Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked water drainage - camera inspection services ?

Options
  • 16-07-2012 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

anyone knows of an affordable company that provides drain camera inspection service? Well I don't only want to know that there's a problem I also want to know where to dig, if required. The reason I want this rather than unblocking, is that last 2 years we already called 2 people to unblock the drain but I think we're curing symptoms but the cause is not fixed. This never happened in the previous houses we lived in. Any good idea anyone? Thanks in advanced.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Dyno-rod has always looked after my needs in the past, assume they provide this service also.

My issue was a 'lip' on the pipework that could 'snag' items and eventually cause a blockage. Make sure to keep in check what you flush down your toilet, never flush sanitary towels, baby wipes or thing of that nature, as they are not designed to disintegrate in water like toilet paper is, and can cause a lot of blockages

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭GhanGee

DGOBS wrote: »
    Dyno-rod has always looked after my needs in the past, assume they provide this service also.

My issue was a 'lip' on the pipework that could 'snag' items and eventually cause a blockage. Make sure to keep in check what you flush down your toilet, never flush sanitary towels, baby wipes or thing of that nature, as they are not designed to disintegrate in water like toilet paper is, and can cause a lot of blockages

thanks DGOBS, I will call them for a quote. I found some prices on the internet, another company asked 95 Eur for the inspection only, well I know their equipment is expensive, but I find it quite a 'rip-off' for this kind of survey. Btw, what I have a problem with is a water drain (I hope that's what you call it) not a sewer. Anyone else can advise on this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

5 euro in Lidl did it for me.

Shoved this down the shore and main waste pipe,gave it a twist or 2 and blockage went "down the drain".

Not bad for a fiver.:D

paddy147 wrote: »
    5 euro in Lidl did it for me.

Shoved this down the shore and main waste pipe,gave it a twist or 2 and blockage went "down the drain".

Not bad for a fiver.:D

it's not a sink inside the house. this is the main hole behind the house where gutter and all water drain pipes (bathroom, kitchen, washing machine) come together, then it goes under the house. In the past when the flow was too slow I managed to clean it with drain rods I bought in Woodies, but this time it's useless. And I am sure if I call a company to break through they will do but if the pipe is broken the ground might collaps, get inside and block it again. That's just the theory I don't know what's wrong with it, but the fact I had 2 people here in last 2 yrs and I DIY-cleaned it twice myself suggests this isn't the best way of dealing with the problem. I better find the cause and fix it permanently for a little extra rather than keep calling someone to get it unblocked "cheaply" every couple of months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

GhanGee wrote: »
    it's not a sink inside the house. this is the main hole behind the house where gutter and all water drain pipes (bathroom, kitchen, washing machine) come together, then it goes under the house. In the past when the flow was too slow I managed to clean it with drain rods I bought in Woodies, but this time it's useless. And I am sure if I call a company to break through they will do but if the pipe is broken the ground might collaps, get inside and block it again. That's just the theory I don't know what's wrong with it, but the fact I had 2 people here in last 2 yrs and I DIY-cleaned it twice myself suggests this isn't the best way of dealing with the problem. I better find the cause and fix it permanently for a little extra rather than keep calling someone to get it unblocked "cheaply" every couple of months.

Neither is the picture I posted.;)

Thats an external access manhole cover that then goes down into the main sewer pipe.

That flexi cleaner rod worked a treat for me.:D

• Advertisement

paddy147 wrote: »
    Neither is the picture I posted.;)

Thats an external access manhole cover that then goes down into the main sewer pipe.

That flexi cleaner rod worked a treat for me.:D

I might give it a try... for a five :D thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

GhanGee wrote: »

My dad gone one of these for the drain outside the house, the first time we did it it went fine.

Now the drainage pipe blocked again, the one just under the sink outside the house, after trying and trying it went then the drainage pipe to the left of the got got blocked, it seems they are interconnected.

Any ideas how to fix it, sorry for deviating away from the OP post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Sewer rods

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

Try supper drain.
    I think they have a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Hi all so I used a sewer rod to fix the blocked drainage and now it seems that theres some foul smell in the kitchen where the drainage got blocked.

E.g when I gt up in the morning its there, or when I'm back from going out is there. This is because the windows and doors are shut n the foul smell gets trapped.

Were is the smells coming from ?

thanks

Advertisement