Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenacious D - The O2 October 20th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,155 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Superb Gig I thought.

I was at the show in the RDS a few years ago and this was much better imo

Rise of the Fenix is obviously a better album than POD so that helps. Rise of the Fenix, Low hanging Fruit and Death Star are great songs for a Gig.

I didnt like the sights though, I couldnt put my finger on what i didnt like about them, despite them giving it socks, i just found them boring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea really enjoyed the D last night and ending the gig with F**k you Gently was just epic . Was well worth the money and they seemed to be enjoying themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Loved the gig but I'm a bit miffed they didn't play Master Exploder...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

How full was the place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

It was busy but not at capacity.

The sights were good but their music was a bit of a mess.

I was really happy with Tenacious D!! good fun, good sound and all the songs I wanted to hear.

The crowd (in the front ten rows or so) were not great though. Mainly 18 year olds or younger (if possible), just a bit messy.

• Advertisement

Shando316 wrote: »
    How full was the place?

They had a good chunk of the tired seats curtained off , if say roughly 8000?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was a good gig alright, glad I went now. Crowd was quite sparse where I was, would say between 7-8,000 at it. Band seemed to enjoy it, and the two program references I largely enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great gig last night, didn't bother buying tickets as so many flying around in comps, in the end i won a pair on FM104, Lower tier, 2nd row.

Went in around 7.45, was in the seats but went downstairs to standing, my other half is only 5'4" so only stayed for first 2 D songs as she couldnt see fcuk all.

Went back to the seats, great view.

Awesome setlist, JB is so fcukin funny, and a full 2hr set, pretty damn good.

I'd say around the 8,000 mark, standing was approx 2/3 full, lower tier around 85% full

RETARDED FCUKIN IDIOT OF THE NIGHT AWARD GOES TO THE GIMP I SAW DOWNSTAIRS, TOWARDS THE END, WHO SET LIGHT TO A DEODARANT TO MAKE A FLAME THROWER!!

A few pics

d3.jpg

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

scudzilla wrote: »

RETARDED FCUKIN IDIOT OF THE NIGHT AWARD GOES TO THE GIMP I SAW DOWNSTAIRS, TOWARDS THE END, WHO SET LIGHT TO A DEODARANT TO MAKE A FLAME THROWER!!

I was standing about 10ft from him, you'll be pleased to know that shortly after he did that security dragged him out with a twisted arm.

There was also a weird looking guy beside me that seemed to just lie down on the ground about 2 songs in. It didn't look like he fainted, at first I thought he was looking for something but he just lay face down on the floor until people start asking was he ok, at which point he stood up again.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    I was standing about 10ft from him, you'll be pleased to know that shortly after he did that security dragged him out with a twisted arm.

There was also a weird looking guy beside me that seemed to just lie down on the ground about 2 songs in. It didn't look like he fainted, at first I thought he was looking for something but he just lay face down on the floor until people start asking was he ok, at which point he stood up again.

Nice one, if he'd have done that anywhere near me or my other half i'd have knocked the prick out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Mushy wrote: »
    Was a good gig alright, glad I went now. Crowd was quite sparse where I was, would say between 7-8,000 at it. Band seemed to enjoy it, and the two program references I largely enjoyed.

Another example of why Dublin needs a middle-sized venue.

If there was a 5,000 capacity venue they could have played two dates there and sold 4,000 for each, and 2,000 tickets unsold is better than the 7-6,000 for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

I totally agree with Karaokeman on this one! We need a Medium Sized Venue (in Dublin preferably). Let's build one.

karaokeman wrote: »
    Another example of why Dublin needs a middle-sized venue.

If there was a 5,000 capacity venue they could have played two dates there and sold 4,000 for each, and 2,000 tickets unsold is better than the 7-6,000 for this gig.

Oh I know, it'd be perfect. Even if it was branded as an o2 venue again. O2 academy would be handy but for a different venue with name taken. Doesnt seem like itll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Mushy wrote: »
    Oh I know, it'd be perfect. Even if it was branded as an o2 venue again. O2 academy would be handy but for a different venue with name taken. Doesnt seem like itll happen.

To be honest I'd rather it didn't have an O2 name, I think its kind of tacky

Plus some bands already think "The Academy" is already called "The o2 Academy" like numerous venues over in the UK

For practicality sakes, as in helping the building costs, I wouldnt care what its called. Not often I say that.

JAZZ

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Jazz, a welcome and much better substitute than Saxaboom.

Tenacious D
    Dublin, you were beautiful.

665267_10151153310019442_2117629059_o.jpg

Advertisement