Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Idol 2013 Season 12

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭unichick

Can't understand how they would not know some Beatles songs such as Let it be or she's leaving home. I know they are young but they should know the classics in the music industry! Even Mariah Carey didn't know the second one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

Sure makes me feel old when I hear these kids say they never heard of The Beatles beautiful songs.:o Anyhoo, the standard of performances is improving each week. The cream always comes to the top. For me Candice is the most unique talented singer very closely followed by Amber,JanelleAngie then Kree. Of the boys,Burnell.and Devin are still in the race.Two really good singers.

Can't believe Lazaro wasn't in the bottom three! Glad Paul is gone but was shocked Amber was in the bottom three. Kree was the best of the night I thought. Not really warming to Candice. I don't know what it is. I love Devon's voice too but surely it has to be a female winner this year. None of the guys come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

unichick wrote: »
    Can't believe Lazaro wasn't in the bottom three!

He's raking in the sympathy vote I'd say. He'll be in the show for a while yet, knocking out better singers in the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

Very enjoyable night! I wonder if Lazaro got through on a sympathy vote (on account of having a stutter). It was obvious, he put in a dire performance. Jimmy, it seems, is "coming into his own" with the live shows! LOL! I was amazed, that Charlie was not put through to the live shows, in the American vote. IMO, Aubrey's performance in comparison to his, was forgettable. He obviously has a lot of talent, but I think he may have irritated some voters by some cheeky remarks he made to the judges - not that he can help it.

Edit: I've cross-posted with Dark Crystal - and obviously - "great minds think alike" re "sympathy vote" for Lazaro!

• Advertisement

Enjoyed last weeks episode. The girls are so much stronger so was glad the 3 lads were in the bottom three. Devon had a good voice but was never going to win it. Lazaro survives again.

I've just ruined next weeks episode for myself by seeing who went! Ahh! No more browsing the Daily Mail online!

Amber is still my fave. I thought Devon was a bit nasty to Lazaro pointing the finger at him after the group performance. They made a heams of it but no need for that. He's definitely getting the sympathy vote.

Just the 5 girls left, if anybody else wants to see 5 top class singing Divas, you certainly won't see this amazing collection ever any where else.They're all brilliant indifferent ways.
    Anyway for my tuppence worth,I still think Candice is the best singer,closely followed by Kree,Angie,then Amber, with Janelle bringing up the rear.:)

I wasn't surprised Janelle went but she's still good and should have a career. I was surprised Kree was in the bottom two. For some reason I had a feeling she'd win it. I'd be happy for any of them to win it at this stage. Not that mad about Candice personality wise but she's a great singer.

All of thee are "Winners". Interesting when they showed Fantasia and the two others, who found themselves in the "Bottom Three", but went on to such success afterwards!

This has definitely been the strongest year, talent-wise. I honestly think any of the remaining 4 could win and they'd all deserve it.

Kree is still my favourite, but I think Candice will win this year.She really has an amazing voice.

Also I have to say Fantasia's performance this week was something else. She almost had me in tears at the end :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

This is the best season of American Idol ever IMO! Loving the judges also - really like Mariah, she's very nice to the contestants I think but really does the DIVA act well also :pac:. Nicki is a complete bitch but still entertaining :pac: Love Keith too and of course Randy, he's an institution in AI at this stage!

The talent is unbelievable this year - for me the best are Amber and Candice so hoping for a final with these two. Amber reminds me so much of Whitney and Candice a little bit like Mary J Blige. Can't wait for next week! :)

Well, I think the right three are in the final. Amber had a lovely voice, but I just couldn't connect with her as much as I could with the other three.

I think the judges are being slightly too harsh on Kree recently. She seems much less 'in your face' vocally, but I just love the naturally beautiful tone she has.

Still, it looks like Candice's contest to lose now - she's only had one slightly iffy week (last week) and has been consistently amazing throughout the competition. However, Angie is the only contestant not to have troubled the bottom two so far, so that definitely stands her in good stead.

Three songs for the final next week, including Jimmy Iovine's choice. That should be interesting!

Was sorry to see Amber go but had a feeling it would happen. Sky plus let me down so I missed the first 3 performances. Frustrating.

I wouldn't mind if Angie or Kree won. I still can't warm to Candice. Angie is obviously being told to play the innocent girl but by the look of the tats she has last nite she's definitely not. I'd say she'll be trouble in the future and her family and friends look a bit rocker looking too.

Harry Connick Junior annoyed me. Who does he think he is! They are the best finalists ever and he treats them like that.

i think Candice has the best voice of those who are left.

Semi final night. What a show, brilliant singing voices, very hard to single out someone to vote out. For me Candice is THE ONE since the auditions, she is just one of a kind, so gifted.Her voice is like liquid gold, I can't wait to buy her album whenever she makes it. Not to forget Angie and Kree, they're so talented they'll both be big stars too.Good luck to them all, they were a joy to watch and listen to.

Just watched it. Was surprised Angie went. I thought she deserved a place in the final but Kree is great too. I think her back story helped as harsh as it may sound. Can't imagine how hard it must have been for her to lose both her parents so young.

It's amazing the way they've found such talented girls this year. I really don't mind who wins the final. I suppose I do favour Kree as I can't really warm to Candice, but she has a great voice and Somewhere was something else.

Mariah's video was so cringe! Ahh.

I'm rooting for Candice to win, though I do like Kree. I was watching Kree's face at the end, and it was obvious she did not expect to get into the final. I was surprised she got in too - but glad for her. Angie is very polished in her performances, but I must say, I had never warmed to her - especially when she did that little girl hand clapping thing.
    So cringe-worthy! Candice to win! She is a true diva.

Missed 1st sing-off round. Just heard Kree, singing "all cried out", it stretched her top range too much. Not her best. Candice,well she is the best, great song ,great singer.3rd sing-off round, Kree really smashed it with her gospel song.
    Candice" I who have nothing" , just has EVERYTHING ,She has to win, she is the greatest ,what a voice.

Oh! my God! I've just heard the most beautiful duet EVER, that I've heard in a loooong time.Candice and Jennifer Hudson. Jennifer let Candice just shine, and shared her own limelight so generously.It'd be a big hit if released.
    Great show, Jessie J. just great.I know I'm missing some eurovision,! hey! some twat warbling about pain love shoes:confused:

Now Aretha:)

A great season and glad Candice won. She was streets ahead of Kree in the final. Agree about Jennifer Hudson duet. It was amazing. Aretha showed how singing should be done, unlike mime artists Mariah and J'Lo.

Sad that Randy is going. I wonder what the real story is there. Has Cowell made him an offer. I hear only Keith Urban may come back.

Amazing finale. The americans really know how to put on a show. I'll miss it!

• Advertisement

The right person won! Candice is amazing! Great season, all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 victorpaul1

Yeah it was a great competition. Deserving candidates always win.

Advertisement