Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Play Area for kids

Options
  • 16-07-2012 7:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭

Apart from Jellie Totts near Woodies is anyone aware of an indoor play area for children in Kilkenny? While it's great to have Jellie Totts it is very small and can sometimes be overcrowded.

I heard a rumour that there was a place opening soon in the Hebron Industrial Estate. Anyone else hear this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Hi
    if your looking for places outside the city there is Megabounce in Carrigeen nr Mooncoin. Its €6 a session and the refreshments are very reasonably priced.

Failing that there is always the play area in the McDonagh junction shopping centre

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

didnt hear anything about one in hebron. Kiddies Kingdom in bagenalstown(in business park on the right as you drive into bagenalstown) is very good, very spacious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Fran79 wrote: »
    Hi
    if your looking for places outside the city there is Megabounce in Carrigeen nr Mooncoin. Its €6 a session and the refreshments are very reasonably priced.

Failing that there is always the play area in the McDonagh junction shopping centre

HTH

Does anyone know the opening hours for Megabounce? The phone number on their facebook isn't being answered, and the website listed on there doesn't seem to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

I think its 11am till 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

didnt hear anything about one in hebron. Kiddies Kingdom in bagenalstown(in business park on the right as you drive into bagenalstown) is very good, very spacious.

That's the one I was gona say as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mefynn

The Playstation is open in the Hebron industrial estate just past Willie Duggan lighting,i can highly recommend it for kids of all ages and birthday parties,well worth a visit

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

mefynn wrote: »
    The Playstation is open in the Hebron industrial estate just past Willie Duggan lighting,i can highly recommend it for kids of all ages and birthday parties,well worth a visit

The kids loved it the day I was there recently but dear me, it was absolutely freezing in there (in the Playstation). The kids didnt notice as they were running around like crazy and in fairness, it must be difficult to heat a place like that with such high ceilings etc without killIng your profits, but I had to keep my coat and hat on indoors, it was a bit much. Best of luck to them anyway.

Just as a side note, wouldn't it be great if these places served food other than chicken nuggets/ sausages and chips. ( Jellie Tots/ Kiddies Kingdom/ Playstation) There seems to be no type of healthy option at all. Maybe there is little demand for it.

we were there for 3 hours on Friday and i must say it was nearly too warm,definitely couldnt complain about it being cold..............do you honestly think kids want healthy options at their birthday parties............

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

we were there for 3 hours on Friday and i must say it was nearly too warm,definitely couldnt complain about it being cold..............do you honestly think kids want healthy options at their birthday parties............

Fair enough, they had just opened a week or two when we went so they must have had some teething difficulties

I'd prefer a more healthy choice food wise in all these places. We would sometimes go on a rainy day where it's not a birthday party. Would be nice to be able to have a simple hang sangidge, rather than deep fried rubbish...

Fran79 wrote: »
    I think its 11am till 7pm

They wound up at 5pm yesterday. It was a great day out, the kids loved it and when it got quiet they let us grownups have a go too. I tell you, I'd go there before I'd go to a gym, I got a fantastic workout. Yer man even said that they'd consider doing parties for adults so.... there's my next birthday sorted!

• Advertisement

which one did you go to,was it the playstation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭DerryRed

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Fair enough, they had just opened a week or two when we went so they must have had some teething difficulties

I'd prefer a more healthy choice food wise in all these places. We would sometimes go on a rainy day where it's not a birthday party. Would be nice to be able to have a simple hang sangidge, rather than deep fried rubbish...

I was in The Playstation last week and they had plenty of food options. My wife and I had some toasted sandwiches while the kids were playing.

which one did you go to,was it the playstation :D

Megabounce in Mooncoin.

Advertisement