Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WHV questions

• 16-07-2012 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi.
    Is it true that Irish only get a one year WHV:confused:. and also do we need to do regional work ect like they do in Aus.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

yes 1 year as uk people get up to 2 years i think/
    theres not the same system as ozz you can do 3 months regional work , fruit piicking etc and gain a 3 month extension so do your 3 months reg work and you have a 15 month whv :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38 m.mac

thanks for the response. So does NZ not have a second year WHV then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Salmonfella

Hey buddy from the bit of reseach iam doin no theres only a 1 year whv u cant get a second unfort but hey a year in new zealand work is better then a year in ireland wit no work :D think mid november meself i say from seeing ur threads christchurch be best for you as theres a lot of construction work:D

Yea definitely 1 year is better than nothing Salmon, Always the possibility of sponsorship:D. From my research Christchurch is going to be where Im heading. I have been in contact with some companies so hopefully can try to get a job offer before I head out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Salmonfella

Hey dude thats a fact iam thinking heading mid november wen u goin ? iam heading on me own its **** dont no any1 there but as long as i have nuff mulla to get me bye for a while should be grand heading cc too..wat comapnys u in contact with? i just tried coverstaff and cantstaff but no word back from either also wat hostel u stayin in?iam finding it hard get gud hostel stay at:(..ahra sure will be a change from offaly for me anyway lol

• Advertisement

Yea hopefully before the end of the year...some of the family isnt really happy bout me wanting to head out but nothing happening here:rolleyes:. Im glad it is not just me who hasnt heard back from them. I might start to contact companies direct and cut out the middle men like canstaff. I havent even considered hostels ect yet. ATM Im concentrating more on jobs. i did see a couple of places that someone had recommended. think it was around $17 a night or something. I will look again and get back to you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

All, please don't use txtspk, it makes posts very hard to read.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

I'd say you'll get a lot more responses when you're here in the country, able to interview in person and able to start work soon.

Recruiters and Agencies get TONS of applications from overseas so to set yourself apart from the crowd you've got to be here ready and willing!

Will also help greatly if you've registered with your relevant trade organization and do the site safe course...

Advertisement