Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Talent - Academy - August 22nd

Options
  • 15-07-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭

[Over 14s, doors 7pm.]

I almost missed this, didn't see the announcement when they posted it!

Can't wait, it's going to be amazing seeing them in such a small venue :D and only six weeks away too!

Anyone else going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Saw them in the Olympia last time. They were amazing. Looking forward to seeing them again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got a ticket the other day. Hate the singing, but will be grand. Should be noted its over 14s gig.

Hate the singing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Mushy wrote: »
    Got a ticket the other day. Hate the singing, but will be grand. Should be noted its over 14s gig.

I know Ben can be a bit a bit yelp-y, but they wouldn't be Billy Talent without his voice! That's your opinion though, fair enough :)
    Oh yeah, I'll add that to my OP.
    neddynono wrote: »
    Saw them in the Olympia last time. They were amazing. Looking forward to seeing them again

Yeah, I saw them in the Olympia too. I really hate the Olympia as a venue, so I'm excited about seeing them in Academy. Weird that they got downgraded so much though. Unless it's a warm-up show for Reading/Leeds?

neddynono wrote: »
    Hate the singing?

Sorry yeah, hate the noise that he makes. I didn't really like them, saw them in June and the songs were grand but by god the lad was dreadful. Be very different headlining in the Academy to supporting Metallica anyway.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I saw them in the Olympia too. I really hate the Olympia as a venue, so I'm excited about seeing them in Academy. Weird that they got downgraded so much though. Unless it's a warm-up show for Reading/Leeds?

It is a warm up show, but I dont think they big enough for Olympia.

It is a warm up show, but I dont think they big enough for Olympia.

They sold out the Olympia last time. And the Ambassador the time before that...

Their popularity has dwindled a lot since then. Didnt they go away for a few years?

If anything I thought they got bigger. The we're the last band on before Metallicas headline slot at rock am ring. And watching them on the tv the crowd was loving it.
    I'm not a fan of the Olympia for rock gigs but billy talent were great there.

As for his singing, I love it. No complaints about their live performance having seen them 3 times.

They are massive in Germany. Punk based based always are, the size of the crowds for offspring and dropkick murphys was nits.

• Advertisement

Time is a Thief are the support for Billy Talent. Well happy with that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Time is a Thief are the support for Billy Talent. Well happy with that.

Hopefully gonna catch TIAT at Indie . Dont no if i can handle 3 gigs in a row since ill only becoming back from Foo's that day and ill have Kasabian the following day . Seen Talent at Rock Im Park in 09 and agree they seem to be massive in germany since they were on before Limp Bizkit

I'm going to Foos as well but coming home straight after it. Then this the next day. Have to move house that week so can't do a 3-in-a-row though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone any idea of the time Billy Talent will be on at?

Doors are at 7 it seems, but I won't be able to make it in till around half 8 I reckon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Anorexemon

Anyone any idea of the time Billy Talent will be on at?

Doors are at 7 it seems, but I won't be able to make it in till around half 8 I reckon...

According to The Academy website, headlining acts go on at 9PM. (This is what USUALLY happens, 90% of the time).

Anorexemon wrote: »
    According to The Academy website, headlining acts go on at 9PM. (This is what USUALLY happens, 90% of the time).

Yeah, it's usually 9. I think there's only one support act tomorrow though, so that might make it earlier... MCD might post stage times on Twitter, they often do.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

Have tickets for this,used to love billy talent but i'm afraid i'm going to look a bit older and hairier than a lot of people there this time round

euddue wrote: »
    Have tickets for this,used to love billy talent but i'm afraid i'm going to look a bit older and hairier than a lot of people there this time round

Ah, BT tend to attract older crowds than other bands in that genre, you'll probably be grand. I've been to a few gigs where I was the tallest person and one of the oldest there (and I'm only 20!) but Billy Talent was not one of them :D

Feck, i've only realised now that the date is wrong in the thread title. I knew it was tonight, but I obviously hit the wrong button when I created the thread.

IT'S TONIGHT guys, the 22nd, hope my thread hasn't confused anyone!!!!!!!

They're on at 9, according to Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've updated the thread title now.

• Advertisement

Malice wrote: »
    I've updated the thread title now.

Thanks! :)
    Wow, I'm unobservant. Can't believe I only noticed that now.

That was a very good gig, enjoyed the songs and everyone was really into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ugh.Im.Clashing

This was one of the best gigs I've ever attended. Wow!! Delighted to get to meet Ben and Aaron afterwards, they really are so sound!

Still on a post-gig high now :D:D:D

Brilliant show last night! Enjoyed it way more than the last one (but that may be down to the fact that I love the Academy as a venue). Great setlist too, even if they did take Prisoners of Today and The Ex off it.

I also met Ben & Aaron afterwards :D

Advertisement