Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who can you trust?

• 16-07-2012 2:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone in your life that you can, hand on heart, say you would trust 100%?

This includes family, friends, OH, basically everyone ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

I trust no-one. So much so that I keep a gun on a special holster attached to my ankle under my trousers at all times. That's between you and me now so don't go telling anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

No one. Humans can't be trusted

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME WASHING HIS TIGHTS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

"I trusted my wife until I caught her in bed with the milk man"

I don't completely trust anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

"I trusted my wife until I caught her in bed with the milk man"

I don't completely trust anyone.

You forgot to add "True Story";)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Money, money, money! Who do you trust? Me? I'm giving away free money. And where is the Batman? HE'S AT HOME WASHING HIS TIGHTS!

You ok? Ya seem a bit over excited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Someone should really teach him how to dress. I mean, putting your underpants on outside your tights is just naff and asking for trouble.

Mickey H wrote: »
    Someone should really teach him how to dress. I mean, putting your underpants on outside your tights is just naff and asking for trouble.

Not to mention a very sweaty behind:eek:

But do you REALLY trust anyone not to sell you down the river????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Trust no one

the truth is out there

There isn't one person in my life who I could say I would really trust :(

Jaded much :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have friends I would trust with my life and my bank pin code, but not with my facebook or boards password. So technically I trust noone 100% but there are 6 people I would trust with everything but the passwords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Only me, myself and I......and Morgan Freeman. You can always rely on Morgan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What about God? (by which i dont mean the church) Is that a better or worse option than no-one?

I have friends I would trust with my life and my bank pin code, but not with my facebook or boards password. So technically I trust noone 100% but there are 6 people I would trust with everything but the passwords.

I used to think that but as the years go by and people change I have seen different sides of people who I have been friends with for 20 years!

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    What about God? (by which i dont mean the church) Is that a better or worse option than no-one?

How many people has God literally done something for?
    mishkalucy wrote: »
    I used to think that but as the years go by and people change I have seen different sides of people who I have been friends with for 20 years!

Oh, I see friends change all the time and still, I'd trust a lot of them with my life. I hold honesty above all else, and if my friends are honest with me I'll trust them. I don't tell all of them everything, but I do trust them all enough to know I could if I wanted to.

Having noone to trust is the saddest thing I could think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ArseBurger

Trust in Jesus.

Oh, I see friends change all the time and still, I'd trust a lot of them with my life. I hold honesty above all else, and if my friends are honest with me I'll trust them. I don't tell all of them everything, but I do trust them all enough to know I could if I wanted to.

Having noone to trust is the saddest thing I could think of.

I agree with the saddest thing part but what can you do?

I think there are a lot of people who reach a certain age and suddenly get a kick up the hole as to how people really are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

one thing i learned is that if you're depressed you really can trust no-one, not even the ones you can trust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I trust myself. That's it. After being someone that many people confide in I've learnt that humans are completely untrusthworthy.

The amount of times I've heard "no don't tell X I told you this because I only know but I need to tell someone". I think over the years I could write a book or two on things I've been told :D

I have to say over the past number of years I have seen to worst in human behaviour that has led me to believe that no human is trustworthy.

Given the right set of circumstance everyone will betray you

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I agree with the saddest thing part but what can you do?

I think there are a lot of people who reach a certain age and suddenly get a kick up the hole as to how people really are.

Quite possibly true, and while I am only 23, I think it's a give and take thing. A lot of people trust me, I know a lot of details of peoples lives that they wouldn't want shared publicly, and I hold such things as sacred and never think about them so I don't tell anyone. I expect the same from friends, especially the ones I trust, all of whom know my stance on honesty. Being dishonest to me in a large degree or betraying my trust is grounds for dismissal of friendship but it's never really happened.

Quite possibly true, and while I am only 23, I think it's a give and take thing. A lot of people trust me, I know a lot of details of peoples lives that they wouldn't want shared publicly, and I hold such things as sacred and never think about them so I don't tell anyone. I expect the same from friends, especially the ones I trust, all of whom know my stance on honesty. Being dishonest to me in a large degree or betraying my trust is grounds for dismissal of friendship but it's never really happened.

Absolutely.......

But I am "slightly" (ahem) older than you and at you age would have said the same thing.

I used to be on a level playing field with a freind of mine until some years ago.
    Things changed, she went up.
    I didn't.

Watch how that dynamic works:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I agree. He should chip in and unclog your sink / do odd jobs around the house (lazy B*stard)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Yes. There are people in my life who I would and do trust. They're the people I could call up right now if I was feeling suicidal and they'd do everything in their power to help me. They're the people who would sit and listen if I just needed to talk. They're the people I'd knock down houses to help. They're the people I really, deep down and truly care for.

I might get betrayed by them. I'd hope they'd turn me into the guards if I murdered someone. But really, over the past few years I have trusted them with my deepest darkest secrets. And they've equally come to me when things have been really tough for them.

I think it's incredibly sad for people to have no-one in their live's to trust, and share with. That's what I want from a partner, someone I can trust implicitly with every facet of myself. I'm not stupid or naive enough to think I won't get betrayed in the future, but to be honest I'm true to myself and I've been true to myself. So if they take a turn for the bad and something happens that we fall out over I don't see myself put in an awful place. Of course I'd feel horrendous that I've been betrayed or fallen out with someone. I have confidence in myself that I've done nothing wrong to have been the evil person in that situation. And none of the people I have trusted have so far shown me any reason why they would be untrustworthy.

Why would I fear the future? Why wouldn't I trust in someone now when they've shown me love. I just hope I can keep being honest with them and they honest with me and we end up in a retirement home in the Bahamas having the same old arguments day in day out until we cease to exist. Sounds like doog times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Trust me bro.

And he ain't even my blood bro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 Bazgina

urself... sadly having Trust issues leads to me running away from guys when in a relationship. meh maybe one day .. XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I trust the Nigerian prince who frequently emails me with lotto details so much he even knows my bank account information, such a nice chap:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I completely trust my boyfriend, and I know that I'm right to do so. I don't really trust other people. It's not that I'm paranoid or anything, I just don't think they need to know certain things about me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Def can't trust myself - well, not on my own anyway lol.

Have one friend that is closer to me than family and would do anything for him (well, within reason lol). Could give him a winning lotto ticket and would get 100% prize back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

My Old man, struggling to think of anyone else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

My brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

My brother is my best friend, and probably the only person I can trust 100%. I hope he'd say the say the same about me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

syndeyfife wrote: »
    My brother is my best friend, and probably the only person I can trust 100%. I hope he'd say the say the same about me...

I doubt it.

I mean... as a brother to my own I won't trust him; having crossed the line once too often but as a brother to my sister she likes to believe she can trust me.. though I know I can't her do you get what I'm sayin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

100% - God alone. We can trust people to a certain degree, but they will let us down from time to time.

Everyone. He sent Jesus Christ into the world, to live, teach and ultimately die on a cross for your sins. By repenting and believing in Him you can be reconciled to God and live as you were created to be.

As for who have received this - millions, myself included, and have seen their lives absolutely transformed as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

No which is kind of sad when I think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

LH Pathe wrote: »
    syndeyfife wrote: »

I doubt it.

I mean... as a brother to my own I won't trust him; having crossed the line once too often but as a brother to my sister she likes to believe she can trust me.. though I know I can't her do you get what I'm sayin.

I get what you're saying, but I'd like to think you're wrong. We confide in each other, he'd talk to me about things he wouldn't tell anyone else and vice versa. At the same time the two of us have the same sense of humour and are always messing.

He farted on my leg yesterday though :( ass

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Lot's of good people out there and those that are bad are stupid in the long term .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I trust nobody completely. I trust different people to different extents. I trust my mother almost completely, but no, I'm sure in the right circumstances I couldn't trust even her.

I used to be more trusting and assumed the best about most people. Over time I have come to have a much lower opinion of people in general and am therefore less trusting.

I think now that I was so naive to be trusting, and I will admit that I think others who are trusting are also naive. There was a time when I would have considered somebody with my view as bitter and cynical. Nonetheless, experience has unfortunately changed my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

nobody..

Advertisement