Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scottish league

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The irony is strong in this one.

Non stop calling us Scotland's Shame but when a disgraceful episode from your own club is brought up it's 'pathetic'.

Constant denial it's pathetic ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

One would say they... have their head in the sand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Wow, Rangers fans on here have become absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Not surprising that you feel that way :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm on my own in that view, the reputation of the club formerly known as Rangers is dirt in the eyes of the whole of European football. It's sack cloth and ashes for Scotland's Shame.

Ah yes Scotland's shame while Rangefs may have cheated there's only one club can take that title and it's not Rangers or are you another one in denial
    I'm very dissappinted and surprised you would use child abuse in a cheap attempt at point scoring, I always had you down as a decent and sound bloke but after seeing you use the unimaginable pain and suffering of children as a weapon because someone had the cheek to say your mighty gers decade of cheating was shamefull has shown you up badly. Enjoy the backslapping from your buddy jelle, classy lads

Same old ****.

You lot have absolutely no problems with calling us Scotland's Shame, but when the tables are turned it's a disgrace from us ?

And don't pretend that BBE just mentioned it because someone said Rangers cheated, therealpigiron was showing his usual hatred for Rangers again and can't take it when someone hits back.

It's only points scoring when we say something it seems, but all's fair when it's Celtic fans talking about Rangers :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Same old ****.

You lot have absolutely no problems with calling us Scotland's Shame, but when the tables are turned it's a disgrace from us ?

And don't pretend that BBE just mentioned it because someone said Rangers cheated, therealpigiron was showing his usual hatred for Rangers again and can't take it when someone hits back.

It's only points scoring when we say something it seems, but all's fair when it's Celtic fans talking about Rangers :rolleyes:

Yeah you really hit back and turned the tables there bringing up a child abuse case from over 30s ago. That has everything to do with Rangers cheating the Scottish game.

It seems Rangers fans on here have had enough truths. It looks like the final stand, maybe now they've realised that their Rangers are no more and how they shamefully went bust. Sadly for them, all their upmanship lines of child abuse and fenians won't bring The Rangers back. It's Sevco till they die.

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Not surprising that you feel that way :rolleyes:

I don't think I'm on my own in that view, the reputation of the club formerly known as Rangers is dirt in the eyes of the whole of European football. It's sack cloth and ashes for Scotland's Shame.

Ah yes Scotland's shame while Rangefs may have cheated there's only one club can take that title and it's not Rangers or are you another one in denial
    I'm very dissappinted and surprised you would use child abuse in a cheap attempt at point scoring, I always had you down as a decent and sound bloke but after seeing you use the unimaginable pain and suffering of children as a weapon because someone had the cheek to say your mighty gers decade of cheating was shamefull has shown you up badly. Enjoy the backslapping from your buddy jelle, classy lads

Get off your high horse I have said many times on here if people use the term Scotland's shame in relation to my club I will always point out the real Scotland's shame

If people cannot or will not post about the things Rangers are accused of without resorting to slurs then do not expect me to sit back and accept it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Get off your high horse I have said many times on here if people use the term Scotland's shame in relation to my club I will always point out the real Scotland's shame

If people cannot or will not post about the things Rangers are accused of without resorting to slurs then do not expect me to sit back and accept it.

In my view you would be better served putting your energy into building a new club rather than wasting your time trying to defend a dead one. The club you supported are dead and disgraced, it's time to move on don't you think. But hey that's your lookout.

In my view you would be better served putting your energy into building a new club rather than wasting your time trying to defend a dead one. The club you supported are dead and disgraced, it's time to move on don't you think. But hey that's your lookout.

Yeah it's so dead the authorities want to take trophys off it before letting the licence be transferred to let us play football Note the licence transferred its a big point

Yeah it's so dead the authorities want to take trophys off it before letting the licence be transferred to let us play football Note the licence transferred its a big point

The former club is dead, the new one should have no trophies at all to it's name.

Ye have a choice of two options as far as I can see; 1. It's year zero starting from div 3 with no strings attached, or 2. It's sack cloth and ashes and starting under a cloud for the newcoRangers.

Which do you think is the best option?

• Advertisement

The former club is dead, the new one should have no trophies at all to it's name.

Ye have a choice of two options as far as I can see; 1. It's year zero starting from div 3 with no strings attached, or 2. It's sack cloth and ashes and starting under a cloud for the newcoRangers.

Which do you think is the best option?

I think you will find that 99.9% will be happy to start with if not all then most of our history

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Ye have a choice of two options as far as I can see; 1. It's year zero starting from div 3 with no strings attached

But you see, this is not an option - the SPL simply will not allow this, as it means they can't shake us down for some extra pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

But Rangers FC is gone, it does not exist anymore, it was liquidated like many other failed businesses, some of the assets of the now failed club were sold off and bought by Sevco 5088 which is owned by Green.

That is a reality, whats the saying? You cant buy history? When the club died the history went with it. Of course Rangers FC will always have its histroy, but the team owned by Charles Green is not Rangers FC.

All the old Rangers fans can do now is hope to build a new history with the new club they support

kryogen wrote: »
    But Rangers FC is gone, it does not exist anymore, it was liquidated like many other failed businesses, some of the assets of the now failed club were sold off and bought by Sevco 5088 which is owned by Green.

That is a reality, whats the saying? You cant buy history? When the club died the history went with it. Of course Rangers FC will always have its histroy, but the team owned by Charles Green is not Rangers FC.

All the old Rangers fans can do now is hope to build a new history with the new club they support

But wait! That's not all!

"New Rangers" the one without any history, are currently being punished, and held to ransom for crimes that were allegedly committed prior to their existence!
    Have the SPL found the key to time travel?!

Or is this an admission that a football club is slightly more than a simple Ltd Company or PLC?

Wrong the company died not the club this has been confirmed by the SFA transferring the licence not I repeat not handing out a new licence.
    If its a new club they cannot keep punishing us

Note the was in this sentence
    Rangers Football Club was a football club based in Glasgow, who played in the Scottish Premier League until the end of the 2011-12 season.

I have plenty of points to make on this one if you wish to go further but it will have to wait till after the racing :)

Just so we have no misunderstanding either, I don't like Celtic. I didn't like Rangers.

Note the was in this sentence

I have plenty of points to make on this one if you wish to go further but it will have to wait till after the racing :)

Just so we have no misunderstanding either, I don't like Celtic. I didn't like Rangers.

And where did you get that

Rangers is still in administration, it has not been liquidated yet.

Dempsey wrote: »
    Rangers is still in administration, it has not been liquidated yet.

If you want to be pedantic about it you should say Rangers is currently in liquidation, not administration, and this is supposed to be completed over the next couple of weeks.

They entered the liquidation process on the 14th June 2012. At the time it was projected to take 6-8 weeks to complete the dissolution of the club.

• Advertisement

If you want to be pedantic about it you should say Rangers is currently in liquidation, not administration, and this is supposed to be completed over the next couple of weeks.

They entered the liquidation process on the 14th June 2012. At the time it was projected to take 6-8 weeks to complete the dissolution of the club.

Duff & Phelps are running Rangers and are doing so in a capacity of adminstrators. When the intention to liquidate was announced they said they they need 10+ weeks before they could hand the club over to liquidators. When BDO take control of the club, then they will be in liquidation and then the fun starts with the BTC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Eirebear wrote: »
    But wait! That's not all!

"New Rangers" the one without any history, are currently being punished, and held to ransom for crimes that were allegedly committed prior to their existence!
    Have the SPL found the key to time travel?!

Or is this an admission that a football club is slightly more than a simple Ltd Company or PLC?

But are Rangers newco not looking for a transfer of the old membership of the old team? Why aren't they applying for a new one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I think what BBE is going on about it, and I'm just going out on a limb here, is a club who has covered up systematic child abuse in it's youth ranks.

But that's just my guess.

Yes it's a shameful and disgraceful epsiode, but to use it as a point scoring exercise is disgusting but i expect no better from you tbh, thought more of bbe but maybe i shouldnt be too surpised really. A cornered rat and all that... pathetic, lashing out at all and sundry

I think what BBE is going on about it, and I'm just going out on a limb here, is a club who has covered up systematic child abuse in it's youth ranks.

But that's just my guess.

Yes it's a shameful and disgraceful epsiode, but to use it as a point scoring exercise is disgusting but i expect no better from you tbh, thought more of bbe but maybe i shouldnt be too surpised really. A cornered rat and all that... pathetic, lashing out at all and sundry

Once again just for you I am not using it as a point scoring exercise in the debate currently running.
    I using it against being called Scotland's Shame two totally different things

Once again just for you I am not using it as a point scoring exercise in the debate currently running.
    I using it against being called Scotland's Shame two totally different things

You brought it into this thread as sly cheap dig, i am welll aware what you are refrerring to, doesnt take from the disgrace many of your fans have brought on the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

BBE's club was called "Scotlands Shame" by a supporter of another ghastly establishment. I think he has every right to point out the hypocrisies of the other posters that label his club an embarrassment to scotland.

The only point scoring i am seeing are people who are pretending to be offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

BBE's club was called "Scotlands Shame" by a supporter of another ghastly establishment. I think he has every right to point out the hypocrisies of the other posters that label his club an embarrassment to scotland.

The only point scoring i am seeing are people who are pretending to be offended.
    I see why you might think that Richard but the same lads have used the child abuse card before when Celtic fans were mocking rangers fans about having jelly and ice cream to celebrate rangers going bust. This is their trump card to play whenever they cant handle things going their way. It's the cheapest of cheap shots. Jelle in particular seems to get a kick out of bringing it up but am very surprised by bbe.

I see why you might think that Richard but the same lads have used the child abuse card before when Celtic fans were mocking rangers fans about having jelly and ice cream to celebrate rangers going bust. This is their trump card to play whenever they cant handle things going their way. It's the cheapest of cheap shots. Jelle in particular seems to get a kick out of bringing it up but am very surprised by bbe.

See, i can see why you might think that Bob.

However, in the last few weeks we have seen newspaper "articles" tarring all Rangers supporters with tags similar to "Scotland's Shame" citing the murder of a young boy in the 90's as an example of what all Rangers supporters are like.
    We were ALL tarred as bigots, because the club once had an alleged signing policy which discriminated against Roman Catholics. Hell, posters on here have even taken that a step further in the past, suggesting that we still discriminate against anyone Irish.
    The point was made, time and time again, on this very forum - that Rangers supporters should not be allowed to forget certain things which happened in our past.

Maybe BBE had just had enough of seeing this sweeping generalisation and propaganda put down as fact around here?
    Why should Celtic be allowed to forget what happened within their club?
    All shady accusations aside, it happened, children in the care of Celtic Football Club were let down, horribly, by those charged with their care.

I agree that it should never be used in a point scoring situation, but the same goes for murder if you ask me.
    Stop being a hypocrite and stick to one moral, or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I dont care about other occasions. In this case a celtic fan called another club "Scotlands shame" and the other poster was fully correct to point out the hypocrisy of what he said. No celtic fan is in a position to call Rangers "Scotlands shame" and now that Rangers dont exist anymore, i would imagine celtic fans would want that phrase to go away quickly because theres only one contender for it.

SantryRed wrote: »
    But are Rangers newco not looking for a transfer of the old membership of the old team? Why aren't they applying for a new one?

They are trying to transfer Rangers membership because they do not satisfy the criteria for a new membership request. i.e. 3 years of audited accounts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I dont care about other occasions. In this case a celtic fan called another club "Scotlands shame" and the other poster was fully correct to point out the hypocrisy of what he said. No celtic fan is in a position to call Rangers "Scotlands shame" and now that Rangers dont exist anymore, i would imagine celtic fans would want that phrase to go away quickly because theres only one contender for it.

img1526mp.jpg

• Advertisement

See, i can see why you might think that Bob.

However, in the last few weeks we have seen newspaper "articles" tarring all Rangers supporters with tags similar to "Scotland's Shame" citing the murder of a young boy in the 90's as an example of what all Rangers supporters are like.
    We were ALL tarred as bigots, because the club once had an alleged signing policy which discriminated against Roman Catholics. Hell, posters on here have even taken that a step further in the past, suggesting that we still discriminate against anyone Irish.
    The point was made, time and time again, on this very forum - that Rangers supporters should not be allowed to forget certain things which happened in our past.

Maybe BBE had just had enough of seeing this sweeping generalisation and propaganda put down as fact around here?
    Why should Celtic be allowed to forget what happened within their club?
    All shady accusations aside, it happened, children in the care of Celtic Football Club were let down, horribly, by those charged with their care.

I agree that it should never be used in a point scoring situation, but the same goes for murder if you ask me.
    Stop being a hypocrite and stick to one moral, or the other.

Shouldnt be used? But ye keep on bringing it up an and no one here has attempted to link your fans to that murder. It was one op-ed piece iirc

You do know where the phrase originated? It wasnt just made up by some poster. Club might be gone but their fans are still going to be around,

Rangers will always be Scotland's Shame whether they are still in business or defunct.

EDIT: This is BBE EB left himself logged in

QUOTE=Coillte_Bhoy;79856503]You brought it into this thread as sly cheap dig, i am welll aware what you are refrerring to, doesnt take from the disgrace many of your fans have brought on the game[/QUOTE]

I never brought it into this thread as a sly dig I made it clear from the start what I was referring to and that was the term "SCOTLAND'S SHAME"

I have never brought it up other than in the relation to the term "Scotland's Shame" anything else is wrong.

Tell me this should people not be informed what went on should it be swept under the carpet as it was years ago IMO no it shouldn't child abuse is disgusting and I have no sympathy for those involved at any level.

But I have never used it as a sly dig or as an open insult it is to much of a hurtful subject but when people go on about us as bigots,murderers and Scotlands shame I will remind people of what went on and what was covered up I will not apologise for that

EDIT: And the above post is typical of the people I will continue to remind of their clubs history

I think you will find that 99.9% will be happy to start with if not all then most of our history

Well if you want to keep your history of past trophies then you will have to take the punishment accruing to the oldco, re stripping of titles during the years of financial doping. If you want to start a new club with no strings attached, but with no history good or bad, that is your other option.

It's one or the other.

If you try to have it both ways, then you will also keep the moniker of Scotland's Shame.

It's your future you decide.

But you see, this is not an option - the SPL simply will not allow this, as it means they can't shake us down for some extra pennies.

Of course it is an option, there's nothing to stop those involved in forming the Newcorangers taking control of their own destiny.

Well if you want to keep your history of past trophies then you will have to take the punishment accruing to the oldco, re stripping of titles during the years of financial doping. If you want to start a new club with no strings attached, but with no history good or bad, that is your other option.

It's one or the other.

If you try to have it both ways, then you will also keep the moniker of Scotland's Shame.

It's your future you decide.

No we don't need to keep a name Celtic fans decided to call us especially when their own club undoubtedly has that distinction how you can seriously think that what a section of our support or the club itself is guilty of compares in anyway with the vile happenings that went on at your then you have serious problems but hey it seems to be the way

Jelle in particular seems to get a kick out of bringing it up but am very surprised by bbe.

I'm not 'getting a kick out of it', but like BBE I've had enough of these holier than thou Celtic fans on here constantly calling Rangers 'Scotland's Shame'.

But when a disgraceful episode from your own club's past is brought up then all of a sudden it's bad to talk about it :rolleyes:
    Or even better, 'you can't use that as a point scoring exercise'.

Because non-stop bringing up the signing policy in the past wasn't trying to score points obviously.

Shouldnt be used? But ye keep on bringing it up an and no one here has attempted to link your fans to that murder. It was one op-ed piece iirc

I keep bringing it up? Doubt it.

And yes, posters on here have indeed used it as a stick to beat Rangers with.
    I used the Independant piece simply as the most recent example, especially since it was so vehemently defended by some of those who are now "offended" by this recent mention from BBE.

No we don't need to keep a name Celtic fans decided to call us especially when their own club undoubtedly has that distinction how you can seriously think that what a section of our support or the club itself is guilty of compares in anyway with the vile happenings that went on at your then you have serious problems but hey it seems to be the way

It's up to you and the rest of what makes up the potential Newcorangers.

If you try to have it both ways, then you will continue to be "Scotland's Shame", because it is the Oldcorangers that has brought shame and ignominy to the reputation of football in Scotland.

It's entirely up to yourselves, I don't really care what ye do. For your own sakes I hope ye learn to move on, and take advantage of the opportunities of a new beginning.

As far as I'm concerned, the Old Rangers are dead. Cheerio, it's been emotional.

• Advertisement

It's up to you and the rest of what makes up the potential Newcorangers.

If you try to have it both ways, then you will continue to be "Scotland's Shame", because it is the Oldcorangers that has brought shame and ignominy to the reputation of football in Scotland.

It's entirely up to yourselves, I don't really care what ye do. For your own sakes I hope ye learn to move on, and take advantage of the opportunities of a new beginning.

As far as I'm concerned, the Old Rangers are dead. Cheerio, it's been emotional.

Your obsession with us shows otherwise.

Scotlands Shame refers to the disgraceful behaviour of your fans over many years at home and abroad, their sectarian and bgoted singing and chanting. Are you trying to suggest that celtic fans had any hand act or part in what went on in the bys club? Ridiculous and pathetic comparison to try and make.

Scotlands Shame refers to the disgraceful behaviour of your fans over many years at home and abroad, their sectarian and bgoted singing and chanting. Are you trying to suggest that celtic fans had any hand act or part in what went on in the bys club? Ridiculous and pathetic comparison to try and make.

Your fellow fans seem to think it's because of the current situation.

Maybe you should put your heads together and come out with a final reason, because now you just sound like 'Naw, it's because of this or that' and in a few weeks it'll be something else.

As for singing, I think we've covered that already.

Your obsession with us shows otherwise.

Any obsession that may have been there is waning, don't be deluding yourself.

Are you looking forward to your first league game this season, v Elgin City is it?

Any obsession that may have been there is waning, don't be deluding yourself.

Are you looking forward to your first league game this season, v Elgin City is it?

They are still looking forward to getting into Division 3, never mind playing football again!

They are still looking forward to getting into Division 3, never mind playing football again!

Let them look forward to that. Though when you hear McCoist and his utter misunderstanding of the necessity to take stripping of titles onboard, you'd wonder will they ever get it.

Celtic's got their own fish to fry, time to move on for Celtic and the rest of Scottish football.

Let them look forward to that, though when you hear McCoist and his utter misunderstanding of the necessity to take stripping of titles onboard, you'd wonder will they ever get it.

Celtic's got their own fish to fry, time to move on for Celtic and the rest of Scottish football.

You could show Ally McCoist all the evidence and he still wouldnt accept it.

How this whole saga concludes and its aftermath (i.e. the changes that get implemented afterwards) affects Celtic so Rangers/Sevco fans calling us obsessed is the definition of stupid.

Let them look forward to that, though when you hear McCoist and his utter misunderstanding of the necessity to take stripping of titles onboard, you'd wonder will they ever get it.

You could show Ally McCoist all the evidence and he still wouldnt accept it.

How this whole saga concludes and its aftermath (i.e. the changes that get implemented afterwards) affects Celtic so Rangers/Sevco fans calling us obsessed is the definition of stupid.

Yet if you are not obsessed you all seem to be filling up threads regarding us or posting about us in any thread you can ;)

Yet if you are not obsessed you all seem to be filling up threads regarding us or posting about us in any thread you can ;)

As I said before, I'm far more concerned about whats happening with Scottish Football as a whole and not just what happens your pathetic little club.

And who's "us" exactly, is it Rangers or Sevco?

• Advertisement

As I said before, I'm far more concerned about whats happening with Scottish Football as a whole and not just what happens your pathetic little club.

And who's "us" exactly, is it Rangers or Sevco?
    That pathetic club you just can't stop posting about lol

Advertisement