Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Function Rooms Available at No or Low Cost

• 16-07-2012 1:07pm
    Site Banned Posts: 2

Hello,

I work for an Irish charity and are in the ideas stage of an event planned for September/October.

We are looking for recommendations of a venue - a function room or perhaps the floor of a city centre bar for 80-150 invited guests.

We have celebrity patronage and supporters and so hope to make this a fantastic sell out evening which could attract great media attention. As a small charity our budget is tiny so we are relying on donations and assistance from participating organisations so we ideally need the use of the room for free or very low cost - we can pretty much guarantee big spends at the bar and lots of positive press and promotion for the venue.

I know many places do give the room free provided there is spend at the bar - its just finding them!!!

Recommendations really appreciated.

Thanks!
    Clare.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Where exactly are you looking for the venue?

I would try a Community Centre, most of them have catering facilities, and they shouldn't be that expensive at all.

This one here would be in my area: http://www.dcyc.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Local rugby club?

They'll open the bar if you have good numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Try a few hotels, if you guarantee a decent spend they may accommodate you, no harm in asking around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Upstairs in Robert Reades beside Store Street. Great, central location.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

McGrattan's in Fitzwilliam Lane.

Genuinely, this is exactly the right place for this.

PM for more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

I think the Tara Towers hotel offer a free function room

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

upstairs in llyods pub on amiens street has a free room afaik

Advertisement