Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hamlets Award Ceremony

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Thanks everyone and I hate to deprive you of my creative and witty and amazing speeches (Meowth ain't got nothin' on me), but I'm honestly way too lazy to think of anything to saw. But naww, I appreciate it <3

Yer sig is now longer than most of your posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Togepi wrote: »
    I have to go soon. :(

But parting is such sweet sorrow. </3 :P

NOOOOOOO. You MUST stay.. I'm staying until the awards are over (</3), gonna eat cereal and watch the 'devil wears prada'.. :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

ChemHickey wrote: »
    fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-male-or-female-b7e945.jpg

255374_3466873670449_2049881491_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Okay so this is my last turn announcing an award and what better one than Best Male Poster?! (Before I present this I just wanna thank you all, you've been a great audience :) )
    We had 6 nominations for this category; Eathrin, Patchy~, Coeurdepirate, Shefellover93, ChemHickey and Reznov. Each of those guys (We're not quite positive about Coeur :P ) has displayed qualities throughout the year which makes them worthy to be deemed the "Best Male Poster":)

Remember there are no losers here. Finality still <3's the male population. :P

Without further ado. . .

The results are as follows . . .

In third place is Shefellover93 and Coeurdepirate

In second place Eathrin

And the winner is . . .
    Patchy~

Here is your prize iUEnXEBhTtpzZ.jpg

Congratulations Patchy~ :) You've made over 2,000 posts in this forum and most of them have been quality :) You're a good friend of mine and I'm absolutely delighted for you :D Now make a great speech and try to leave out your big words :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Eathrin wrote: »
    In 2nd is RandyLonghorn, our favourite comedic mod, though his jokes be dirty, you can always be sure of a good Randy post (Why am I saying this, it’s directed at me half the time)
    Lol, thx again! :D

Well, you and Couer are born to be slagged!!

(That's an "L" for the poor of sight! :P)
    And the winner is(Once again) Couerdepirate!
    Thanks for setting up the 6th year OT and hanging around all year to invigorate the thread.

i08qVovQE6gXr.jpg
    Lol, try reducing them slightly and putting them side by side, you ***might*** have a better chance.

Sig pics, lad, before you start! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This post and award is to make a small token of our appreciation towards Subz3ro for his fantastic work in designing the awards!
    We felt it was only right to grant him this little thing.

So here you are Subz3ro, you have the honour of receiving Eathrin's 3rd attempt at graphicy stuff!

Congratulations, I guess:D

Subz3ro2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Cian's lack of artistic talent is probably the most fun part of the awards <3

Cian's lack of artistic talent is probably the most fun part of the awards <3

Ah now, I've been hosting and designing awards with no prior experience at the same time:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Surprised I got third, thanks! :D Patchy~ is a most deserving winner! Represented his squiggle with honour did our Patch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

:o:o:o

I remember when I kept getting nominated for this award I thought it was a joke or something :') I don't look at my posts and laugh or anything (naturally) and with so many runners up I really couldnt even decide who to vote for myself! I'm so surprised to win it and honoured that my posts are considered to be of a comparable calibre to such comedic genius as Cian, Coeur, reznov and everyone else who so often showed their funnier sides over the last three or four off-topic threads. :) :P

Also loving the Larkin image. My homeboy! :D

Awwwwwww you guys are just the best, I've had such a fun time posting over the last 2 years or so and had barely any posts before I found the "5th years!!" thread and I even remember being like "Yay, 500th post!" - oh the innocence of the days when Cian didn't finger his bum, when randy didn't PM me to arrange illicit activities...no, arranging illicit activities is pretty accurate! :P

I still don't know why you all voted for me, I'm always in stitches reading the thread and let it be said I was honestly crushed when I was away and missing 20 pages at a time!

I can't think of much else to say except thank you all so much :o Thank you Meowth also for giving me the award and Subzero for making the image, and to all of you for being top notch. :D

(Small enough words for ya Kitty?? :P)

• Advertisement

Well deserved! Congratulations Patchy! :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    :o:o:o

I remember when I kept getting nominated for this award I thought it was a joke or something :') I don't look at my posts and laugh or anything (naturally) and with so many runners up I really couldnt even decide who to vote for myself! I'm so surprised to win it and honoured that my posts are considered to be of a comparable calibre to such comedic genius as Cian, Coeur, reznov and everyone else who so often showed their funnier sides over the last three or four off-topic threads. :) :P

Also loving the Larkin image. My homeboy! :D

Awwwwwww you guys are just the best, I've had such a fun time posting over the last 2 years or so and had barely any posts before I found the "5th years!!" thread and I even remember being like "Yay, 500th post!" - oh the innocence of the days when Cian didn't finger his bum, when randy didn't PM me to arrange illicit activities...no, arranging illicit activities is pretty accurate! :P

I still don't know why you all voted for me, I'm always in stitches reading the thread and let it be said I was honestly crushed when I was away and missing 20 pages at a time!

I can't think of much else to say except thank you all so much :o Thank you Meowth also for giving me the award and Subzero for making the image, and to all of you for being top notch. :D

(Small enough words for ya Kitty?? :P)

Was hoping you'd include this in your speech :'(

Congratulations! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

This post and award is to make a small token of our appreciation towards Subz3ro for his fantastic work in designing the awards!
    We felt it was only right to grant him this little thing.

So here you are [SIZE="6"]Subz3ro[/SIZE], you have the honour of receiving Eathrin's 3rd attempt at graphicy stuff!

Congratulations, I guess:D

Subz3ro2.jpg

N'aww you had to make an Irish themed sig :')*
    *in case you dont know Im Russian so I prefer Bears and Vodka (well, maybe not vodka) to leprechauns.

I've been lurking in the LC forum more time than I've been posting, cos I thought I don't really fit into this community arriving so late (later half of 6th Year). But I've been wrong and you're all so nice and it's great that I was able to help you with the awards! My pleasure :)

OH GOD COEUR NO WHY :pac:

subz3r0 wrote: »
    N'aww you had to make an Irish themed sig :')*
    *in case you dont know Im Russian so I prefer Bears and Vodka (well, maybe not vodka) to leprechauns.

I've been lurking in the LC forum more time than I've been posting, cos I thought I don't really fit into this community arriving so late (later half of 6th Year). But I've been wrong and you're all so nice and it's great that I was able to help you with the awards! My pleasure :)

Thanks again Sergey, yes I'm aware of that (Little joke):pac:

Thanks again Sergey, yes I'm aware of that (Little joke):pac:

Oh I know that you know ya dawg, why else would it be in Irish? ;D

Gan a thuilleadh moille, an duais deireanach...

In 2nd place was actually Coeurdepirate, no joke, s(he) almost got 5 awards...tough luck baby, needs more boobs.

And the winner is....Togepi
    Togepi.png

Togepi, recently in the playpen, has me deprived of all my best material, however I’ll do my best to make this one as memorable as possible.

An ever present in the LC Off-Topic threads, Togepi really hit her stride later on in the year when she would eventually become a thread favourite among the regulars. She’s well known by us by now for her helpfulness, good humoured posts and her culchieisms. Togepi deserves this award for many many reasons. There are certain users on the forum wherein their absence noticeably effects the entire general vision and viewpoint of the thread; Togepi is one of them.

I think the forum as a whole feels that Togepi is undoubtedly the most suitable person for this award. Congratulations!!

il5C4HahaSl1j.jpg

In 2nd place was actually Coeurdepirate, no joke, s(he) almost got 5 awards...tough luck baby, needs more boobs.

And the winner is....Togepi
    Togepi.png

Togepi, recently in the playpen, has me deprived of all my best material, however I’ll do my best to make this one as memorable as possible.

An ever present in the LC Off-Topic threads, Togepi really hit her stride later on in the year when she would eventually become a thread favourite among the regulars. She’s well known by us by now for her helpfulness, good humoured posts and her culchieisms. Togepi deserves this award for many many reasons. There are certain users on the forum wherein their absence noticeably effects the entire general vision and viewpoint of the thread; Togepi is one of them.

I think the forum as a whole feels that Togepi is undoubtedly the most suitable person for this award. Congratulations!!

il5C4HahaSl1j.jpg
    Well done Togepi! You completely deserved this award!

Bravo Togepi!! :D

Well done Togepi! :D

I was actually second? :L
    -.-

• Advertisement

It would have been a bad day for humanity if Coeur won the female award >_<

Gratz Togepi!

Well done Togepi! :D

-.-

Yes you were closer to the best female than best male.
    Being fully serious:P

Well done Patchy~ and Togepi, well deserved! ;)
    -.-
    I think you need to go on another rant about having a penis, bbz, people just ... don't notice it! >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I am actually ridiculously tempted to just steal all of these awards for my own signature, not going to lie :P

EDIT: Just for the laugh, obviously! :P

leaveiton wrote: »
    I am actually ridiculously tempted to just steal all of these awards for my own signature, not going to lie :P

And the winner is...Leaveiton!!

Delo.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

And the winner is....[SIZE="6"]Togepi[/SIZE]
    Togepi.png

il5C4HahaSl1j.jpg

AAAAAHHH, AWARD!!

*Checks genitals*

Yup, I'm definitely female. On with the acceptance thingy!

derpina+tears+of+joy.JPG

Thank y'all so much for the award, you guyz! <3 Hard luck to Coeur of course, I'm not sure if he could fit any more awards in his sig though!

This is totes emosh, I don't think I should go down that road though, Meowth covered it fairly well and quite beautifully earlier. But I just have to say ye're all such legends, love ye lots! So many posters who make me laugh out loud or cheer me up if I'm in bad form, ye're so sound! Can we all go to college togetherz?? For the Boardsie craic! <3

And that general vision and viewpoint remark, n'awww!! <3

Um, I need to say as well that a load of us lassies (and Coeur...) were nominated for this post, so 'hon de wimminz we're obvs unreal like!

*Raises award to all de wimminz of da forum*

Merci! <3

*Walks away from the podium tripping over her dress and knocking over a few glasses and awards in the process*

Can we have a rousing cheer for all our winners, and especially for our two hard-working hosts and their vote-compiler behind the scenes?

applause_large.jpeg

Can we have a rousing cheer for all our winners, and especially for our two hard-working hosts and their vote-compiler behind the scenes?

Eh no, people in my house would think I was crazy if I started shouting and roaring right now:pac:

tumblr_m749e2hJ5K1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

• Advertisement

Eh no, people in my house would think I was crazy if I started shouting and roaring right now:pac:
    "TWO FINGERS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN ONE" :p

Advertisement