Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scottish league

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That pathetic club you just can't stop posting about lol

If it was Hearts being done for over a decade of cheating, I'd be talking about that just as much because what happened and how it is dealt with affect my club. Surely you have the brain capacity to understand that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

I dont care about other occasions. In this case a celtic fan called another club "Scotlands shame" and the other poster was fully correct to point out the hypocrisy of what he said. No celtic fan is in a position to call Rangers "Scotlands shame" and now that Rangers dont exist anymore, i would imagine celtic fans would want that phrase to go away quickly because theres only one contender for it.

Firstly I hate the phrase Scotlands Shame, it was a general term coined to describe Scotlands sectarian problem but predictably got hijacked by Rangers/Celtic fans and the media.

the big difference is that Rangers were labelled scotlands shame due to their fans infamous behaviour, celtic have been labelled scotlands shame due to the rotten and horrific treatment of children by some members of Celtic football club.

Celtic fans cant reasonably be held accountable for the actions of these men, nor should they carry the 'shame' of these men.

For the second bolded part I think we should remember that the phrase scotlands shame originated from a mogwai song about scotlands sectarian violence and intolerance towards immigrants. Im not sure why you think this is exclusive to football fans who follow celtic cos im pretty sure its ingrained at every level of scottish society.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Dempsey wrote: »
    That pathetic club you just can't stop posting about lol

If it was Hearts being done for over a decade of cheating, I'd be talking about that just as much because what happened and how it is dealt with affect my club. Surely you have the brain capacity to understand that.

Off course you care about all the other clubs and would be concerned with there welfare The problem is you couldn't give a dam about other clubs and to had Hearts as an example just shows of gullible you believe people to be
    But you keep posting it certainly makes the day more enjoyable
    I am going to sleep now busy day tomorrow so I will wish you goodnight

I thought this was a thread about the SPL?

Any chance the Rantic fanboys could take their love-in someplace else? ;)

Off course you care about all the other clubs and would be concerned with there welfare The problem is you couldn't give a dam about other clubs and to had Hearts as an example just shows of gullible you believe people to be

Go to bed because you are talking shíte and you didnt read what I said properly. Seems I have to rephrase things several times these days for ye to grasp what is being said.

• Advertisement

Any chance the Rantic fanboys could take their love-in someplace else? ;)

Thread title says Scottish league not the SPL, there are lower divisions of professional football in Scotland :eek: :rolleyes:

Any chance the also Rans/tic fanboys could take their love-in someplace else? ;)

fixed that for you :)
    back on topic, the next few years will be massive for the SPL, the break up of the old firm will either make or break it.

Basing an entire league around one fixture was a recipe for disaster so change was needed and unfortunately for Rangers it was them who messed up first, the rest of the SPL need to grab this one off chance by both hands because Rangers will be back in some form and if they havent closed the gap by then we will be back to square one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What made you think that?

bobmalooka wrote: »
    fixed that for you :)
    back on topic, the next few years will be massive for the SPL, the break up of the old firm will either make or break it.

Basing an entire league around one fixture was a recipe for disaster so change was needed and unfortunately for Rangers it was them who messed up first, the rest of the SPL need to grab this one off chance by both hands because Rangers will be back in some form and if they havent closed the gap by then we will be back to square one.

If we arrive back at "square one", it will be because the SFA & SPL will have engineered it and learned nothing from this situation. I cant see it happening with the mood of the average Scottish Football supporter though, if that scenario looks likely, most will have tuned out altogether and be spending their money on something more worthwhile than sports entertainment.

Go to bed because you are talking shíte and you didnt read what I said properly. Seems I have to rephrase things several times these days for ye to grasp what is being said.
    No most of the time I can sift through the crap you post but on this case your right I am glad you say if it was hearts that were cheating you would want to know how it would affect your club. Of course you are right to be concerned as it looks as though the SPL is struggling to pay there bills be awful to see it implode

• Advertisement

If we arrive back at "square one", it will be because the SFA & SPL will have engineered it and learned nothing from this situation. I cant see it happening with the mood of the average Scottish Football supporter though, if that scenario looks likely, most will have tuned out altogether and be spending their money on something more worthwhile than sports entertainment.

absolutely but the problem is they are trying to get us back to square1 ASAP. The resistance of the SFL to their shenanigans might just have saved the day but it'll be years untill we see the benefit of their decision and in the mean time when the poorer run SPL teams are in financial difficulty the SFA/SPL and whoever owns Ibrox at the time will do their best to get us back to the 2 horse race. Hopefully there is enough people with the foresight at the time to say no to cop out decision, everyone will benefit long term if they do.

I dont care about other occasions. In this case a celtic fan called another club "Scotlands shame" and the other poster was fully correct to point out the hypocrisy of what he said. No celtic fan is in a position to call Rangers "Scotlands shame" and now that Rangers dont exist anymore, i would imagine celtic fans would want that phrase to go away quickly because theres only one contender for it.

Firstly I hate the phrase Scotlands Shame, it was a general term coined to describe Scotlands sectarian problem but predictably got hijacked by Rangers/Celtic fans and the media.

the big difference is that Rangers were labelled scotlands shame due to their fans infamous behaviour, celtic have been labelled scotlands shame due to the rotten and horrific treatment of children by some members of Celtic football club.

Celtic fans cant reasonably be held accountable for the actions of these men, nor should they carry the 'shame' of these men.

For the second bolded part I think we should remember that the phrase scotlands shame originated from a mogwai song about scotlands sectarian violence and intolerance towards immigrants. Im not sure why you think this is exclusive to football fans who follow celtic cos im pretty sure its ingrained at every level of scottish society.

Wondered how long it would be before Scotland's intolerance to immigrants came up I find that really pathetic considering the intolerance to immigrants we have in our own country really people in glass houses

As for Celtic fans being held accountable a lot can't but those who continually deny what fully happened and try to take some sort of moral high ground then I have to say that they are below contempt

Wondered how long it would be before Scotland's intolerance to immigrants came up I find that really pathetic considering the intolerance to immigrants we have in our own country really people in glass houses

As for Celtic fans being held accountable a lot can't but those who continually deny what fully happened and try to take some sort of moral high ground then I have to say that they are below contempt

thats what the song is about, I think you just see keywords and your brain has an automated defensive reaction at this stage. Let me clarify the original coining of the phrase had nothing to do with Rangers/Celtic it was a musicians general observation of Scottish society.

Who denies what happened?? bringing it up to deflect from cheating is below contempt bringing it up to insinuate the jelly and ice cream stuff was a celebration of pedophiles was below contempt, it only looks like high ground from where you are.

If you have a problem with someone calling ye scotlands shame by all means prove them wrong

I'd put what you and jelle said in the same category as when people blame rangers fans for the ibrox disaster or liverpool fans for hillsborough. Celtic fans did not cause the child abuse to happen and they do not have to carry any of the shame for what happened. Insisting otherwise because your angry is as cheap as it gets.

thats what the song is about, I think you just see keywords and your brain has an automated defensive reaction at this stage. Let me clarify the original coining of the phrase had nothing to do with Rangers/Celtic it was a musicians general observation of Scottish society.

Who denies what happened?? bringing it up to deflect from cheating is below contempt bringing it up to insinuate the jelly and ice cream stuff was a celebration of pedophiles was below contempt, it only looks like high ground from where you are.

If you have a problem with someone calling ye scotlands shame by all means prove them wrong

I'd put what you and jelle said in the same category as when people blame rangers fans for the ibrox disaster or liverpool fans for hillsborough. Celtic fans did not cause the child abuse to happen and they do not have to carry any of the shame for what happened. Insisting otherwise because your angry is as cheap as it gets.

Oh I am angry but up until that last post I never mentioned Celtic fans being to blame but there is a section who I do hold in contempt with there denials on certain matters
    I have always made it clear that it is Celtic football club I regard as Scorlands shame
    Now you can pretty it u any way you like but the simple fact is your club his what had went on not only that they sacked the person who was responsible when the knew what was going on only to bring him back again now if that is not reprehensible I don't know what is.
    I have nothing left to say because this is just going round in circles

Gosh, I dunno. Maybe a less blinkered approach on my part would have made some room for the SFL. Maybe if the word "league" in the thread title was pluralised it might have helped me.

But so what, it doesn't matter what the thread title is. As sure as night follows day, wherever there are Rantic supporters, any topic that purports to be about football in Scotland will surely descend to the lowest common denominator.

I have nothing left to say because this is just going round in circles

Let's move on, then. So why exactly are Dundee United priced second favourites? Why not Motherwell, for example?

Gosh, I dunno. Maybe a less blinkered approach on my part would have made some room for the SFL. Maybe if the word "league" in the thread title was pluralised it might have helped me.

But so what, it doesn't matter what the thread title is. As sure as night follows day, wherever there are Rantic supporters, any topic that purports to be about football in Scotland will surely descend to the lowest common denominator.
    I actually disagree you will find plenty of topics on both sides that are interesting and varied unfortunately it sometimes gets heated and descends into a mess

I actually disagree you will find plenty of topics on both sides that are interesting and varied unfortunately it sometimes gets heated and descends into a mess

Hate each other, but can't live without each other - bit like most marriages, eh? :eek:

Anyway, speaking as someone who can't stand either club.......

......what about those bookies' odds, then?

Let's move on, then. So why exactly are Dundee United priced second favourites? Why not Motherwell, for example?

Dundee United have a stronger squad, certainly the strongest setup besides Celtic. Craig Levein left that club in great shape for the future. Whether Houston can get the best out of it is another thing.

Dundee United have a stronger squad, certainly the strongest setup besides Celtic. Craig Levein left that club in great shape for the future. Whether Houston can get the best out of it is another thing.

If they can find and maintain the sort of form they had in February and March of this year they'll have a good run at second. But when was the last time a club in the Dundee United/Hearts/Motherwell bracket kept a run of form going for more than half a season?

• Advertisement

If they can find and maintain the sort of form they had in February and March of this year they'll have a good run at second. But when was the last time a club in the Dundee United/Hearts/Motherwell bracket kept a run of form going for more than half a season?

Hearts in 03/04 & 05/06 & Dundee United in 09/10 despite the cheating by Rainjurs

Hearts in 03/04 & 05/06 & Dundee United in 09/10.......

Not often, in other words.

I left out your reference to your second favourite football team. Hope you don't mind. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Your fellow fans seem to think it's because of the current situation.

Maybe you should put your heads together and come out with a final reason, because now you just sound like 'Naw, it's because of this or that' and in a few weeks it'll be something else.

As for singing, I think we've covered that already.

Well thats up to them, the original banner at Celtic Park had nothing to do with the present debacle, i never suggested it did. Everyone knows what it referred to at the time.

Not often, in other words.

I left out your reference to your second favourite football team. Hope you don't mind. ;)

The SPL was the closest thing you could get to a rigged system for Celtic and Rangers to come 1st & 2nd, a glorified mechanism for Old Firm matches. The financial model and fixture all contributed to this status quo and the voting system for meaningful change locked at 11:1 so Celtic & Rangers could veto any change that could level the playing field.

For anyone to get near them took a huge push and when you factor in one of those two struggling to the point of cheating on a massive scale to keep the status quo then its not a surprise that you rarely have a club popping their head up, is it?

When clubs couldn't split Celtic & Rangers, to offset the loss of prizemoney a player or 3 would be sold thus handing advantage back and always maintaining the "status quo" as engineered by the SFA/SPL in the beginning and maintained by Celtic & Rangers through the voting system.

Hearts at one stage had a very good squad of players, even nicked 2nd spot one year but in the end the best of team were sold as they were "underachieving" but the truth of it was they weren't on a level playing field.

I agree, the attitutude towards immigrants is getting nasty in some quarters and is to be condemned in its own right but tell me, just making an example here, what Irish club/organisation tolerates a situation where 40,000 fans regularly tell a significant section of our population to 'go home;??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

You guys know that the lads from Mogwai are all Celtic daft right?

Hearts at one stage had a very good squad of players, even nicked 2nd spot one year but in the end the best of team were sold as they were "underachieving" but the truth of it was they weren't on a level playing field.

I know. I was there, not knowing whether to cheer or complain. :eek:

I half agree with your analysis. The SPL setup has no other function than to give the OF their games against each other (which, let's face it, is what matters most to them) and a raft of other games to make up the numbers. But it's hard to see what anyone can do to create a "level playing field", simply because of the enormous gap in support levels and money between the OF and everyone else.

I agree, the attitutude towards immigrants is getting nasty in some quarters and is to be condemned in its own right but tell me, just making an example here, what Irish club/organisation tolerates a situation where 40,000 fans regularly tell a significant section of our population to 'go home;??

Been a long time since that happened but hey ho as long as your happy. And they weren't telling the Irish population to go home they were telling 3rd and 4th generation that they are happy to live and get all the benefits of that country but refuse to recognise it. In fact many of them go out there way to talk of their hatred for the country so it was no surprise really

Personally it was a chant I hated but once again its not been heard at Ibrox for a long long time

EDIT: but then we have been over and over and over this its something that there will never be agreement on so any further dialogue on the matte will waste your time and mine

Been a long time since that happened but hey ho as long as your happy. And they weren't telling the Irish population to go home they were telling 3rd and 4th generation that they are happy to live and get all the benefits of that country but refuse to recognise it. In fact many of them go out there way to talk of their hatred for the country so it was no surprise really

Personally it was a chant I hated but once again its not been heard at Ibrox for a long long time

EDIT: but then we have been over and over and over this its something that there will never be agreement on so any further dialogue on the matte will waste your time and mine

Sorry but hey ho what am i happy about? Couple of years is hardly a long time amd i was referring to your comment about racism in ireland which sadly seems to be on the rise but we havent yet reached a situation where a whole stadium bellows abuse at a player cos of his nationality or at opposing fans because of their identity. It's great that you can interpret what thousands of fans actually mean when they sing a prticular song, such a talent.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Here we go more excuses, whataboutery and deflection from broxi bear on behalf of Scotland's Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Sometimes I think Celtic fans are more into Rangers than I am.

Obsessed!

Sometimes I think Celtic fans are more into Rangers than I am.

Obsessed!

Selective reading ftw, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Here we go more excuses, whataboutery and deflection from broxi bear on behalf of Scotland's Shame.

I think you need to look up what 'whataboutery' means.

Anyway, I don't know why we need to waste any more time on the likes of you, you probably got more posts about us than about your own club.

Anyway, I don't know why we need to waste any more time on the likes of you, you probably got more posts about us than about your own club.

This constant sniping about being obsessed with the other club is getting tiresome and childish. If the roles were reversed of course rangers fans would be discussing it just as much. Given the history of the relationship and rivalry between the two clubs it's entirely natural. In every sporting rivalry one set of fans is going to take an unusually high interest in the goings on at the other, no big deal. Juvenile attempts at point scoring from whatever side it comes.

The only reason a Rangers fan trots out the obsessed line is because he is being a thanks wh0re and knows that the rest of the Rangers supporters will shower him with 'thanks'! :pac:

• Advertisement

People tend to agree with the truth, not my fault :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

lol your first sentence offers advice on the use of the english language and then you follow it up with the bolded statement :D Pot, Kettle and black stuff all over the place!

lol your first sentence offers advice on the use of the english language and then you follow it up with the bolded statement :D Pot, Kettle and black stuff all over the place!

Two completely unrelated things, nice one :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Two completely unrelated things, nice one :confused:

I used to think you were a troll, it looks like I was giving you far too much credit, jog on!

The only reason a Rangers fan trots out the obsessed line is because he is being a thanks wh0re and knows that the rest of the Rangers supporters will shower him with 'thanks'! :pac:

Well, you are still posting about Rangers? Constantly.

Just an observation ;)

• Advertisement

Well, you are still posting about Rangers? Constantly.

Just an observation ;)

This just gets trotted out try and stop people talking about Rangers when they've done something to shame Scottish Football tbh. I'll talk about Rangers if there is something to talk about and your childish "your obsessed" trolling shíte wont put me off discussing what I want. If you dont like Celtic supporters discussing Rangers and all the shíte that they've gotten up to or the current goings on in Scottish Football then log out and piss off to Swallow Swallow or Rangersmedia where you can join in on the ad nauseum talking about Celtic :rolleyes:

This just gets trotted out try and stop people talking about Rangers when they've done something to shame Scottish Football tbh. I'll talk about Rangers if there is something to talk about and your childish "your obsessed" trolling shíte wont put me off discussing what I want. If you dont like Celtic supporters discussing Rangers and all the shíte that they've gotten up to or the current goings on in Scottish Football then log out and piss off to Swallow Swallow or Rangersmedia where you can join in on the ad nauseum talking about Celtic :rolleyes:

The truth hurts, eh?

Personally I find Celtic, to a large extent, an irrelevance.

And frankly, I find it amusing that even though Rangers are heading for Division Three and well out of your own ballpark, Celtic fans still 'just can't get enough'.

The truth hurts, eh?

Personally I find Celtic, to a large extent, an irrelevance.

And frankly, I find it amusing that even though Rangers are heading for Division Three and well out of your own ballpark, Celtic fans still 'just can't get enough'.

Hurts? More childish shíte. I'm just annoyed that every discussion about Rangers or the current goings on in Scottish Football get derailed by childish idiots that chant obsessed at every time they have nothing remotely interesting to say. Either discuss the topic or stay out of it.

So what if your interest only extends to Rangers, my interest extends to Scottish Football as a whole. Seems you have difficulty discussing things with people that have a different mindset than your own.

Hurts? More childish shíte. I'm just annoyed that every discussion about Rangers or the current goings on in Scottish Football get derailed by childish idiots that chant obsessed at every time they have nothing remotely interesting to say. Either discuss the topic or stay out of it.

So what if your interest only extends to Rangers, my interest extends to Scottish Football as a whole. Seems you have difficulty discussing things with people that have a different mindset than your own.

I'm very interested in Scottish football, actually.

It's just that when people bandy about labels like Scotland's Shame, don't be surprised if you get regularly called out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Have to laugh at people moaning about the obsessed tag being thrown about when the same group of people mention 'scotland's shame' at every opportunity.

This thread is a farce.

I'm very interested in Scottish football, actually.

It's just that when people bandy about labels like Scotland's Shame, don't be surprised if you get regularly called out.

Certain 'buzzwords' bring out your inner urge to have a pissing contest! Does scotland and shame in the same sentence upset you? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Certain 'buzzwords' to bring out your inner urge to have a pissing contest! Does scotland and shame in the same sentence upset you? :rolleyes:

So you are allowed to namecall, but the other bold boys aren't?

Cool story bro.

Des wrote: »
    So you are allowed to namecall, but the other bold boys aren't?

Cool story bro.

Its only namecalling if it isnt true :pac:

Sorry but hey ho what am i happy about? Couple of years is hardly a long time amd i was referring to your comment about racism in ireland which sadly seems to be on the rise but we havent yet reached a situation where a whole stadium bellows abuse at a player cos of his nationality or at opposing fans because of their identity. It's great that you can interpret what thousands of fans actually mean when they sing a prticular song, such a talent.:rolleyes:

Its not a talent its just a fact anyway you are doing exactly the same thing the one difference is I mix with Rangers fans on a very regular basis so that tends to give me an insight how often do you mix with them

It's all your fault.
    No, it's all your fault.
    No, you are the personification of evil.
    No, that's definitely you lot.
    What about the whataboutery?
    What about the what about the whataboutery?

Jaysus, U1874, you might be on to something here. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement