Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When mods pick on you

Options
  • 16-07-2012 12:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hussey seems to have a major hard on for me, he infracts,warns me for every second post in the Australia forum. we have a bit of history as i complained about him before on here as he deleted a thread i made on the forum asking for advice and it wasnt in the search function,ergo a new topic but he waded in , billy big bollocks style flexing his mod 'muscles'
    he appears to not like my thoughts on the irish arrivals into australia and takes offence to my opinions. he has now banned me for two weeks for a bit of banter with a guy who gave as good as he got, yet he doesnt get a banning. also in that thread, two mods were also posting and one even 'thanked ' my post
    very unfair indeed. i ask an independent mod to look into this for me and try and resolve. two weeks is way OTT. i cant link the thread but its on the oz forum and labelled ''things aussies do'' or something to that effect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi ObviouslyJesus

One of the Rec CMods will get to this as soon as we can.

Thanks

Micky

Hi OJ,

An accusation of being picked on is something we take seriously.
    I've spent a lot of time on this. Between discussing it with the mod who banned you, his co mod and another CMod. I looked at your entire dealings with hussey as a whole. For disclosure, I requested all PM conversations between yourself and himself.

Hussey seems to have a major hard on for me, he infracts,warns me for every second post in the Australia forum. we have a bit of history as i complained about him before on here as he deleted a thread i made on the forum asking for advice and it wasnt in the search function,ergo a new topic but he waded in , billy big bollocks style flexing his mod 'muscles'

In his dealings with you, he has been civil, the same cannot be said for you however. Even you're wording above does not encourage constructive debate

he appears to not like my thoughts on the irish arrivals into australia and takes offence to my opinions. he has now banned me for two weeks for a bit of banter with a guy who gave as good as he got, yet he doesnt get a banning. also in that thread, two mods were also posting and one even 'thanked ' my post

A mod that isn't a forum mod thanking your post has no relevance here.

I don't like a lot of your thoughts on the Irish arrivals much either. You are a low level troll, plain and simple. Trying to get a rise out of people with inflammatory comments. I was actually going to start quoting a few but there are many. This one, however is my favorite:
    ..............and I look quite good with brown shaved legs as opposed to as if some Mick from Tipperary did it where he’d resemble a plucked chicken stuffed inside a milk bottle

"Some Mick" You may claim that it's a common name but I know exactly what you were doing there and so do you. As I said I could have picked numerous examples of your trolling across a few threads.

Being Irish does in no way excuse your from using derogatory terms against other Irish people.

very unfair indeed. i ask an independent mod to look into this for me and try and resolve. two weeks is way OTT. i cant link the thread but its on the oz forum and labelled ''things aussies do'' or something to that effect

Here is the PM you sent back to the mod after your ban:

you're always being a crybaby, look how many times you have infracted me, and it all stems from one thread i made you deleted before i made my trip that i complained about on the help desk. two weeks for theat comment is OTT, you obviously have a personal vendetta against me cos i say things about Oz that are true that you bury your head in the sand. go read the threads and have a look at how many mods like xavi and zambia also post and reply back yet its you who constantly comes with the infractions and warnings. grow up and learn about the art of debate ya fecking whinger

I bolded the bit at the end to highlight the irony, do you see it? This PM is down right rude, inflammatory and bordering on abusive. There is no way any mod should have to listen to that, and you have the audacity to come in here claiming you were the one being picked on when the opposite is the truth.

To be honest I would have stood over a much longer ban. Your recent posting history shows you up as the stirrer that you are. You are not a positive influence in that forum.

I'd like to point you to this, An Admin gave you sound advice a few months back and it's only worse you have got.

I am up holding this ban. I will add, when you return, if you continue to post in the same vein as now, A much longer ban will await you.

You may have an Admin review my findings if you so wish.

Micky

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

birds of a feather flock together. this is ridicolous, ask him about our very first pm's back in february where he admitted he knew he was wrong for locking a thread of mine but wouldnt reopen it cos he ''didnt like'' me

Here it is:
    hussey wrote:
    Moderators make mistakes, and if someone points that out i am always open to fixing them, but insulting and sarcastic messages are not the way to resolve things.
    I have not been rude to you, I have not closed your thread, I moved your question into the WHV megathread as I thought it might help you, but since you were rude and sarcastic it will stay where it is.
    I am willing to reopen it but await apology for your insulting first message.
    you'll be waiting

It could have been easily resolved with a simple "ok, sorry about that"

I came into this like I do every DRP, with a hope to resolve an issue. I like nothing more then seeing a poster and mod being happy and to find middle ground. This is not always the case.

This has nothing to do with sticking up for a mod. Reading your recent posts leaves a lot to be desired.

Maybe have a look over everything again and reflect on your posting style. If a few people are saying the same thing, there is probably truth in it.

Do you want an Admin to review this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭ObviouslyJesus

whats the point tbf. anyone with a bit of personality or humour is generally not liked on this forum. i remember a few years ago there was this guy, lazers pew pew. side splittingly funny but got banned because his personality ruffled a few mod feathers. things will never change on here with the mods, you are all a clique of back scratchers. i'll never be frightened to voice my opinion on matters that are close to me and if i inject a bit of humour whilst doing so , then ban me all you like, says a lot more about the culture on boards than anything else

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Thread closed, so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement