Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenacious D - The O2 October 20th

Options
  • 16-07-2012 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

Just seen this on their Facebook

Good mornin Dublin!!
    The D is coming to drop an epic rock show on you...
    October 20 at Dublin's O2...get ready! Tickets go on sale Friday! Stay tuned more details and links

Should be a good one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

I can't see anything on their facebook about it. Plus I'd have thought ticketmaster would have some info on it also if the tickets were on sale on Friday. Can you post a link to where you seen this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I can't see anything on their facebook about it. Plus I'd have thought ticketmaster would have some info on it also if the tickets were on sale on Friday. Can you post a link to where you seen this please.

Check again, its there. Would link myself but on the phone. I'm sure ticketmaster or mcd or whoever will make a formal announcement later today or soon after. Saw em at download, they were good but they played too much new stuff, I'd say theyll play a lot more at this though being a headline show so will probs grab a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Must have big support if its the o2. Thatll decide if I go or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Check again, its there. Would link myself but on the phone. I'm sure ticketmaster or mcd or whoever will make a formal announcement later today or soon after. Saw em at download, they were good but they played too much new stuff, I'd say theyll play a lot more at this though being a headline show so will probs grab a ticket.

I should have logged in....

This is going to be great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Wow we've been rocking out to Tribute a lot lately, was only thinking I'd love if they came over, we're very excited now, defo getting tics!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Missed out on tickets last time they played here a few years ago , def going to this . Bring Steel Panther please ha

Missed out on tickets last time they played here a few years ago , def going to this . Bring Steel Panther please ha

That would be brilliant, saw Steel Panther play just before them at Download this year, would be the perfect support band

darryn wrote: »
    That would be brilliant, saw Steel Panther play just before them at Download this year, would be the perfect support band

Ive been dying to see SP for ages , and they are in Europe around the time of this gig , they start their european in Helsinki on the 21st . Prob never happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Saw them play Rock Am Ring this year and tbh wasn't expecting much from them, but had a great time watching them despite much of the set being made up of stuff from the new album. They were one of the highlights of the festival for me.

Will definitively be heading to this. Be very interesting to see who the support will be.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Saw them support Metallica in 08, were very good. Delighted I can see them play a full gig now!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Saw them play Rock Am Ring this year and tbh wasn't expecting much from them, but had a great time watching them despite much of the set being made up of stuff from the new album. They were one of the highlights of the festival for me.

Will definitively be heading to this. Be very interesting to see who the support will be.

The new album stuff bored the crap out of me. Set at RIP wasnt a patch on seeing them at RDS. Hope its not expensive gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Any idea how much this might cost around? If it around the 30 mark I will be going.

The o2 will have it at at leaast 40.

Mushy wrote: »
    The o2 will have it at at leaast 40.

Hopefully its not over €50

Hopefully its not over €50

Thats where Ticketmaster come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

My Chemical Romance tickets were €33 so I'd expect something along those lines.

Shando316 wrote: »

I'd say more unfortunately. If it is that cheap, I'm all over it. Could Shinedown support? UK dates are close enough.

Yea the last 2 times Kasabian have played the O2 tickets were about €33 aswell
    Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say more unfortunately. If it is that cheap, I'm all over it. Could Shinedown support? UK dates are close enough.

As much as i would love that , but it would be a weird band to support the D (as in style wise)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Yea the last 2 times Kasabian have played the O2 tickets were about €33 aswell

As much as i would love that , but it would be a weird band to support the D (as in style wise)

I take it you didn't go to their last show at The RDS

This fcukin looper supported, and he was fcukin awful

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed him. Hearing everyone get pissed off at him made it better. This lad would be fantastic:

No Belfast date

Thursday 11 October – Munich, Germany @ Zenith
    Friday 12 October – Hamburg, Germany @ Sporthalle
    Sunday 14 October – Dusseldorf, Germany @ Mitsubishi Electric Halle
    Monday 15 October – Frankfurt, Germany @ Jahrhunderthalle
    Tuesday 16 October – Milan, Italy @ Mediolanum Forum
    Thursday 18 October – Brighton, UK @ Brighton Centre
    Saturday 20 October – Dublin, Eire @ O2
    Sunday 21 October – Wolverhampton, UK @ Civic Theatre
    Tuesday 23 October – Manchester, UK @ O2 Apollo
    Wednesday 24 October – London, UK @ Hammersmith Apollo

UK shows are between £38 & £40 so i reckon we're looking at 50Euro, but the UK venues are a LOT smaller than The Point so they may have it around the 45mark

just been announced on Phantom, 40Euro a ticket, great price , cheaper than the UK :D:D

edit: Tickets FROM 40Euro

That is a great price. Expect standing to be a bit more but sure feck it.

Yea delighted its only €40 plus special guest tba

scaled.php?tn=0&server=532&filename=19ild.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Ticketmaster just updated the event
    €45.00 - €50.65
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180048F1915F100A?artistid=807254&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

haha changed again now says 40-45

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

Fully seated!?

Fully seated!?

Really doubt it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

As a huge fan of the D, I'm delighted that they're playing here. Missed them first time around. Definately going to get my ticket this friday! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Does anyone think this will sell quick? Heading on holidays on Thursday and I really dont wanna spend any money before I go. My plan would be to pick up a standing ticket when I'm back Friday next week

Advertisement