Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did they change the mayonnaise in Lidl!?

Options
  • 15-07-2012 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

It was the most awesome mayonnaise I have ever tasted, why was it changed? Can I still get my hands on some from somewhere? I don't even remember the name of it!
    Does anyone else know what I'm on about!? I never got to say goodbye and I'm not over that mayonnaise!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

Jaybopper wrote: »
    It was the most awesome mayonnaise I have ever tasted, why was it changed? Can I still get my hands on some from somewhere? I don't even remember the name of it!
    Does anyone else know what I'm on about!? I never got to say goodbye and I'm not over that mayonnaise!

Never get attached to a product in Aldi/Lidl they might change in a blink of a eye .
    Aldi used to do great BBQ sausage range but no more.
    Aldi used to do great noodles in a box but no more Lidl got a similar product but not as good .
    Lidl used to do a great lime marmalade but it was replaced.

Thing is what is there new mayonnaise like better/worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I find it happens with all the shops/brands. I used to love Buitoni's 4 cheese ravioli, then they stopped selling it. Couple of years later found Dunnes branded pastas and they had a 4 cheese ravioli that was lovely(light blue packaging) then after a couple of months of me buyign it they stopped doing it as far as I can see . They still have the other pastas, just not the 4 cheese ravioli. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Jaybopper

sher55 wrote: »
    Never get attached to a product in Aldi/Lidl they might change in a blink of a eye .
    Aldi used to do great BBQ sausage range but no more.
    Aldi used to do great noodles in a box but no more Lidl got a similar product but not as good .
    Lidl used to do a great lime marmalade but it was replaced.

Thing is what is there new mayonnaise like better/worse?

No! The new one isn't very nice at all! :(

Look around in other Lidl shops around you they might still have stock .
    If so buy some and put it in the freezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I don't think (fairly certain) you can freeze mayonnaise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

sher55 wrote: »
    Look around in other Lidl shops around you they might still have stock .
    If so buy some and put it in the freezer.

I thought you couldn't freeze mayonnaise as it would split.
    But if you can freeze it, make sure you take it out of the glass jars as glass will shatter if frozen.

I thought you couldn't freeze mayonnaise as it would split.
    But if you can freeze it, make sure you take it out of the glass jars as glass will shatter if frozen.

I was thinking of the plastic squeeze bottles...:)
    best u get a plastic container to transfer that mayonnaise into.
    Glass breaks:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You can't freeze mayonnaise - it separates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Brokentime

Do Lidl still do the big lasagna in the green/red packaging? Big as a shoebox. Used to love them.

efb wrote: »
    You can't freeze mayonnaise - it separates

O well 2 bad the op will have to hunt around for a new mayonnaise:(

But you learn something everyday:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Try other shops "own brand" mayo - usually if a company is making it for one company, it make a very similar one for another.

Tesco own brand is quite nice and quite different to Hellmans - good tangy flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Not a Consumer Issue - moved to Food & Drink

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lidl used to do the most divine egg mayonnaise and then they changed it and it's horrible now:(

The Dunnes mayo is good OP - tastes the exact same I think as Hellmans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Lidl used to do great coleslaw but then they changed it, now its crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

The Aldi mayonnaise is very good, defiantly on a par with hellmans so maybe worth checking out

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

is it the vita d'or brand you are refering too? In the squeezy bottle? because This is great mayo, and they have only changed the bottle shape and now is in a clear bottle,just checked,same ingriedents,lovely mayo better than hellmans.:)

Advertisement