Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i got fired!!! still have good reference??

Options
  • 15-07-2012 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hiya so I got fired a couple of days ago, but they still said that they had no problem in giving me a reference ect.. said that they'd write me out one and send it out with my p45.and the forms saying why i got fired.
    basically they made a bigger situation than what it and made me feel like crap. got fired cos i didnt tell an age appropriate story to the kids and one of the parents complained saying their children cant sleep.. the story their saying i said, i actually didnt tell and i dont know where they got it and i said it but since i still wasnt telling age appropriate stories i still got fired now im rethinking my career..
    I told social welfare i got let go cos the place was over staffed? (it kinda is and i think this was just an excuse to fire me) do they check it out? otherwise i wont get paid for 9 weeks?? what do i do now? can i still get a job in the same profession since i got fired?
    Thanks everyone x

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

if they agreed to write you a reference you are fine,if they refused youre not,so they cut you some slack,you still have plenty of work exps ahead of you,dont go into why you were fired from your job in an interview room though..avoid that like the plague say you were let go as you informed them you wanted to try something new etc..

Advertisement