Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to get certified ID?

Options
  • 15-07-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how would you get a certified ID, just bring your passport to a local Garda station? And what would happen then? Because it says not to send originals.

Also does bank of Ireland currently use visa debit cards? And do you have to go into your local branch to fill out a form to receive one? Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi RobitTV,

Thanks for your query. If you need to get certified copies of any documents, just bring the originals into your local branch and they can take care of it for you there. Alternatively, you can have photocopies of the original documents certified by your accountant or solicitor. Just make sure you bring them both the original and the copy.

We are currently in the process of issuing out Visa Debit cards to all of our Laser card holders at the moment. If you currently have a Laser, it will automatically be replaced by a Visa Debit. We are expecting all Lasers to be replaced by the end of September.

If it is a new account you're opening:
    New standard current account holders will be issued with Visa Debit cards. 2nd level students and 3rd level students under 18 who would like a Visa Debit card will be required to have consent from a parent/guardian when the account is opened.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Hi RobitTV,

Thanks for your query. If you need to get certified copies of any documents, just bring the originals into your local branch and they can take care of it for you there. Alternatively, you can have photocopies of the original documents certified by your accountant or solicitor. Just make sure you bring them both the original and the copy.

We are currently in the process of issuing out Visa Debit cards to all of our Laser card holders at the moment. If you currently have a Laser, it will automatically be replaced by a Visa Debit. We are expecting all Lasers to be replaced by the end of September.

If it is a new account you're opening:

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Pat

Thanks for the info :)

Also its a new account opening I filled out the firms online and printed them off it said you can post the forms and ID off, but I didn't know you can go in branch and do it which would be much easier for me, so I just bring in those forms I printed and the two copies of ID? I'll be going into the branch and doing it now. Thanks for the info very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kerstin

Hello there,

I want to close my account and I have been told I only needed to send a letter. However, I am told now that I need to send in certified ID. Since I am abroad, how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Best, 

Kerstin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

kerstin wrote: »
    Hello there,

I want to close my account and I have been told I only needed to send a letter. However, I am told now that I need to send in certified ID. Since I am abroad, how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Best, 

Kerstin
    Hi kerstin, 

Thanks for your post.

You can request documents such as photo Id to be certified by staff of other financial institutions, police, solicitors and embassy staff.

I hope this helps, 

Janette

Advertisement