Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ringsend / Thorcastle Rd / Fishermans Wharf

Options
  • 16-07-2012 11:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the above area is like? I'm viewing a place in Fishermans Wharf and just having a look on Google Maps and my daily walk to work would take me along Thorcastle Rd where the flats are.

Is it as dodgy as it looks?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

The area's grand. Spent a lot of time around there (maybe 10 years ago, though not at night) and never had any trouble. I doubt it's changed all that much in the intervening period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

You be grand, just because they are flats doesn't mean its rough. Each flat complex across the city is different, some rough with bad rep and others not rough. Tons of people traverse the route from the church to over the East Link every day and back with not a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Nope, grand area, never had any bother around there and used to run around that route at various times of day and night

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Moved to Fisherman's Wharf recently and I like it. Area is grand, quiet. Lots of "locals" but I've never heard a peep from them in any negative light. I have heard stories of stuff getting nicked from the Tesco but that can be hearsay too, and sure you get that all over.

Grand area, quiet, handy for town since you have the LUAS going from the O2 one side, and an easy 25 min walk the other side. Buses seem regular, I haven't gotten any yet. The Oarsman and The Yacht are nice local pubs, taxi into Stephen's Green/Harcourt is about €7 quid. Tesco around the corner, lots of chippers, bigger Tesco up the road in Sandymount village, and also the beach.

Negatives... I don't know, seems to be a dog poop problem around...?? Have heard of cars parked onstreet being broken into at night, but FW has a locked compound anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Have a friend who lives in the Flats on Thorncastle Street and he says they must be the quietest flats in Dublin, he loves it there.

21/25

• Advertisement
Advertisement