Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrendous eMobile Experience

Options
2»

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

dardix1 wrote: »
    Hi All.
    First time post so hope all goes well.
    Just had to pass on the details of my on going experience with E-mobile.

"Bit long winded as this has been going on since the 26th of June 2012."

It is today the 22nd of August 2012.
    On or before the 26th of June I received an offer from E-mobile that was available only to Eircom customers. It also offered an introduce a friend option.
    The deal sounded great. €34.50 per month incl. vat for unlimited calls text and data.
    Unfortunately / fortunately .( a matter of perspective at this point) I myself was unable to avail of the offer as I had not long tied myself to a contract with another provider, but it seemed such an attractive offer that I convinced my partner to avail of it and on the 26th of June after speaking once or twice to a very helpful E-mobile representitive called (NAME REMOVED) she took the plunge, left her current provider (o2) that she had been with, with no problems I might add for in access of 10 years, and she committed by telephone to an 18 month contract with E-mobile and paid €139.00 for a handset, and was advised that she would receive her new handset and sim package the next day.
    This did not happen.
    It also did not arrive the next day either.
    While I accept this in itself can happen, the fact that no time for delivery is specified, one is required to be at home to accept package, however on the 29th of June I received a phone call from another E-mobile representative named (NAME REMOVED) who informed me that the order that had been taken on the 26th of June had been processed incorrectly by E-mobile and therefore had been canceled and that my payment would be refunded and would be received in my account within 7 - 10 days and in order to avail of the offer we could either wait till the refund was received and E-mobile would hold the offer open as it was due to ther own error or we could pay €139.00 again and place a new order immediately.
    Hesitantly we paid again and a new order was processed and a new contract entered into.
    The weekend passed and on Monday the 2nd of July we received another phone call from another E-mobile representative named (NAME REMOVED), who again apologised and informed us that the order had again been incorrectly processed and therefore the contract canceled and again funds would be refunded within 7-10 days. She again asked for authorisation to process a third payment and create a third sales order.

"Imagine, walking into your local supermarket, paying for your shopping and as you proceed to leave the premises the security man steps up, apologises for the inconvenience, and requests that due to an error made by the checkout staff, your purchase has been canceled and your money will be refunded in 7-10 days, but, you may, if you like,
    i)return to the checkout and repurchase the goods, or, alternatively,
    ii)the goods will be available to purchase if you would like to return in 7-10 days when you have access to your funds.

Now imagine you accept option i) and the same thing happened again!!!!"

"OMG, reading this back I feel stupid now. Did we really pay 3 times."

At this point you may think both myself and herself are a little soft. Lol. I can assure that we are not, but as long time customers of Eircom and having had no problems over the years, hey, what can we say, assumptions were made that both payments would be returned within the 7-10 days as agreed, and we moved on.
    We received the handset on the 6th of July and are happy with same, so just the issue of our refunds and this is where it has all gone wrong.
    We waited the 10 days as requested and, when no refunds had been received we contacted E-mobile and were informed that both refunds had been processed and would be in our account very shortly, and on the 20th of July we did receive a refund of €139.00. Great we thought. The other one should follow, and we waited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......and this is really where the story begins.

"I feel at this point that I am Alice, E-mobile is Wonderland and I've swallowed something I shouldn't have as I feel Ive spoken to everyone in E-mobile including the large grinning cat.
    I've been told the refund shall be, will be, is being, has been, was being processed that many times by that many different characters that I'm flummoxed."

Without exageration we have spoken with and recorded the names of 14 individual E-mobile representatives who have in one way or another given us assurances that this issue has been resolved.
    Most we have spoken to more than once.
    Along the way it has been denied that three payments had been taken and proof demanded, we have been informed on numerous occasions that the refund had been processed and then in the next call this has been refuted by an E-mobile colleague.
    We have also been promised credit to the account for all the confusion but the truth is if between us we added up the hours we have spent over the last 2 months on the phone trying to resolve this problem I'd be confident we have lost close on 20 hours, (Refute this E-mobile if you like but I remind you that all calls are recorded for security and (lol) training purposes.) Also all calls can be confirmed as they where made on the E-mobile handset or the Eircom landline.
    Anyway to where we are today the 22nd August.
    Yesterday evening I received a call from an Eircom representative called (NAME REMOVED).
    Nice chap, seemed helpful, cant say exactly what he called for as I never gave him a chance but I'm pretty sure it was to get me to verbally sign a new contract. I took my chance and explained the whole affair as explained above, and (NAME REMOVED) kindly took it upon himself to try and resolve the issue immediately. He contacted E-mobile and put forward my case, I assume, as I've explained it and after a while on hold (NAME REMOVED) returned to tell me he was going to explain everything to me.

"Excellent. At last we're getting somewhere."

(NAME REMOVED) then proceeded to explain to me how on the 26th of June when placing the first order and verbally confirming the first contract that the member of staff had accidently pressed the order confirmation button 3 times and this is how there had been 3 order numbers created.
    He continued to explain to me that this was simply a clerical error at there end and that only 1 payment had ever been charged against my account.

"Ever feel like lifes too short for this. I apologise if you 've followed the tale this far."

In fairness to (NAME REMOVED) I feel that I should point out that I do believe he was only conveying what he had been told by a member of E-mobile staff.

"Fairytale stuff at best. If one where to have such a mind, one might suspect that hiding behind this innocent veneer of naivety is an intercoms behemoth that seems happy to feast on its customers misery."

Well. I can assure you all. We are very patient people as I'm sure you would agree and in this same vein I explained to (NAME REMOVED) how this statement of events was false and that I can see 3 payments leaving my account with 3 different E-mobile sales order numbers that relate to these payments and E-mobile bills showing three payments in credit of €139.00 each to a total of €417.00.
    Again I was put on hold and low and behold (NAME REMOVED) returns with great news.

"Whoopee... I knew Eircom wouldn't let me down."

(NAME REMOVED) proceeded to explain how himself and the sales manager in E-mobile had unraveled this mess and taken screenshots to support what I was saying was correct and that there would be no further dispute. The refund of €139.00 would be processed first thing in the morning (22nd Aug) and to call (NAME REMOVED) in E-mobile on the afternoon of the 22nd to confirm same and that she may be able to speed up the process due to the inexplicable delay thusfar. (NAME REMOVED) then trumpeted that (NAME REMOVED), manager, E-mobile had been instrumental in this breakthrough.
    We called (NAME REMOVED) today. Guess what. No refund processed. Futhermore she is now insisting that a second refund has already been processed by E-mobile on the 6th August and has requested my bank statement to prove I have not received said refund.
    Contacted my bank. No problem. Statement will be with me in 5 days. This will have to then be forwarded to E-mobile, where once they have found that I am not a liar, they will then decide to process again???????? and take another 7-10 days!!!!!!!!!!!!..............
    My bank also informs me E-mobile can trace this payment if it has gone astray.
    All E-mobile has to do is check the very billing info they have sent me to see the facts....
    This is where we are.
    Told E-mobile representative (NAME REMOVED) today that I am going to cancel direct debits to both E-mobile and Eircom. Needless to say she didn't seem that bothered as I'm sure they'll all be paid there salary at the end of the month regardless.

"Insinuated that I may turn up with a banner and hold a mini protest. Well, you'd think I'd physically accosted her. I was then warned about making threats and told that there was nothing further could be done and was left with a dead line."

What can I say.
    Nice work if you can get it.
    I'd love to know is it just us or has any one else had or is anyone else having an equally awful experience.

P.s for those who stuck with it and are interested, I can inform you this IS the condensed version. Fortunately I'm restricted in both energy and time. But will update as frequently as I can.

P.p.s Sorry if I'm hi-jacking someone else's thread. Think I can only reply to threads as a new user.
    Look forward to hearing other peoples experiences.

Hi dardix1,

Firstly thank you for bringing this to my attention and also for taking the time to type this post. I will go through your post in detail but firstly could you PM the name, address and order number for the orders I will investigate this further for you.

Tony

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Have yo say ive dealt with e-mobile before and had problems also. Wouldnt be arsed with them again and there customer care is shocking. You'd get a better response from Three's outsourced customer care based in india.

Hi corcaigh1,

Is there anything that I can help you with here?

Tony

Advertisement