Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite powder highlighter?

• 15-07-2012 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I love the look of m.a.c's mineralize skinfinish in soft and gentle but I'm not so sure about spending the money on it yet.Anyone have any favourite light shimmery highlight powders?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

bluugirl wrote: »
    I love the look of m.a.c's mineralize skinfinish in soft and gentle but I'm not so sure about spending the money on it yet.Anyone have any favourite light shimmery highlight powders?

The Soap & Glory highlighter is gorgeous!

glow-all-out.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Having researched it more I'm thinking I will defo buy this looks so pretty! Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Alanerin218

Favorites:

The Balm - Mary LouManizer
    Mac - Soft and Gentle MSF
    Dior - Amber Diamond
    Mac - Pro Longwear Eyeshadow in Carefree
    (Its a HUGE eyeshadow and works great as a Highlight)
    NARS - Albatross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I have the MAC beauty powder in Snow Globe and like it a lot for highlighting - it was limited edition though. I think eyeshadows can work just as well tbh, as long as you use a light hand. Virgin from the UD Naked palette is a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭cocokay

i love kevyn aucoin the celestial powder in candlelight its fab & lasts literally for years! you only need a little its lovely whether you are fair or dark skinned. its about 40 euros tho. hard to get in ireland but i got mine from mise beauty, it was out of stock for ages so i emailed them, the girl kept me one when they came back in stock and i just rang and paid with my laser card. love it, use it as a base eyeshadow as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for The Balm, love this product!

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=49362130

Think i'll try the balm one actually, the packaging looks a bit sturdier! I'll have to get it off feelunique.com as I've never seen the balm in galway before?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A Wear stocks it. Not sure of every store though, maybe call you nearest and see?

Not sure if Awear stock theBalm anymore actually - the last time I was in the one on Henry Street the stand was gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

I ordered Candy Floss by W7 from Cara Pharmacy (here : https://www.carapharmacy.com/p/w7_candy_floss_brightening_face_powder ) and I really like it :)

I'm not sure where else sells W7 products though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I really like the highlighter that comes with the sleek contour kit, comes with bronzer and hightlighter :) and +1 for eyeshadows as highlighter, i like MAC shroom or phloof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Last time I was in AWear Grafton St I think they still had a stand for The Balm downstairs!

PlayGirl wrote: »
    I ordered Candy Floss by W7 from Cara Pharmacy (here : https://www.carapharmacy.com/p/w7_candy_floss_brightening_face_powder ) and I really like it :)

Wow thats so cheap! I'll have to try it 5 stars on amazon too!

Wow thats so cheap! I'll have to try it 5 stars on amazon too!

I also bought their bronzer, Honolulu, complete rip off of benefits hoola! Love it and also only €3!

If anyone knows where in Dublin CC to get W7 makeup it would be great :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

benefit moonbeam(i know its not powder but its a great highlighter one of the best out there,although miss sporty have a cheaper version of it and its like exactly the same as it),my favourite powder would be benefit georgia its just fantastic and peachy - the perfect blusher..

I also bought their bronzer, Honolulu, complete rip off of benefits hoola! Love it and also only €3!

If anyone knows where in Dublin CC to get W7 makeup it would be great :)
    There's a shop in the Ilac centre that sells w7. I can't remember it's name though, sorry!

There's a shop in the Ilac centre that sells w7. I can't remember it's name though, sorry!

I think I saw that one actually, across from McDonalds? I noticed they had W7 nailpolishes but didnt check for anything else! Thanks :)

Yep that's it! They definitely had some blushes, mascara and other w7 stuff when I was in there last. They're not all together though; the make-up was on shelves beside the till iirc.

Does it come out pinkish though? because some people call it highlighter and others call it blush?

Does it come out pinkish though? because some people call it highlighter and others call it blush?

I dont find it pink at all.. Its pretty much sheer IMO, just leaves a lovely shimmer. Used it on my cheeks and nose, prefer it to Benefit High Beam tbh, same effect but less hassle cause its a powder :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement