If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

av receiver / speakers suggestion

Options
  • 15-07-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I have a plasma and apple tv in my kitchen and want to add a amp/receiver to it with some speakers primarily for music but also to improve video playback.

Ideally I'd like it to have a digital in or hdmi capabilities but I really only want stereo sound at the minute [for now at least].

Any ideas?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

showimage.php?image=309900.jpg&max_width=300&max_height=260
    grimbo wrote: »
    I have a plasma and apple tv in my kitchen and want to add a amp/receiver to it with some speakers primarily for music but also to improve video playback.

Ideally I'd like it to have a digital in or hdmi capabilities but I really only want stereo sound at the minute [for now at least].

Any ideas?

Grimbo,

if you are looking for a quirky option and you don't need video switching I would have a look at the Teac A-H01 looks great so I have to include a pic!

This is a stereo amp with digital inputs and USB input so it would sound great with your iPod...

If you want to go a more conventional route - and add an AV receiver we dont have aything that operates in pure stereo but all our AV receivers will have a stereo mode - do you have any idea of budget and what type and how many speakers are you planning ?? If you revert with some budgets and constraints I'll give you some AV receiver options asap,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grimbo

Hi John,

that's a nice unit alright, very compact.

Connectivity wise it seems to fit the bill - with the optical in. I'm only really interested in stereo to be honest. Mostly for music and beefing up the inbuilt tv speakers.

Is that amp powerful enough to drive some reasonable speakers.

Looking to spend ~500.

Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi John,

that's a nice unit alright, very compact.

Connectivity wise it seems to fit the bill - with the optical in. I'm only really interested in stereo to be honest. Mostly for music and beefing up the inbuilt tv speakers.

Is that amp powerful enough to drive some reasonable speakers.

Looking to spend ~500.

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The output on the amp is 25W per channel, not bad like. What are you thinking speaker wise? We do a good selection of book shelf speakers which I'd recommend with this amp.

Check out these Cambridge Audio speakers:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/cambridge-audio/s20/camb-s20-blk

Let me know what you think.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I was thinking more along the lines of:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-bx2/moni-audio-bx2-oak

so I'm concerned that the amp wouldn't do them justice?

someone mentioned the denon ceol - any thoughts?

or I guess get a straightforward stereo amp and use a digital->rca adapter.

graham

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Chris,

I was thinking more along the lines of:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/bookshelf-speakers/monitor-audio/bronze-bx2/moni-audio-bx2-oak

so I'm concerned that the amp wouldn't do them justice?

someone mentioned the denon ceol - any thoughts?

or I guess get a straightforward stereo amp and use a digital->rca adapter.

graham

Graham,

the Teac A-H01 would actually work really well with the BX2 - if you wanted a system price we can do the two together for the combined price of £349.95.

On the second option - using a digital > RCA convertor - I really would not consider this as an alternative unless you were using a high quality unit as most budget convertors really degrade the quality whilst the A-H01 does a good job of this and it's an inbuilt feature on the amp as standard.

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

That seems like a fair deal - can I go with that with the speakers in their Oak finish please?

cheers,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi John,

That seems like a fair deal - can I go with that with the speakers in their Oak finish please?

cheers,
    Graham

Hi Graham,

That's a lovely system. :)

Course you can. If you'd like to give us a shout on 0044 333 900 0071 we can pop an order up on our system for you. Or if you'd like to drop me a PM with your contact details I can call you? :)

I've don't have the Teac in stock at the moment. It could be another week before we can get it in. I'll check and see if there is anyway we can get it earlier.

Got the speakers here so all we need is the amp. :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.