Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOW CARB diet - anyone having success? I am feeling tired and weak :( suggestions?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Before Dunnes, used to buy the unrefined one for 8 euro a jar...

I tried it in coffee... once :eek:

Never again.

I now only use the unrefined ones when making choconut balls

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

rocky wrote: »

Never again.

hello new recipe!
    is the coconut stuff on myprotein any good? they have a thing where you can buy 2 tubs of it for 15 pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

rocky wrote: »

Never again.

Recipe??

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dreeeewwwwlllll :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

bluewolf wrote: »
    hello new recipe!
    is the coconut stuff on myprotein any good? they have a thing where you can buy 2 tubs of it for 15 pounds

Its not bad, nice mild coconuty flavour from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JessieJames

Is has it in all the Dunne's in Galway so I presumed so.

Where are you looking ?

dublin, i should have said sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Is has it in all the Dunne's in Galway so I presumed so.

Where are you looking ?

dublin, i should have said sorry :o
    I have bought it in superquinn as well if you are near one

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I actually ate less than 20 grams of carbs for the first couple of months of Atkins and to be honest the worst I felt was on the first day. I had a headache and felt a bit flu like but by day three I was full of energy and was able to run again without feeling wrecked.

I lost about 2.5 stone so I decided I needed to slow down my weight loss or it would just go back on so I have been sticking to it most days during the week and then having what I want at the weekend and my weight stayed the same. Last week I went way overboard and ended up eating chocolate every night so I am back on induction for the next two weeks.

I seem to be already in ketosis (had to get up and pee twice in the middle of the night!!) and I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms this time. I was a bit cranky yesterday but feel ok now.

But I was just wondering how people cope without gaining lots of weight when they want to go back on normal carbs. And by normal I mean eating pasta/spuds a couple of times a week with the off bar thrown in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Lux23 wrote: »
    I actually ate less than 20 grams of carbs for the first couple of months of Atkins and to be honest the worst I felt was on the first day. I had a headache and felt a bit flu like but by day three I was full of energy and was able to run again without feeling wrecked.

I lost about 2.5 stone so I decided I needed to slow down my weight loss or it would just go back on so I have been sticking to it most days during the week and then having what I want at the weekend and my weight stayed the same. Last week I went way overboard and ended up eating chocolate every night so I am back on induction for the next two weeks.

I seem to be already in ketosis (had to get up and pee twice in the middle of the night!!) and I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms this time. I was a bit cranky yesterday but feel ok now.

But I was just wondering how people cope without gaining lots of weight when they want to go back on normal carbs. And by normal I mean eating pasta/spuds a couple of times a week with the off bar thrown in.

You just have to lose more than what you intend to stay on. As soon as you start eating carbs again, you WILL gain back some water and glycogen weight. Even if you come out of ketosis once, you will probably gain some weight back from water and glycogen.

I plan to lose ~5kg more than my long term goal weight. That will allow me to bring some carbs back in since I'll need them for playing rugby and going to the gym. Here's a good article that'll explain glycogen and water storage once you leave ketosis:

http://www.justinowings.com/understanding-bodyweight-and-glycogen-de/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Well I stick to it most of the time and at most I weigh myself once a week so even on weeks when I blow out on Saturday and Sunday I generally either lose a pound or stay the same. I will have to think about it some more. :)

Advertisement