Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nobodys perfect.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

paddyandy wrote: »
    There is no crime in some parts of the world because they don't tolerate it .

Which countries don't have crime.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

violence is not universal. It is not symmetrically distributed throughout the human race. There are some societies that have virtually no violence. Others like ours are on the road to destroying themselves.

Societies like the Amish, the Mennonites, The hutterites (hutterites have no recorded cases of homicide) have virtually no viloence.

These societies raise there children right. They simply live a non violent life. Yes it is possible for a society to do this. (See my post on the science behind the genes above)

A religious sect is hardly a country. The Amish community is totalitarian which does'nt have anything reslembling free will or fun.

i know and i am not saying that we should just all go and join a sect. What i am trying to say is that the enviroment that children are brought up (not from birth but from pregency is normally the deciding factor in weather someone will go on to commite violence

i know and i am not saying that we should just all go and join a sect. What i am trying to say is that the enviroment that children are brought up (not from birth but from pregency is normally the deciding factor in weather someone will go on to commite violence

Back to square one then.How to create that society.

kneemos wrote: »

hahaha the million pound question. I havent a clue.

First Question i would think is what type of goverment would this ideal society have?

I serously dout if it would be a democrocy. At least not a democracy in the traditional sence. People in gereral tend to vote for the biggest dick head. Look at any goverment and tell me i am wrong. It isn't communisum or fasicism either.

I honestly dont know but that is the first real question i would think. Doing anything else is really just putting another support under a house that is going to collaplse. We need a complete overhaul in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A religious sect is hardly a country. The Amish community is totalitarian which does'nt have anything reslembling free will or fun.

No, but those are the consequences of having boring, restrictive society. Ever seen the movie "Demolition Man"?

Well, the first thing you would have to do is address the issues of inequality, greed and ignorance. Massive and fair regulation of media and large businesses.

The second is to find someone who puts the needs of the community before his own personal needs and is willing to lead.

The third is to persuade people to let him do the job and not ridicule him because he makes tough decisions and doesn't bring back the death penalty. This is going the tricky bit.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    In before every someone unleshes the pinko, liberal, bleeding heart, PC rhetoric. And Bill O'Reilly.

In before the first post? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Society has acceptable and unacceptable standards of behaviour.

Everyone at some point in their life may fall below those standards and pay the price for it.
    If they strive to make themselves a better person and live up to that acceptable standard, they should be eventually welcomed back.

If someone makes no effect to rise above socially and morally reprehensible behaviour, they should be treated as such.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,671 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Feathers wrote: »
    In before the first post? :)

Nah, there was no where near enough venom and rank stupidity for that to be an anto-pinko post!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement