Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opened new BOI account

Options
  • 16-07-2012 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi there, left BOI not so long time ago, and changed to Ulsterbank..
    Now i moved back to Boi because of the catastrophe that is ongoing in there.

Dont really remember the process, so id like to ask the following:

I received my acc. nr, what happens next?
    I get the pin and card in post? How long that usually takes?
    Do i need to register separetly for online banking, or is it instantly in my use? How about mobile banking?

Can i now do SEPA transfers in online bank?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi finnteme.

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome back.

Your new card and pin number will be sent to your address within 10 working days.
    To register your account for Banking365 you will need to register online here or call them on 0818 365 365 where a representative will be happy to help.
    Once this has been completed successfully, a 6 digit pin number will be issued to you by post. When you receive this, you will then need to call to activate it. A representative will activate your pin by asking you some security questions to confirm your identity.
    At this point you will be given your unique online user ID so you can start using 365 online.

Once you have registered successfully for 365online, you will need to download our mobile banking app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store. You will then be able to log in with your 365 online login details.

You can certainly make a SEPA transfer through Banking365. Once the receiving bank is SEPA ready, this will happen automatically. You will find more information on SEPA transfers here.

Hope this helps. If you any further queries, please let us know.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Just make sure you register your mobile phone number with the online banking website. They use SMS to authorise transactions.

You register the phone number and they'll send you out a letter with a pin to key back into the website. Once that's done you're all set.

When you make certain transactions online, the bank will send you a confirmation number out by text which you have to type back into the website to confirm it's really you.

They got the letter with the pin out to me fairly fast (like 48 hours max)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Thank you for your answers :)

Advertisement