Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Canada work(For 1 year)

Options
  • 16-07-2012 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I'm seriously considering a move to Canada.
    I thought I could go over as a skilled worker because I have 1 years experience in IT Web programming.

It seems though I am just about too late for this?
    Note: As of July 1, 2012, CIC has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP). This temporary pause does not apply to those with a qualifying job offer or applying under the PhD stream. We will likely start accepting applications again when the revised FSWP selection criteria take effect. Proposed FSWP changes should come into force in early 2013.

I think the processing time for an Irish Canadian Visa is 2 months?( It only gives UK)

I would like ot move to Toronto. Does anyone have any advice on this? Anything would be helpful. Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

I was just about to ask the same question. I was wondering how you go about applying for a job here for over there. I'll keep an eye on your thread so. I have a IT degree as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

*** Moving from US/ Canada Travel to Living Abroad forum, where canada visa questions go until a Canada forum can be created ****

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

This is the link for the Irish side of things

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Suggest you have look round similar threads as folks have some good advise in them. Read that link with the FAQ and the hints and tips.

www.moving2vancouver.ca

I know it's not Toronto but a lot of the Canadian advise about getting yer health card and work number and tax and different handy things are included. Read ALL links and headings on each website and ye be flying! :)

Advertisement