Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clothes For 14 YO daughter

• 15-07-2012 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

This is for a friend. She is 14 i dont no what to buy her but i want her to look 14 (so an older child) but not wearing clothes for 16.17 yo olds she is still a kid IMO

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Did you try H&M ?
    Penny's?
    New Look ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My lady is 12 almost 13, i buy her clothes from next, hollister, sport shops, a/wear and new look. TBH she doesn't have a kids body anymore, im not going to dress her like a 10 year old. She wears mostly jeans and tops bought from adults section of the stores and well as tracksuits for running and exercise. She has a few dresses, she is off to a wedding at the end of July and i pick up a nice dress in no name, it comes to her knees and isn't too grown up, i must admit some dresses are tiny, you just have to look through them before you can find something suitable. sometimes you have to try a few shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Can be quite hard OP. Work out with her what she likes; H+M has okay stuff in sizes 6 and 8 in the adult section. Forever 21 does skinny jeans in lots of colours...I tend to find New Look very hit and miss (for 12year old) and sometimes the fabric is a bit tacky..

Stuff llike plain hoodies you'll get online easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,614 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

My kids live in Penny's- and I envy you,if you can buy for a 14 year old.
    I haven't bought clothes for my teens ever!

Remember at this age,they don't want to look the same as their friends,but they don't want to be different either!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Vera moda does nice shorts and an Abercrombie hoodie is a must.

Penneys is great for quick fashion fixes and especially when they are still growing.

Loads of leggings and converse are also a must!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My daughter's 13th is next month, she wants clothes from Hollisters sister company gilly hicks...

Not badly priced as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

H&M are fab all round, you could get a whole outfit for a reasonable price.

My 13 year old sister usually wears dark coloured skinny jeans (wine, dark green or navy in colour) with a neutral coloured long tank top (usually cream) with a neutral coloured long cardigan and a nice scarf.

In Summer, she'll wear pumps and in Winter, she wears Uggs/ankle boots. Can't go wrong if you buy something essential like jeans or a cardigan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

HI OP - I have a son not a daughter so I am no expert. But from my experience you should consider taking her out to shop once day, at the places above, so that she can chose what she wants and at the same time you can influence her to stay sober about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Forever21 is great, my 15 yr old shops there all the time. The clothes are fashionable without being too adult looking and are good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

You can't go wrong with Penneys for a teenager, my 14 year old lives there!! Her entire wardrobe is made up of jeans, hoodies, t-shirts, vest tops! She's a size 8 in adult sizes as opposed to being in kids clothes but she still wears the 26" jeans in Dunnes in the kids section. We don't have a H&M unfortunately but I've bought stuff there out of town and it's great quality and reasonably priced too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement