you so much to Cian and Catherine who made this award ceremony memorable, fun and so enjoyable. And to Sergey for your truly magical sigs! Hats off to ye chums!

We've come a long way together since the start of these threads and I honestly believe most of us have made friendships with eachother that will continue long after we receive our results and are facing the big bad college world together.

Whether you're heading to Dublin, Galway, Maynooth, Cork, Limerick, England, Scotland, wherever we should all stay in contact and keep boardsing forever!

If ye guys are just a small selection of the people we'll meet in college over the next few years, I can safely say, we're all in for a hell of a good time!

Now, off to Billy Brennan's bar for a rave with our good friends Sylvia and Seamus who unfortunately have not been making any appearances lately. :P

Thanks Guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Thank you so much to Cian and Catherine who made this award ceremony memorable, fun and so enjoyable. And to Sergey for your truly magical sigs! Hats off to ye chums!

We've come a long way together since the start of these threads and I honestly believe most of us have made friendships with eachother that will continue long after we receive our results and are facing the big bad college world together.

Whether you're heading to Dublin, Galway, Maynooth, Cork, Limerick, England, Scotland, wherever we should all stay in contact and keep boardsing forever!

If ye guys are just a small selection of the people we'll meet in college over the next few years, I can safely say, we're all in for a hell of a good time!

Now, off to Billy Brennan's bar for a rave with our good friends Sylvia and Seamus who unfortunately have not been making any appearances lately. :P

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

:D:D:D:D:D

Quiet you.. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Thanks David! It wasn't easy:D. I think this thread has run it's course now, so we'll bring the ceremony to a close.

Thanks everyone for hanging around all night and showing your support.

Thanks to all the award winners for your wonderful speeches of acceptance.

Thanks to the mods for making this possible.

Thanks again to Subz3ro for the design of (most of:D) the awards and event logo.

And thanks to my co-host, Meowth, for making possible for what one could not do alone.

Goodnight Everybody!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Et tu, Patchy?!

Fecked if I'm ever shaking hands with any of the guys on this forum / from this year!! >.<
    That's vous to you! ;) Also, notice the quotations marks dammit!!! :eek:
    No wonder you only got 440 scripts. ;)

Party at Billy Brennan's!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

NNNOOOOO I won the Ophelia award and I never said "hey nonny nonny nonny!!" </3

:P

Okay, fair fecks to the hosts, and to Queeny and Subzy for all their work in preparing the awards! Epic awards ceremony! :D So are we off to Patchy's place now or what? *Raves* :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

So we've reached the conclusion of this amazing ceremony . . . :'(

Boardsie grad. . . congratulations we are all now boardsie adults and you shall carry on all the knowledge you've learned from this forum :P

I would repeat everything I said in my acceptance speech but
    a) limited myself to one emotional post, and I got far too emotional in the last one :P
    b) we'd be here all night :L

Just thank you :) You're the best guys, each and every single one of you :)

It's been an emotional rollercoaster tonight for all :') Thank you so much, it ran so smoothly because ye were all very patient and just being yourselves :) And you have no idea how scared I was about hosting :eek: Was gonna back out lads :pac: My wonderful co host calmed me down though . . . he is the ying to my yang. . . It was a pleasure hosting with him. Thanks for choosing us lads :) Best night ever :D Hope ye all had fun :)

I'll never forget ye :') Lets hope we can keep creating threads somewhere :')

Boardsie class of 2kaii12, we entered as members, we leave as a family :P (stolen from BL1993 :) )

Okay peace out from Meowth :) love ye all so much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

All the awards today were well deserved, congrats all!
    Let's invite Paddy Kavanagh to Billy Brennan's barn, eh PF, I think he's had enough!

If anyone wants their username on the awards sigs, do PM me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Goodnight lads :)

Goodnight sweet ladies, goodnight, goodnight :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Meowth wrote: »
    Boardsie class of 2kaii12, we entered as members, we leave as a family :P (stolen from BL1993 :)

I rely think a real life meet-up is in order some day! :)

Hmm, if the mods merge this thread with OT3 we'll be ine step closer to making it to OT4!

Agreed! :D Me and kitty were gonna meet up this week but alas we are procrastinators. :P Assuming all goes to plan I should see a lot of you in UCD though! :)

Hahaha I was thinking that too, so many pages in so little time :L

That's vous to you! ;)
    Not in Latin! Get your Shakespeare quotations / references right! :p
    Boardsie class of 2kaii12, we entered as members, we leave as a family :P (stolen from BL1993 :) )
    Not a bad way of putting it at all! :)

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Hmm, if the mods merge this thread with OT3 we'll be one step closer to making it to OT4!
    Nah, nice to keep it separate / searchable! :)

Not in Latin! Get your Shakespeare quotations / references right! :p
    My lord, its the same in French and Latin! Mind blown. :pac:

Though I doubt that aul Willy ever used such vulgar language as thou, meum amicus ;)

My lord, its the same in French and Latin! Mind blown. :pac:

Though I doubt that aul Willy ever used such vulgar language as thou, meum amicus ;)
    Philistine!

I AM SO UNCULTURED!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Yeah, so, ehm I dunno if I'm gonna post in the OT Thread again after this but....

Thanks every single person on the thread for helping me preserve my sanity! There were plenty of times over the year where IRL was making me tear me hair out and then to enter this world and have a laugh with all ye guys cheered me up no end :D

I can't wait to see how ye all get on after the LC, and I hope to god ye all get what ye want/need in this thing come September but the main thing is that for most of us it's over (and for the rest it isn't such a scary thing after all!).

The fb group was a fantastic idea! And it's good to put names to faces, we've known each other long enough now to come out from behind our usernames :)

Thanks in particular to M&S* (Luno) for great IRL bants all year :') and Bubbleope who helped me a lot through some personal stuff. And the kings of the thread Eathrin and Coeur who were always great for comic relief to cheer me up :D

Yeah, I've probably said too much but meh, this thread will probably be my outstanding memory when I think of the LC 20 years down the road, and for that I'm grateful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

So onto the next award.

We had numerous nominations for this one, as to be expected as we are all great craic. :)

Personally, I'd like to go to college with each and every one of you :) Boardsie college 2kaii12 :P How cool would that be ?! :)

I won't keep you in suspense a moment longer, the results are as follows . . .
    In 3rd place we have fizzyorange and PictureFrame and Eathrin
    In second place we have Meowth and Coeurdepirate

And the winner is . . .
    Bubbleope

Congratulations Bubbleope :) You're one of the nicest posters I know :) You're obviously very loved too :)
    Here is your lovely prize :)
    iSIUP40yicfPJ.jpg

It appears Bubbleope cannot be present tonight :( She must make a speech tomorrow on OT thread/here :) bualadh bos for Bubbleope please :)

WHAT IN THE NAME OF HELL!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I was NOT expecting that at all!! O: awwwhh legends. hehe
    it's so nice to come home to read something like that!! (x
    i hope to see ye at college!! :D
    i'm not one for speeches or anything so i'll just say thanks a billion everyone!! ♥ and i wish ye the best with the future and i hope ye get the points ye're aiming for! (': ( i hope we all do!! :pac: ) hehe ah thanks lads though. seriously. ye actually made my night!
    i'll cherish that award FO'EVARRRRRRR! ♥ ♥ ♥

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

Thats the best awadrs ceremony i've witnessed in a long time :p

Advertisement