Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

servers

Options
  • 16-07-2012 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Basically i'm learning by doing here, have the design side pretty much down, what i'm wondering is when i have filezilla do i need my website hosted online in order to view php files as they keep asking me to define a server.

New to this whole server thing so if someone could help me set up a local one i'd be indebted to you and my brain will probably stop hurting. :)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Basically i'm learning by doing here, have the design side pretty much down, what i'm wondering is when i have filezilla do i need my website hosted online in order to view php files as they keep asking me to define a server.

New to this whole server thing so if someone could help me set up a local one i'd be indebted to you and my brain will probably stop hurting. :)

thanks

Download XAMPP. You drop your website's content into the htdocs folder and run it. The address will be localhost/thenameofyourwebsiteorwhatever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Download XAMPP. You drop your website's content into the htdocs folder and run it. The address will be localhost/thenameofyourwebsiteorwhatever

thank you very much this has been wrecking my head :)

Advertisement