Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to upgrade from ATI R 3450

Options
  • 16-07-2012 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was thinking recently about upgrading my graphics card and just wanted some advice. I have a 4 year Dell Studio 540 with a ATI Radeon 3450 at the moment and since the processor or the RAM isnt giving me trouble and still meeting most game requirement, I thought I should just try my hand at a graphics card update.

I was thinking about doing this two years ago and after researching came to the conclusion that I would need to replace my PSU and possibly my motherboard and not being worth it. But recently I read a thread somewhere else by someone with the same setup as me upgraded to a Sapphire 7750 because these cards dont need another connection to the PSU (my PSU is weak)

Without needing to upgrade my PSU, motherboard or anything else, with an limit of lets say 300yos, do I have better options then the Sapphire?

Planning on playing Shogun TW and Civ5 mainly.

Advertisement