Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO, HELP

• 15-07-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys, while I was on holiday I trusted my parents to fill up my cao and they did it wrong, i have 6 courses in but i want to remove one of them, do ye think theres any chance they could just remove one of the courses??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

mocksssss wrote: »
    Hi guys, while I was on holiday I trusted my parents to fill up my cao and they did it wrong, i have 6 courses in but i want to remove one of them, do ye think theres any chance they could just remove one of the courses??

What position is the one you want to remove in? If its at the end it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

They probably won't this far after the closing date, ringing them would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mocksssss

Its second last on my list and its a huge possibility i could end up doing it if i cant get it removed, my parents may have literally wasted a year of my life cos if i get it i wont do it..

Its second last on my list and its a huge possibility i could end up doing it if i cant get it removed, my parents may have literally wasted a year of my life cos if i get it i wont do it..

If you did remove it, then in the situation you're thinking of, you'd be offered the one you currently have down as last. Would you do that course? The reason I'm asking is that if you're concerned about not getting the first few on the list, they won't be affected by this one being down at second last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

You could have filled it in yourself remotely from abroad...
    Part of growing up is taking responsibility. A bit late of change of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 mocksssss

Yes, if I was home myself or had internet access the second last choice would not have been included, I would love to do the course I have down last.

Yes, if I was home myself or had internet access the second last choice would not have been included, I would love to do the course I have down last.

The only thing you can do is ring them I suppose and try to explain your case.

Unfortunately people make mistakes on their CAO all the time. Its annoying, but you never know, if you end up getting it and taking a year out to reapply next year it might work out better than you think if you can work/travel etc. There's also the possibility that you don't get the points for this course and get the last one anyway, or you could get one of the other 4.

Advertisement