Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help setting up home network

Options
  • 15-07-2012 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

right, so heres what i want to do and i want to know if im missing anything here.

1. main internet connection
    this is my upc router with dhcp on and wifi off (the wifi is crap on it)
    the ip is 10.0.0.1
    the dns is upc default

2. main wifi router
    this is another brand router with wifi on and dhcp off
    the ip is 10.0.0.2
    the dns is upc default
    the gateway is 10.0.0.1
    router #1 is connected into the wan part on this one

3. second wifi router
    this is another brand router with wifi on and dhcp off
    the ip is 10.0.0.3
    the dns is set to unblock-us dns servers
    the gateway is 10.0.0.1
    the router #1 is connected into the wan part of this one

so, this is what i want to be able to do:

id like to be able to connect any device wired to router #1 and use the internet as normal.
    id like to be able to connect any device wired or wireless to router #2 and use the internet as normal.
    id like to be able to connect any device wired or wireless to router #3 and use the internet with the unblock-us settnigs.

id like all devices on my home network to be able to connect to each other, no matter which router they are connected to.

am i missing anything here? this should all work ok for me the way i want it to?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Almost the same setup I use then. The main router is put in the DMZ of the Thomson router I have. The second Wifi router connects to the main router by client bridge mode Wifi. Make sure RIP is turned on on the wifi routers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i plan to have #2 and #3 connected by cable to #1, they are all pretty much next to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i have a cable running from router #1 lan port into the router #2 wan port. i cannot connect to router #2 through the web browser interface. when i plug the cable intp router #2 lan port, i can connect through the web browser interface.

im not really sure what im doing wrong here?

Advertisement