Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vocal and Guitar Loopers

Options
  • 15-07-2012 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Am looking for a vocal & guitar loop pedal.

I want to overdub live with both vocals (and percussion through a mic)
    and guitars.

Have been looking at Akai Headrush E2, Boss VE 20 and TC Helicon gear.

I like the sound of the Akai but as am a technophobe I would like something you just plug straight into PA or amp, ie not through a mixing desk.

Any thoughts/advice would be welcome.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 niallmurph

A loop pedal cannot clarify this conundrum. As the Sphinx once said, "you must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums".

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarahholly

Em Thanks Niall Murph, your wisdom surely surpasses all fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

I use the Boss RC20XL. Works a charm, plugs straight into the amp. I'm not familiar with the others you've mentioned though.

Here's a decent enough review I found on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

It would help if you were a bit more specific about what it is you want to do. What type of songs, how many different loops, what connections to it (you mention voice and guitar) etc. .

I have the Akai headrush pedal and it's a great bit of fun. I picked up it for £65 second hand mint condition. Some good video's of it on Youtube, but as with most the loop time is fairly limited, but with some imagination good results can be gotten.

KT Tunstall has a good overview video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dycuZbWWUI&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm also in the market for a looper, my local music shop has both the Boss RC3 and the RC30 (and the RC300, but that's way above my means), and I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was really worth paying the extra 80ish euro for the RC30? I can't really see the extra functions, apart from there obviously being another footswitch.

I will only be using electric guitar and bass, no vocals or drums, maybe keyboard. Will be used exclusively for jamming and such, no gigs or recording.

• Advertisement

I'm also in the market for a looper, my local music shop has both the Boss RC3 and the RC30 (and the RC300, but that's way above my means), and I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was really worth paying the extra 80ish euro for the RC30? I can't really see the extra functions, apart from there obviously being another footswitch.

I will only be using electric guitar and bass, no vocals or drums, maybe keyboard. Will be used exclusively for jamming and such, no gigs or recording.

I havent used the Boss versions, so can't comment..

But thats a variety of planned instruments..Are you solo or with others? If jamming with others then you may end up needing mixers or A/B switches etc. to loop all those instruments into a single pedal.. Worth bearing in mind if cost is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Welease wrote: »
    I havent used the Boss versions, so can't comment..

But thats a variety of planned instruments..Are you solo or with others? If jamming with others then you may end up needing mixers or A/B switches etc. to loop all those instruments into a single pedal.. Worth bearing in mind if cost is an issue.

Solo! If it's hassle, I definitely won't bother with the keyboard. I was hoping that since there are two inputs into the RC-3, it wouldn't be much trouble to stick a bass in at the same time as the guitar. I think it's something I definitely want, so I might as well get one and find out.

Solo! If it's hassle, I definitely won't bother with the keyboard. I was hoping that since there are two inputs into the RC-3, it wouldn't be much trouble to stick a bass in at the same time as the guitar. I think it's something I definitely want, so I might as well get one and find out.

Solo it wont be an issue, as you have to stop and swap instruments anyway :).. It was just more complicated if you were all trying to utilise the looper at the same time..

I have a ton of gear here, and the looper was one of the best bits of equipment i have.. its fun when at home alone.. defo worth the purchase.. stick some nice basic rhythm on it, and solo away all night long :)

Advertisement