Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's a "new" customer?

• 16-07-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭

Let me briefly explain.

I'm currently in the final two months of my rent agreement. Come the middle of September I'll be moving to a different property.

Just have a few questions regarding UPC that I would greatly appreciate the boards help if only to avoid having to explain it to their customer care.

UPC is split between 3 tenants at the moment but I'll be living alone in my new place.

Firstly I'm not sure should I cancel or negotiate a downgrade?
    Currently on FIBRE POWER ULTIMATE with SPORTS & MOVIES - ideally my new UPC package would FIBRE POWER MAX with just SPORTS and no phone. How negotiable are UPC? Does customer loyalty exist? Been with them on current package for two years now.

I'm not sure do I want to go down the negotiation road though.

Another train of thought I have is simply to just cancel my current contract with UPC when my rent lease is up and pay a final bill.
    *How do I cancel my current deal?
    *Notice required?
    *Am I penalised? (On current package more than 12 months)
    *Will I simply be issued with a final bill?

Assuming I successfully cancel my current deal - can I sign up again in a few weeks as a new customer at my new place and avail of any new customer promotions available at that time or is there a cooling off period as such?

Apologies if this appears muddled but I'm not sure should I (a) transfer and negotiate my current package to my new address or (b) cancel current deal and look to sign up as a new customer after a certain period of time at my new address?

All info/opinion offered greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The do a free house move so you be better off transfering which avoids any install fee etc, and then just downgrade your pack to the one that suits, you may have to pay a downgrade fee though but would be cheaper then paying a install fee as new customer

Advertisement