Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice Versas return?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Oh my GOD!! It better be true!!
    I loved these, and always wished they would come back.
    Was only explaining to someone last week what they were.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

No way were they still around in 2005? :eek: Haven't seen them since I was a kid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No way were they still around in 2005? :eek: Haven't seen them since I was a kid.

Agreed, I haven't seen them since primary school. I'd be over the moon if they came back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I know. Seems wrong to me. I feel it was long before that that they disappeared... maybe they were available for longer in the UK?

Aye +1 on the not being around for a lot longer than 2005.
    I remember we used to get them when bringing my baby brother for a walk, that'd be early 1990s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Never had those before. Sound tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My fierce letter writing campaign has worked! hooray!

phasers wrote: »
    My fierce letter writing campaign has worked! hooray!
    We are in your debt! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

It seems they're already out in some shops in the UK:D

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vice-versas-back-2-share-bags-3-asda-1263932

Road trip up to Asda anyone? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Got a bag in Superquinn earlier on in the week. They are quite nice, the white chocolate is near identical to milkybar and the milk chocolate isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

They are half price in dunnes at the min, noticed the bag felt very small.. 126g

I just bought 4 bags in Asda on my way home from the UK :D. Still lovely, but of course not as nice as I remember. My main complaints are the small bags and the shell is a bit too crispy.

Faith wrote: »
    I just bought 4 bags in Asda on my way home from the UK :D

Leave some for the rest of us! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Snoddy

Dunnes Stores have them in stock ..

Snoddy wrote: »
    Dunnes Stores have them in stock ..

Which Dunnes if you don't mind me asking?

I saw Cutie said Dunnes had them but her location is Cork (I'm in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Not as nice as they use to be........Then I have found that Nestle choc recently has really changed for the worse.

Got 2 bags in Dunnes in Douglas Court (Cork)

Got them in Dunnes in Newbridge, Kildare.

Very very disappointed :(

They're fatter than they used to be and the shell is far too crispy (possibly too thick). They don't taste that nice either to be honest.

They used to be like Minstrels, with the same thin crisp shell. I felt like I was eating egg shells almost (the thickness and over crunch of them).

Was genuinely excited (before I tried them) but tbh I don't think I'd buy them again.

star-pants wrote: »
    Got them in Dunnes in Newbridge, Kildare.

Very very disappointed :(

They're fatter than they used to be and the shell is far too crispy (possibly too thick). They don't taste that nice either to be honest.

They used to be like Minstrels, with the same thin crisp shell. I felt like I was eating egg shells almost (the thickness and over crunch of them).

Was genuinely excited (before I tried them) but tbh I don't think I'd buy them again.

Yeah I've still got a bag sitting on the counter that I can't be bothered to eat. And I'm NEVER not bothered eating chocolate!

FOUND THEM!!!

Got two bags just in case, though I'm not a fan of nestle choc so my hopes weren't high. Choc is ok, but, as has been said the shell is weird. It's like glass. :confused: Why didn't they do them like smarties shells. It's surely just a case of making giant smarties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

Oh no!! This thread made me happy... and then so sad toward the end!! Hahaha

I remind people of these all the time. I LOVED these.

I was dying to get a bag but now i'm apprehensive. But who am I kiddin!? I'll be straight out to buy a bag ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

I was so excited to see these in Superquinn, that I decided to make marbled chocolate brownies in their honour.

I remember them to be as nice as Minstrels, I was so disappointed when I opened the bag and was greeted by a decidedly dull brown sweet. I was even more disappointed upon tasting it. They taste like cheap chocolate, the shell is too hard, and overall it's just too sweet.

Back to Minstrels for me....

Galaxy+Minstrels1.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Bobsammy

I got these today as well and I'm very disappointed! They don't taste at all like I remember and the shell is definitely too crispy!

Advertisement